News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dont you hate liars!!!!

Started by lilwendal, February 25, 2008, 10:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

After a couple of months getting used to the situation of beeing screewed on the charger purchase it was today the day to pick it up in the port here in Belgium.
Guess if I was really loosing the good spirit I had build up again when I got to see the car, looks like they drove a bulldozer into the right front fender at the shippers place in Miami.
Now I guess they don't repop the fenders for -70 charger yet so I will try the ads on different places to find one. Anybody now about one,please let me know.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

moparstuart

that sucks  ripped off twice 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

dpm68

QuoteThats looks fixable to me.
:iagree:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on February 28, 2008, 03:18:45 PM
You guys havent seen nothing. I was un-familiar with mopars when I bought my charger on ebay. If I showed you the pictures of the $18,000 car I bought under the bondo you would throw up. The car had 80 lbs of bondo. There was a INCH of bondo on the entire rear quaters. It was said to be running. The pictures showed a 383. When I got the car the motor was GONE. The guy also stripped TONS of parts off the car after the auction. There was ONE lugnut holding each wheel on the car. The paint was the only thing new. The seller was a GOOD scammer. He knew how to take pictures of all the right areas from FAR away. The hedliner had a gallon of bondo in it, from when they covered the roof rust holes.. The floors were all fiberglass and pop-rivet patches. Then the underneath, floors and trunk rust holes were coated in truck bead coating. The "driver" quality restoration also included 4 flat tires. They were not the same rims and tires on the car in the auction.. They were from a buick. Ebay would not even respond to my emails about this. Finally after nearly 3 months I got somewhere with ebay, but it went over 90 days and they told me there is nothing they can do after 90 days. Beware of SCUMBAGS who bondo up and paint junkyard wrecks and flip them for profit. They ONLY SELL cars on ebay, because 90% of people on ebay dont inspect the car in person, so they deceive you with pictures of the areas they want to show you.
That purple piece of shit is a dead giveaway its a junker painted up.. The overspray in the trunk lights, tranny dipstick tube is purple, engine rattle can orange, there is hacked metal on the inner wheelhouse, heater hoses by-passed, the rims belong on a caddy.. But for a newbie buyer they dont notice these things. These are the people these scamers target. I was one of them a few years ago.. I just parted my car out and lost $14,000
That really, really sucks.  I can't believe that happened.  Bummer big time.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HKCharger

wow i just read this thread and am freakin pissed! I cant believe you were swindled like that! Where does the seller live so others might avoid this piece of trash!

loudmouthaussie

sucks dude! chances are your man that sold you the car fucked up the fender out of spite from what ive just read.

im from australia and similar happened to me on a 64 impala. "needs detail and could be shown" yeah right! piece of shit. and guy had 98% feedback.

on the plus side i traded it on my 70 charger which i never would have forked out for if it was ALL cash!  :2thumbs:

to me its either go over there and see it in person and spend all that cash on accom. & plane tickets etc (and even then you may not find the car you want).

or buy it off an importer like i did and pay over the odds.

mine is a matching numbers 70 with 383/727 auto burnt orange in & out pretty much what you were after but i paid double 23K + but i have something good that i got to see with own eyes before handin over cash. my 2 cents anyway.

good luck mate 

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

lilwendal

Seller did not damage the car.. It was shipped to me in Orlando and I delivered it to Miami for Per and the car was not damaged when they took possesion.  That was one of the positive things about the car.  It looked pretty good as a 10 footer.
They damaged his GTX as well.  Right fender I believe.

loudmouthaussie

wow that sucks. how careless  :flame:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Belgium R/T -68

I don't know the culture here but I would like to warn everybody who is considering shipping a car to Europe about this company in Miami. As Mike said the -69 GTX vert
came with a smashed left fender and with the -69 300 vert they lost the title.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

472 R/T SE

I imagine Mike got paperwork signed that he delivered the cars w/o any dents.  I'd be using that to sue for damages.  :shruggy:

Although you folks very well aren't as sue happy as us Yanks are.  ;)

69*F5*SE

Talk about taking it up the hoot with some 80 grit.   :rotz:  What a shame.