News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 500 $2500.00?

Started by dads_69, June 05, 2008, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Anybody know the car? It was at a car show in Washington recently. Guess the guys brother pissed him off as the sign reads. Car is about mid page on page 2.
www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=37860
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

mikepmcs

Kind of strange he could get the car on a trailer from his brother and take it to wherever.

They do that stuff here as well.  The new thing is to post in the local trade mag(uncle henry's) and put some nice car or whatever in there with someone's phone number(that you don't like or want to screw with) for a ridiculously low price just to annoy the person. :rotz:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nascarxx29

This charger 500 is the reason NOT to piss off your brother. he may take your car to a carshow and post your phone number with a very low price lol.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

dads_69

Yeah, it is rather odd, but if it was true, I would have bought that car in a heart beat. Bummer part is, I'm 3000 miles away, or you'd see me in the most recent photo w/it!  :D
It just goes to show, that there are still deals to be had out there!  :o

nascarxx29

I see the A-pillar .Also seats have no head rests.And also selling a 06
hergfest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling my 2006 Charger R/T Hemi. Car has Navigation, heated seats, rear spoiler, dual zone climate control, Satellite radio (still has almost a year left on the subscription), factory MOPAR Ipod connector in the glove box (song titles show on Nav screen), homelink garage door transmitter, bluetooth, and even a rear DVD player! It also has the "Road and Track" package which gives you suede and leather seats, 10 more horsepower over stock, load leveling suspension, better tires, and blackout on the inside of the rims. If you are familiar with Chargers, it is the Daytona package without the decals and color. Don't buy a stripped down version, this car has every option but a sunroof. 22.5k miles, still under warranty! Reduced to $24900 OBO, make me an offer. {{Call Gary at 206-849-2492 }}
Here is a link to the craigslist ad with pics:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/550414344.html

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Quote from: nascarxx29 on June 05, 2008, 06:36:08 PM
I see the A-pillar .Also seats have no head rests.And also selling a 06
hergfest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling my 2006 Charger R/T Hemi. Car has Navigation, heated seats, rear spoiler, dual zone climate control, Satellite radio (still has almost a year left on the subscription), factory MOPAR Ipod connector in the glove box (song titles show on Nav screen), homelink garage door transmitter, bluetooth, and even a rear DVD player! It also has the "Road and Track" package which gives you suede and leather seats, 10 more horsepower over stock, load leveling suspension, better tires, and blackout on the inside of the rims. If you are familiar with Chargers, it is the Daytona package without the decals and color. Don't buy a stripped down version, this car has every option but a sunroof. 22.5k miles, still under warranty! Reduced to $24900 OBO, make me an offer. {{Call Gary at 206-849-2492 }}
Here is a link to the craigslist ad with pics:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/550414344.html

That ain't no C500..........   :scope:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RAC95054

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 05, 2008, 07:19:10 PM
[That ain't no C500..........   :scope:

Do you mean it's a clone?  And I assume the price is a hoax (to get people to call the number listed to bug someone else).  Right??   :shruggy:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemi68charger

Quote from: RAC95054 on June 05, 2008, 07:20:50 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 05, 2008, 07:19:10 PM
[That ain't no C500..........   :scope:

Do you mean it's a clone?  And I assume the price is a hoax (to get people to call the number listed to bug someone else).  Right??   :shruggy:

Russ..
I was referring to the picture of the blue car with the "for sale" sign on it.... The roof line doesn't look like Charger and the driver's door doesn't have the upper door bolsters.. I think that's a '68 or '69 A-body............. 

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

HKCharger

so who called gary? what did he say?

Troy

Did you guys follow the link? It sure looks like a Charger 500 to me (window plug and all). :shruggy:

Swiping a pic...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

However, I'd probably guess that someone was playing a prank (take a look at the engine). At MoparFest 2 years ago I remember someone attaching a "Trade for Camaro" sign on someone else's car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Troy on June 05, 2008, 08:09:42 PM
However, I'd probably guess that someone was playing a prank (take a look at the engine). At MoparFest 2 years ago I remember someone attaching a "Trade for Camaro" sign on someone else's car.

Troy

Dang it.......... One Troy corrects another..........  :icon_smile_big:

You're right............................. after zooming in, I can see the center contour crease on the bolster now............

Troy
Troy

69_500

Its a REAL 500 too. And not only that, but is a real Charger 500 SE. How many B5 blue, with blue interior, SE charger 500's have you guys seen? This would be the second that I know of. 

side note, it is NOT FOR SALE for that price.

dads_69

So anyone have documentation on the car such as what number it is? Prank or not, its good to see it in the condition that it is in. Surely a member on line here knows something about in Washington.

69_500

I DO :) I know what car it is.

69charger2002

$2500 obo.. what would be funny is calling the number and actually offering a best offr.. say $1500?? gotta negotiate even on good deals right???   :smilielol:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

petercharger

best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

petercharger

car was at the Seattle car show last week. they just bought the car for 45k..with the pictures etc..funny no lawyer was there..someone could have had a nice 500...in todays world anything could happen..thanks peter :yesnod: :angel: :flame:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dads_69

Quote from: petercharger on June 06, 2008, 11:31:57 AM
car was at the Seattle car show last week. they just bought the car for 45k..with the pictures etc..funny no lawyer was there..someone could have had a nice 500...in todays world anything could happen..thanks peter :yesnod: :angel: :flame:

Is this the charger that was for sale in Vancouver recently? I heard somebody from Montana or Idaho bought it.

petercharger

no that montana charger is green and the car will be in vancouver wash. in about 2 weeks..will take pictures of it..it belongs to a distant friend..thanks :Twocents:

Charger_Fan

Man, there's a LOT of sweet looking Mopes at that show!
The photographer seemed to be stalking this chick for a bit, bit I had to LOL at the size of this trailer ball! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

C_stripes

Quote from: 69_500 on June 05, 2008, 09:20:59 PM
I DO :) I know what car it is.

Just so you know.  That is the same car I told you about aile ago.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69_500

I remember you saying something about a 500, but couldn't remember which one.

472 R/T SE

A long time ago on the old board there was a dude with I think a '69 Charger, dark blue in color.  Anyhow he posted a pic of that car outside of a body shop but wouldn't tell anyone where.  There was a Jack in the Box across the street so I got to searching all body shops in that area and wrote down all the addresses.  Then compared those addys up against all the Jack in the Box in the area and found it.
I called the place and they laughed at what I went thru.  At the time the car could have been bought for like $12k w/o the drivetrain.  He mentioned a motor that had about $20k in it and that looks like the current motor.  I couldn't convince my wife how cool it'd be to have two non vinyl top all blue cars to pull into shows with, his and hers.  I had a trailer lined up and my buddy was willing to take time off work to ride shotgun.

I could just never convince my wife.  :brickwall:  It was one of those cars that I still kick myself for not pursuing.

I had heard my buddies talking about the car Sunday but they never said it was all blue and that it was an SE.  I could have put 2 + 2 together.
I didn't realize it was the car until my buddy sent me these pix.  I was there and didn't even know it.  :slap: