News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which board member are we missing?

Started by CB, June 06, 2008, 07:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 07, 2008, 11:21:41 AM
I miss Bull.

I know a thread about Chris's new car got a little ugly between Troy and Bull, but I like the guy. I sure hope he stays.
Hmmm, I missed that exchange. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 07, 2008, 09:21:47 PM
I miss Bull.

I know a thread about Chris's new car got a little ugly between Troy and Bull, but I like the guy. I sure hope he stays.

Don't worry, I taped it for you.   :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CezNIRYYGY
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

Hey I did remember another lost members:

Charged ( Eric )

Arthur

There was another european member. Dunno remember name or screen name, was from Belgium or Netherland. he did have a white 68 or 69  Charger. I think he had to sold it... I think to remember you personally know him CB!!!

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

Eric just posted a little blurb in a thread a few days ago. I've also seen him lurking here occasionally.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

defiance

Quote from: CB on June 07, 2008, 07:51:40 AM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 06, 2008, 10:02:37 PM
I also miss Cudaken

yea what happened with CudaKen?  :shruggy:

He finished his blown engine and the first time he was driving it around it had major mechanical issues.  That frustrated him A LOT, then he basically disappeard - the next time we heard from him he had lots of personal trouble and was basically selling everything, then disappeared again, this time permanently.  I think a couple of people tried to contact him offline, but I never heard how that went.

Nacho-RT74

74RALLYE or kinda off is another missed member. He had 3 or 4 3rd gens and made once a good thread about the hideaways conversion. Dunno why but I remember PERFECTLY pic he posted about a plain jane beige 73 he had/has

chargerguy74 ( Ryan ) I have seen oftenly but not posting like on earlier times, also in my MSN...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

CB

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 08, 2008, 09:19:48 AM
Hey I did remember another lost members:

Charged ( Eric )

Arthur

There was another european member. Dunno remember name or screen name, was from Belgium or Netherland. he did have a white 68 or 69  Charger. I think he had to sold it... I think to remember you personally know him CB!!!

Arthur posted a while back, not as frequently as before I guess.
That guy with the white charger sold it , never heared from him again. He lives in the Netherlands.
CB

edit: his name was alfred, BTW
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Troy

Doc74 (Dirk), Emily, eastcoastchargers (Jonathan), yellowcuda (Shelley), azraelck, 69RealGL, 66supercharger, a large portion of the female membership, and practically anyone registering because they bought a "new" Charger have aren't around because certain members just can't help being jerks. The list is much longer than that. Many others have sent me PMs saying they were leaving for the similar reasons but have since decided to return (but maybe not post as much). Other have left the site after getting mad because they were called out for being the jerks who are running other people off the site (you can figure those out on your own). Some members have had medical or personal issues and needed to take a break.

Here's some others that I just don't know about but I do wonder where they are and how they are doing:
doechsle, ying, Dr. V, topduarte, CaymanSublime, alfred, General Ryan, The Mad Scientist, SirNik73, Kryp2nitE, danny gutierrez, 72Rallye440, Charger4404spd, GTX, Gilbert Charger, Goldfinger71 (although he's only been "missing for 2 months so I hope he's finishing up his car for Carlisle)

Two guys that I definitely notice when they are gone: 4402tuff4u, Drop Top

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Todd Wilson

The Mad Scientist is alive and well in Oklahoma. Talked to his grandpa a few weeks back and asked about him.

Todd

CB

Quote from: Troy on June 08, 2008, 11:39:09 AM
Doc74 (Dirk), Emily, eastcoastchargers (Jonathan), yellowcuda (Shelley), azraelck, 69RealGL, 66supercharger, a large portion of the female membership, and practically anyone registering because they bought a "new" Charger have aren't around because certain members just can't help being jerks. The list is much longer than that. Many others have sent me PMs saying they were leaving for the similar reasons but have since decided to return (but maybe not post as much). Other have left the site after getting mad because they were called out for being the jerks who are running other people off the site (you can figure those out on your own). Some members have had medical or personal issues and needed to take a break.

Here's some others that I just don't know about but I do wonder where they are and how they are doing:
doechsle, ying, Dr. V, topduarte, CaymanSublime, alfred, General Ryan, The Mad Scientist, SirNik73, Kryp2nitE, danny gutierrez, 72Rallye440, Charger4404spd, GTX, Gilbert Charger, Goldfinger71 (although he's only been "missing for 2 months so I hope he's finishing up his car for Carlisle)

Two guys that I definitely notice when they are gone: 4402tuff4u, Drop Top

Troy

:o  WOW, doechsle, ying, Dr. V, topduarte, CaymanSublime, alfred, General Ryan, The Mad Scientist, SirNik73, Kryp2nitE, danny gutierrez, 72Rallye440, Charger4404spd, GTX, Gilbert Charger  all those members I remember talking too! didn't know there were so many guys missing!!!
Sad!!  :'(
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

Other have left the site after getting mad because they were called out for being the jerks who are running other people off the site (you can figure those out on your own).

Gee, I wonder? :scratchchin: Don't give yourself too much credit. :lol: Are you saying it's better to run off those people whose perspective you don't subscribe to or new members? Because either way they're getting run off. :shruggy:

Brock Samson

i remember a Dentist, and an Attorney ( i think i ran him off) some folks just don't post much, like Ca Charger and Rally,  :scratchchin: i think i'm ok running folks off though, cause i invite at least twice as many as i annoy...  :shruggy:

AKcharger

I beleve that if new members aren't exactly like me then their bad and should be run out of town! :flame:

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Just 6T9 CHGR

There was also another guy, Ross I think. Had a sweet looking burgandy 69 with a 440 six pack in it I believe. I loved that car.
I believe Ross runs the CudaChallenger site no?

Anyone remember the guy from Japan with the white 69 with the racing stripes & #'s on the side?  For the life of me I cant remember his name......I also hope he was on this board & not the old one.  My memory sucks :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 07, 2008, 10:27:22 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 07, 2008, 09:21:47 PM
I miss Bull.

Don't worry, I taped it for you.   :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CezNIRYYGY
Thanks, Moparz. :smilielol:

Quote from: AKcharger on June 08, 2008, 04:55:12 PM
I beleve that if new members aren't exactly like me then their bad and should be run out of town! :flame:
Fine, I'm leaving! :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Quote from: bull on June 08, 2008, 01:55:07 PM
Other have left the site after getting mad because they were called out for being the jerks who are running other people off the site (you can figure those out on your own).

Gee, I wonder? :scratchchin: Don't give yourself too much credit. :lol: Are you saying it's better to run off those people whose perspective you don't subscribe to or new members? Because either way they're getting run off. :shruggy:
Well, I was specifically referring to people like Dodge Freak and 70charger_boy so don't read too much into that. However, if you feel it was aimed at you then maybe that's something to think about.

My "perspective" is that in order for a community to grow and be successful that newcomers (and old timers alike) need to feel welcomed, comfortable and accepted. At the same time, the site needs to have some value (usually information) which needs to be relevant and easily accessible without having to wade through too much garbage. Honestly, if we lose 10-15 new members for every jackass that's been around a long time then that is unacceptable. This isn't a private club. Sadly, not everyone who leaves due to these same jackasses is a new member (see above). That is even less tolerable since it tips the environmental balance in favor of the people who would rather be rude and obnoxious than helpful and inviting. Take a guess at which ones are missed and which ones are celebrated for their absence.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dads_69

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 08, 2008, 08:34:30 PM

There was also another guy, Ross I think. Had a sweet looking burgundy 69 with a 440 six pack in it I believe. I loved that car.

Anyone remember the guy from Japan with the white 69 with the racing stripes & #'s on the side?  For the life of me I cant remember his name......I also hope he was on this board & not the old one.  My memory sucks :rotz:

Chris, I believe the name your thinking of is GeneralArrow? I also thought he was Canadian, but I could be wrong. Also, on the old site there was a '69 charger R/T F8 green w/a black top and Trq. thrust mags owner Jim Fish? Any recollection of him anywhere? I think he lived in Cali' also.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

RTSE69

PocketThunder

Quote from: dads_69 on June 08, 2008, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 08, 2008, 08:34:30 PM

There was also another guy, Ross I think. Had a sweet looking burgundy 69 with a 440 six pack in it I believe. I loved that car.

Chris, I believe the name your thinking of is GeneralArrow? I also thought he was Canadian, but I could be wrong. Also, on the old site there was a '69 charger R/T F8 green w/a black top and Trq. thrust mags owner Jim Fish? Any recollection of him anywhere? I think he lived in Cali' also.

Mark

Hey i remember that name Jim Fish.   :yesnod:

And i think the guy from Cananda had the Charger with 312 on the side (instead of 01).  :shruggy:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dads_69

Yeah, cool, it was Jim Fish. I had a charger exactly like his years ago and sent photos back and forth to another on the old site, but lost all info. as others did when it closed shop. I remember there were over 10 or 12 thousand members also.
I saved photos of the charger w/the numbers on the side of it, very different, but they are lost now as well.

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Lowprofile

I haven't heard from "Nupe" in a long time. Any other board members live up in Maine?

Good guy....I bought a set of wheels from him awhile ago. shipped them right to me asap.

Name:  Nupe
Position:  Full Member
Date Registered:  August 05, 2005, 12:41:27 PM
Last Active:  January 28, 2008, 04:54:53 PM
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

i forget the name now, but one of our old & more prolific members, bought a dark bronze '71 road runner he found in a barn or something for next to nothing and alot of folks flamed him calling  :icon_bs: and he never returned, of course his wife had a kid at about that same time too...  :shruggy:

mikepmcs

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 09, 2008, 06:45:16 AM
Any other board members live up in Maine?

:wave: Readfield, Maine.

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 09, 2008, 09:12:46 AM
i forget the name now, but one of our old & more prolific members, bought a dark bronze '71 road runner he found in a barn or something for next to nothing and alot of folks flamed him calling  :icon_bs: and he never returned, of course his wife had a kid at about that same time too...  :shruggy:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23408.0.html

Here you go Dave, I believe it was bookedbydano and he was on as late as May 29th.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?