News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new 69 charger won best of show at the mopar spring roundup

Started by daytonakid, June 05, 2008, 10:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonakid

I started feeling lousy Sat after we got up there. I decided to tough it out but had to leave 1/2 hour before trophies. I got a phone call Sunday after we got home to portland my new charger was judged best of show. Fortunately one of my car club members accepted the trophy and brought to to me. Its a beauty. The last 3 years building this car now seems worth it. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

CHRGR SE

Congratulations  :2thumbs: Nothing like having your over-the-top efforts recognized.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

royt440

8WHEELER

I wish we could have talked, I think that might have been the nicest 69 I have ever seen, congrats
well earned   :cheers:  at least it did not rain on our show.............

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

jdiesel33

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

hemi68charger

Congrad's.......... Looks like twins there with different shoes..........  Beauties.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69*F5*SE

jeryst

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

PocketThunder

Excellent work!   :2thumbs:

Do you drive the car up on those little ramps or jack it up and slide them in?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

472 R/T SE

Was there ever any doubt?   ;)

You should have seen Jimmy, Bill.  When they announced b body stock and Mark took 2nd, Jimmy got up from his chair and was heading to the podium.  It was classic, wish I would have video taped it.  We figured it had to about kill him to have to go load up his Master's 'cuda and miss out on picking up your Best of Show.  We told Mark he's gonna have a long summer.  He said he's gonna have to show the Dart the rest of the year.  :D

Pix from John Luff.

472 R/T SE

Dan, you were less than 5 feet from him here.  You can see the back of your chair and you on the left of this pic.  Bill was up under the tree trying to stay warm and looking all pale.

I should have said something.

Chatt69chgr

Beautiful car.  Could you possibly post some engine compartment photos.  It will help me with my RT clone.  Thanks.

Charger_Fan

This must be the XXX show that someone posted a link to in the Aero section, yes? Some of the background cars look familiar.
Great looking pair of bookends, congrats on scoring top honors! :cheers:  That's a bummer about being sick. :(

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

daytonakid

I'm still not back to 100%. I don't think I can remember being that sick. I jack it up to put it on the stands. I tried driving my superbird clone up on them when I got them and it shoved one of them out of the garage and up the drive way. They are like all ramps they want to slide. But I can drive down off them.    Thanks for the nice words. There were many times I didn't think I'd ever finish it. With all the cars we have to do at the shop the bosses always come last. But one of my techs and I spent the last 6 or so months working every spare moment at my house putting it back together. I'll try to post some engine compartment pics and if there is something I don't have a freind has a website of his 69 coronet convert he restored that will help also. Bill

daytonakid

Here's a couple more pics. Bill

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 06, 2008, 10:53:56 PM
why are the tires on chocks?  :shruggy:
To get the car a little higher off the ground. It's easier for people (and judges) to see under the car that way. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

duo-stripe

i really like all the detailing done to the car! looks super.
Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

Chatt69chgr

Thanks for the engine compartment pictures.  Much appreciated.