News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ideas for stock car racing (1/2 mile track, New Smyrna Speedway, FL)

Started by Lightning, March 28, 2006, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

well, since I can't find a 360 at the local junkyards, I'm gonna try to see if my local track will let me try this for the Super Stock class,

a 318 with a 360 crank (with the journals ground down to the 318's size), with a .030 overbore that should give me about 350-352ci, right?

it should let me take advantage of the 318's torque capabilities as well?

here's the rules for the FASCAR Sportsman, Super Stock, and Strictly Stock classes
http://fascar.org/html/page4.shtml

I'm gonna run the LeBaron in the Strictly stock with the 318 until I wreck it, then I'll find me a better (B-,E-,or A-body) Mopar to use,  If It lasts me I'll use it for Super stock as well with that engine idea

(if I can EVER find a 340, they'll let me use it in the Strictly Stock class)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Chryco Psycho

Lightning

Chryco Psycho

694spdRT

You really can't find a 360 anywhere locally? I know Johns's up in by Bunnel would have one for you as I have been there numerous times on vacation and the last time there were 318's, 360's, 383's, and a 440 engine. I even passed on a 340 one time that was rebuilt...probably gone by now.

I would look around a little more.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Lightning

I probably will now that I'm really close to finding a daily driver, so I can put the m-body on jackstands and start stripping it.

the main thing I'm worried about now is the suspension, as the iso-clamps in back are really going to dampen the feel of what the car's doing.

any ideas on how to go about this while making it look "stock"?

I'm gonna get rid of the rubber k-frame isolators and use Firm Feel's iron isolators (i've heard these REALLY help the front suspension)

HOTRODBAKER

YOU SEE MOSTLY CHEBBIES RACE IN CIRCLES AND THEY ALWAYS CRASH!!! tHATS WHY MOPARS ARE FOR DRAG RACING OR CRUISING!!! MY OPINION IS IF YOUR GOING TO RACE IN CIRCLES EITHER CRASH UP CHEBBIES AND BORDS OR STAY HOME!!!! IN THE STANDS ARE ALL THE MOPAR GUYS DRINKING BEER!!!!

Dodge Don

MassCharger73

Quote from: HOTRODBAKER on April 14, 2006, 07:44:37 PM
YOU SEE MOSTLY CHEBBIES RACE IN CIRCLES AND THEY ALWAYS CRASH!!! tHATS WHY MOPARS ARE FOR DRAG RACING OR CRUISING!!! MY OPINION IS IF YOUR GOING TO RACE IN CIRCLES EITHER CRASH UP CHEBBIES AND BORDS OR STAY HOME!!!! IN THE STANDS ARE ALL THE MOPAR GUYS DRINKING BEER!!!!

Just my  :Twocents:  We won a enduro championship several years back with a 1983 Diplomat /6 4 door.
1973 Charger

Lightning

what I might do is do that for the upcoming race this november except use a 318.

Lightning

to bring this thread "back from the dead" so to speak, I'm taking the 22R ('88 Toyota Pickup) drifting instead.  So we're back to stock car racing, is there anything I can do to make the engine/suspension appear stock until I eventually wreck it and buy a shot 3rd gen B-body?

Lightning

question: as far as setting up the torsion bars go, what should I do with them? set it so the right side is higher than the left? (I've never messed with them before, so any help is appreciated)