News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Hulk movie

Started by CaptMarvel, June 06, 2008, 08:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptMarvel

Any comic book movie fans out there? Ive been reading about how the new flick will improve drastically on the CGI of the one done 5 years ago and is supposed to be better. Ill admit, I didnt care for the sad/dysfunctional family theme of the first movie, but I dont understand all the trash talk about the special effects...Did I miss something? I thought (other than the mood of the movie) the first one did pretty good with the CGI....Hulk looked as believable as any 9 ft 700 lb green angry guy could look..no different quality in my opinion than all the other superhero/sci fi flicks done recently... people tend to get really nit picky about stuff I guess....:confused: :shruggy:

1BAD68

first one was awesome! I dont know how they could improve on cgi quality

nh_mopar_fan

I like movies that hold true to the book. Haven't seen it yet.

I'm looking forward to it.

I was a Marvel collector when I was a kid. They're all boxed up and in storage.

TruckDriver

I grew up with the Marvel & DC comics. I had friends that were total geeks on them. They had most of every comic ever made back to #1 for most of the cartoon series. All lot of $$$ now. But even though I liked the Hulk, I was more into Ironman, Fantasic 4, & Sargent Slaughter (the WWII ones).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nh_mopar_fan

Slaughter?

You mean Sgt. Fury, right?

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigRed66

I thought Sgt. Slaughter was a WWF dude from the early 80's... :shruggy:

I didn't like the first Hulk movie...I don't know why; I wanted to, being a collector and reader of comix since about 1973 or 1974, Marvel titles, in particular. I liked some DC titles, too, and I read Superman, but, I always thought he was sort of a wimp, unlike Batman...anyhow, the first Hulk movie left me disinterested, but, seeing as Edward Norton is in this one, I'll go see it. I'll even watch the first one again, just in case there are references I may have missed.

I wish/hope they would have/will do something better with The Punisher series...(Hugh Jazhole, BAD)

...and the Fantastic 4 movies were so-so...(too campy)  :eek2:

...they ruined Daredevil (Ben Affleck? Puh-leeez)... :badidea:

...Aquaman? Soon? Vincent Chase doesn't count...

...Spiderman, my favorite comic, has been, far and away, the best screen interpretation. They can do those infinitely.

...things that make you go, "Hmmmmmmmmm..."  :scratchchin:
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

TruckDriver

Quote from: BigRed66 on June 06, 2008, 01:26:07 PM
I thought Sgt. Slaughter was a WWF dude from the early 80's... :shruggy:

It was. I was just talking to someone about him before I saw this post. It was just a brain fart :P

Daredevil is another comic I liked a lot growing up.

All said, I never yet seen any of the movies other then the first 3 Batman movies.
PETE

Ranger Max

Mike DC

QuoteAll said, I never yet seen any of the movies other than the first three Batman movies.

Anyone who was disappointed by the cheesy Batman movies in the 1990's that hasn't seen the recent "Batman begins" (the one with Christain Bale & Morgan Freeman & Katie Holmes) should give it a try. 

It bears absolutely no resemblance to the last several Batman moves before it.  It's more real-world believable than any of the others, including even the first Keaton/Nicholson/Basinger movie from 1989.  It's heavy on the plausibility and light on the CGI.

The new Batman flick this summer (Heath Ledger's closing show) should be the same way. 

TruckDriver

I liked the first 3 Batman movies. I just never made any effort to see the others. I have to be in a certain mood to watch a movie, which isn't much.

I have over 30 movies in my movie collection that I bought 2 years ago or longer ago that I still never opened. A lot of them are good car/trucking movies too.
PETE

Brock Samson

Quote from: CaptMarvel on June 06, 2008, 08:08:56 AM
Any comic book movie fans out there? Ive been reading about how the new flick will improve drastically on the CGI of the one done 5 years ago and is supposed to be better. Ill admit, I didnt care for the sad/dysfunctional family theme of the first movie, but I dont understand all the trash talk about the special effects...Did I miss something? I thought (other than the mood of the movie) the first one did pretty good with the CGI....Hulk looked as believable as any 9 ft 700 lb green angry guy could look..no different quality in my opinion than all the other superhero/sci fi flicks done recently... people tend to get really nit picky about stuff I guess....:confused: :shruggy:

Ya' know I never would'a figgured you for a comic book reader..  :shruggy:

CaptMarvel

HOLY MOLEY!, get a clue Brock  :rofl:

I always did prefer the old fashion caped big boy scout type characters with the perpetual smile, never got into or even understood the angst ridden "kill em all hero" of late....and Im not that old either..(my best comic book reading days were between 1972 and early 80's) I do try to eventually see most of the classic superhero character flicks though...I keep hearing rumors of the Captain coming to the big screen...

BigRed66

Went to see the movie last night....WOW. They should issue each moviegoer a heart monitor and freeze it at it's peak reading. That was an awesome movie. If I was Ang Lee, I would hang myself at once for having made that piece-of-crap movie in 2003. No comparison. 2003 movie=1977 6-cyl. Vega.....2008 movie=1968 Hemi Charger with 714 original miles. I encourage all Marvel Comics fans to see this, and I don't wanna give anything away, but before you leave the theater, you might just pee your pants with giddy anticipation...you'll see.
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

Slantback_66

Quote from: CaptMarvel on June 09, 2008, 09:45:46 PM

...I keep hearing rumors of the Captain coming to the big screen...

There is definitely going to be an Avengers movie in 2010 or 2011. It's going to be the original lineup: Cap, Hulk, Thor and Giant-man.

John
1966 Dodge Charger 440