News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint

Started by poppa, June 08, 2008, 06:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Do the colors also have names? Such as ,for 69 they had R-6 and R-4.
Saw a car at a show and the guy said it was 68 Matador??  Make sense??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

dads_69

Yes they do have names for them. I don't have my book info. here at home, but R6 is Crimson Red R4 I can't recall right now. I'm sure someone will help before I get back to you.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Ghoste

Charger Red for R4 in one book.  The fsm calls it Bright Red and I think it's commonly known as Rallye Red.

poppa

dID THEY HAVE A mATADOR RED IN 68??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

dads_69

Is poppy red a color for '68 or '69? Possibly R4?
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Ghoste

68 had a red that was coded PP1 so that could have picked up the nickname Poppy Red, but myself I've only heard of Poppy Red as the nickname given to the K&K Daytona.  :shruggy:

JimShine

You can look up the chip charts at www.autocolorlibrary.com

Mike DC

Bear in mind that the names you read on a certain paint color aren't exactly legal & binding.

These names vary a lot from brand-to-brand and year-to-year.  They sometimes put different names onto the same color, different colors under the same name, etc.

The numerical paint code information is the most reliable way to identify an automotive paint color.