News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which board member are we missing?

Started by CB, June 06, 2008, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

some members missed that were constant on the other board:

AlexinOklahoma ( I own him around $5 for list a NOS 72 door in my name on ebay )

1973charger or kinda of... he got the "charger of the month" reward

Grizzly, or kinda of... he had a 74 what he got took pics of the seatbelt setup when I was making the info research about

Damn I allmost had forgott SirNik73... he got me some mercedes parts but never got me back. Dunno if he has still storaged!!!!

another girl was SEXY72CHARGER or so... I asked for pics from its interior ( I meant the charger interior :D )

NOTE: I ALLWAYS HAVE LEFT NOTES ABOUT THE CHAGNUM STUFF IS A JOKE  :eyes: ;D ( just remarking that because I got deleted a reply once, Troy and me got PM's each other talking about! )... Diff story is when new members are excesivelly sensitive  :girlfight: or chagnum critiques are really hard enough to offense to owners ( what In my case never have been ). I think that's the moment when we have to take care and THINK ABOUT. I also could left the board when got critiques and jest about my Charger wasn't an R/T being a 74, or being latinamerican with a bad english :P. Democracy is the same to everybody... to say and to accept stuff, but with respectfull

NOTE 2: HAHAH, I LIKE YOUR SIGNATURE CALL OUTS KHYRON !!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Hey, another member who is barelly posting is Vainglory ( maybe that is the attorney you are reffering Brock ? )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: CB on June 08, 2008, 10:51:41 AM

That guy with the white charger sold it , never heared from him again. He lives in the Netherlands.
CB

edit: his name was alfred, BTW

yes, Alfred!!!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 09, 2008, 10:41:59 AM
some members missed that were constant on the other board:

AlexinOklahoma ( I own him around $5 for list a NOS 72 door in my name on ebay )

I talked to Alex a year or so ago. He had sold his charger and was out of the hobby. Still down in Oklahoma.

Todd

Nacho-RT74

yeah you told me about, and new owner of alex's car is around here I think... but still missed!!! great guy!

Brock Samson

Arthu®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 08, 2008, 09:19:48 AM
Arthur

I'm still here, don't post very often, do read a lot of the threads. Have found that the atmosphere on this board has changed significantly over time. Plus I've been really busy.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

PocketThunder

Quote from: Arthu® on June 09, 2008, 02:08:19 PM
Arthur

I'm still here, don't post very often, do read a lot of the threads. Have found that the atmosphere on this board has changed significantly over time. Plus I've been really busy.

Arthur

Changed?  what do you mean?  Usually the change is seasonal, but i havent noticed anything over the years..  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 06, 2008, 08:58:11 PM

The rebel mojo jojo :shruggy:

That guy was a dick!  :D

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 08, 2008, 08:34:30 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 07, 2008, 11:21:41 AM
There was also another guy, Ross I think. Had a sweet looking burgandy 69 with a 440 six pack in it I believe. I loved that car.
I believe Ross runs the CudaChallenger site no?

:yesnod:

I've hung out / talked with him "offline"....but not in about a year. He's good people, but can be just as elusive in real life too.  :P

Anyone remember that 'kid' (he was 20 or so at the time...6-7 years ago) from the Netherlands who had that b5 blue Charger?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Arthu®

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 09, 2008, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: Arthu® on June 09, 2008, 02:08:19 PM
Arthur

Arthur

Changed?  what do you mean?  Usually the change is seasonal, but i havent noticed anything over the years..  :shruggy:

Maybe it's not the others who have changed, but it's me. When I started out on the old board I was just 16 years old, 6 years later, I have become (a little) wizer. I just notice a lot of "uneducated opinions", name calling and other childish behaviour. I'm probably one of the younger folks around here, yet I sometimes feel more mature than some of the "older" members on here. I believe in free speech and that everybody should be able to voice his/her opinion, but I just wish some people around here would at least make an attempt at thinking before posting.

Arthur

TUFCAT

I actually enjoy reading other peoples opinions. Much like the editorials in the newspaper - even if I don't agree with all of them!   As long as an opinion is well thought out, well written, organized, articulate, and factual, I don't mind reading it.  I think Troy's beef is with peoples [opinions] include angry overtones, finger-pointing, purposely created to be hurtful to a particular "somebody". 

I agree with Troy..... "member bashing" is bad.  Being negative may not always be welcomed, but shouldn't be a standard issue violation. Good negativity can create well-spirted discussions - as long as it doesn't get out of hand.  The moderator's job is to determine what is UNacceptatble.   To Bull's credit,  his "opinions" almost always meet the criteria of being decent editorials.  This is similar to Howard Stern.   I don't always agree with Bull or Stern, but I do enjoy reading Bull's stuff (and listening to Stern), because they're interesting, entertaining, and apply decent logic ....most of the time.   :Twocents: :Twocents: 

....oh yeah Bull.......I like the new Chargers by the way!  :nana: :nana: :nana:

CB

Arthur, I allways appreciated your imput. Glad you stayed around :2thumbs:

Anyway, it seems that some of the oldtimers (members of DC.com version I) re-registered themselfs, (with or without a new forum name) kept posting good stuff and kept the board alife.

As long as we all get along, right?

CB

Oh, Botox Star, you do miss Chargerkid right?  :nana:  j/k
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 09, 2008, 03:22:59 PM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 09, 2008, 03:14:32 PM
Where is CHARERKID? :popcrn: :icon_smile_tongue:

Quote from: CB on June 09, 2008, 03:19:30 PM
Oh, Botox Star, you do miss Chargerkid right?  :nana:  j/k

.....maybe he's been working on those 3rd generation bumper filler pieces.  :2thumbs:

Like a tooth ache or a hemroid.... :nana: :D :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Plum Crazy 71

One can only think of the good old days for so long.  Part of growth is letting people move on.  There are alot of members that I used to keep in contact with on a daily basis.  But when I sold the 71 I sorta dropped off the site.  Now with how the job is going, I often forget to check here as my nightly process.  I think that is atleast a years worth of reading to do before I could ever thing that I was caught up...lol.  Keep the rubber side down boys.
To set the bar higher than you can reach is a dumb way to do pull-ups.

Chris G.

That's twice now. If you have personal issues with him, deal with it it through PM's. I really don't feel like getting a "notify the mod" email about how you are baiting this guy into something. You've asked twice now, if he wants to tell you where he's been, give him a chance.

Plum Crazy 71

Gotta love the small stuff eh Chris?
To set the bar higher than you can reach is a dumb way to do pull-ups.

Arthu®

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 09, 2008, 03:05:45 PM
I actually enjoy reading other peoples opinions. Muchlike the editorials in the newspaper - even if I don't agree with all of them!   As long as an opinion is well thought out, well written, organized, articulate, and factual, I don't mind reading it.  I think Troy's beef is with peoples [opinions] include angry overtones, finger-pointing, and created for being purposely hurtful to a particular "somebody".

I agree with Troy..... "member bashing" is bad.  Being negative on the other hand, may not always be welcomed, but shouldn't be a standard issue violation. Good negativity can create well-spirted discussions - as long as it doesn't get out of hand.  The moderator's job is to determine what is UNacceptatble.   To Bull's credit,  his "opinions" almost always met the criteria of being decent editorials.  This is similar to Howard Stern.   I don't always agree with either of them,  I do enjoy reading Bull's stuff (or listening to Stern), because they're interesting, entertaining, and apply decent logic ....most of the time.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

....oh yeah Bull.......I like the new Chargers by the way!  :nana: :nana: :nana:

Don't get me wrong I like opinions as well, just don't like the uneducated ones. Like you said if an opinion is well thought out, well written, organized, articulate, and factual, I don't have any problem with it either. Could be that I don't share it, but you can't have everything, and if it is really that good I might even consider changing my own opinion. It's just that decent discussions are few and far between, they end up having that angry overtone in the end.

Arthur

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Chris G. on June 09, 2008, 03:39:16 PM

That's twice now. If you have personal issues with him, deal with it it through PM's. I really don't feel like getting a "notify the mod" email about how you are baiting this guy into something. You've asked twice now, if he wants to tell you where he's been, give him a chance.

Sorry. I am a smart ass sometimes. Forgot that I allready asked once....Sorry. really..I am. :2thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

last426

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 09, 2008, 12:45:04 PM
last 426  :shruggy:

All I know is Barb and I were at Mopar Alley, patiently waiting (with cookies) for a gay bike to glide by but no, the first I found that you were there was a pic of the rv.  Dejected, we hemi loped home, cookies and all.  Kim

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 09, 2008, 10:58:40 AM
Hey, another member who is barelly posting is Vainglory ( maybe that is the attorney you are reffering Brock ? )

Yeah, I check in every once in a while but don't have much to say anymore.  I suppose you could say that I'm one of the old members who got run off by jerks, but that's not really the whole story, especially since I can be a jerk too when provoked.  What really gets me is that I see a lot of topics on here that I don't think really belong on a Charger board, and yet we see the same crappy topics over and over and over, with plenty of acrimony to go around.  I don't have the time or patience to deal with it, and since my Charger's currently in hibernation waiting for some fundage, I don't really have much else to talk about.  Another problem is the fact that a lot of the old members who left or got run off were the people that I actually enjoyed talking to, and it's like losing a friend when they don't show up anymore.  I was one of the first couple hundred members of the old Charger board (last decade!), and things have changed so much.  I'm not sure I like it as much, but I don't want to give it up completely.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Arthu® on June 09, 2008, 04:30:18 PM

Don't get me wrong I like opinions as well, just don't like the uneducated ones. Like you said if an opinion is well thought out, well written, organized, articulate, and factual, I don't have any problem with it either. Could be that I don't share it, but you can't have everything, and if it is really that good I might even consider changing my own opinion. It's just that decent discussions are few and far between, they end up having that angry overtone in the end.

Arthur

Arthur, We miss you on the silly movie quote thread.  Bigred66 has some tuffies that he posts. :yesnod:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

dont miss anyone too much, really enjoy meeting new ones though as they go through their new acquisition with fervor, excitement and curiousity.  that is what this board is about.  its organic, those that mingle and intertwine with it, change it.  that is exciting in its own right.  for those who wish it was something that it used to be, life is never like it used to be, so you either accept change or get left holding the bag.

me, i enjoy the diversity.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

I'm TOTTALLY agree with RD... is about adaptation to all the movements and you don't need to miss your essential.

Honestly I don't think everything has changed A LOT, well yeah, lot of new members with new ideas and projects, mostly teenagers... isn't that great ? If no new members we will have a death board sooner or later, nothing new to say.

Vain, jerks are all around. Not just here or just there, simply ALL AROUND... if you or anybody runs off for that reason will be running all the time ( maybe like Forrest Gump hehe ). As I stated, I'm the one who could run off by jerks. At the end I dunno really who is more jerk than other since I simply don't enter on every topic, specially those I think are controversial, so I don't know about every detail said. BTW great you are still here at least reading and I hope get funds soon to see your Charger on roads. 

Arthur, great you are still around!!! I remember you were one of the first posters when I made my "in spanish" thread, back in 2002.

Last426!!! how are you ?, You never has been one of the top poster, but allways present!!!

Nacho-RT74

another member missed... charger_croatia!