News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

300 miles per gallon and being sold soon. Oh yea!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 04, 2008, 02:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I had sent an email out to family and friends also to show them the link, and one of my friends wrote me back that he just put a 500.00 deposit down for one on their site.  How cool is that?  I like it.  I'm a biker anyway, it's still safer than all the people that run around on bikes or mopeds.

http://www.aptera.com/

There's lots of info on the site like safety

SAFETY

How safe is the Aptera?  What about the body strength? 

With safety being our top priority, we have raised our standard beyond the requirements of a typical passenger car.  Nothing is normal or standard for the Aptera so why should we stick to "normal" safety standards?  For example, the Typ-1 roof is designed to EXCEED rollover strength requirements spelled out in FMVSS(Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) 216 for passenger cars. The doors also far EXCEED mandated strength requirements for passenger cars as does our 45" frontal impact deflection and crumple zone.  We decided not just to meet many of the requirements for passenger cars, but we chose to exceed them.  Industry safety standards are very different for passenger cars and motorcycles; we are choosing to go well beyond the industry safety standard for passenger cars so Aptera drivers can feel safe in any driving situation.

What are some of the safety features unique to the Aptera?

The Aptera's composite safety cage is similar to Formula-1 cars.  Our "Eyes Forward" vision system allows for 180 degree rear sight.  There is a display panel in the driver's field of view which enhances situational awareness allowing you to keep your eyes on the road.  The over-sized LED turn indicators located on the rear and side of the vehicle are easy for other drivers to see, adding greatly to the night and day visibility of the Aptera.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.