News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice fast.........

Started by viper r/t, June 04, 2008, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper r/t

How bad does state issue VIN's hurt the resale of a charger?
HELP :eek2:

Fitz73Chrgr

I'm sure it would affect it somewhat. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Charger_Fan

Depends on how close to "original" you're trying to pass the Charger off as. If it's not close to stock anymore, I wouldn't think it would matter a whole lot...but some buyers will think differently in that regard.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blown70

To me not as much as I just would like a nice clean car and am not SO tied up to numbers this that and the other.

But overall in the market I bet 10 maybe even 20% less.

Mike DC

Depends greatly on the car and how you're building it. 

If you're trying to keep the car as a restored vintage Dodge Charger in generally unmodified stock shape, then it would hurt some.  If you're just doing a restomod project then a lot of buyers wouldn't care one bit. 

Ghoste

And what kind of Charger it is.  I think it would affect a 318 automatic car a lot less than a four speed Hemi Daytona.

viper r/t

Well, it's a '69, non original 440. It's far from stock so I guess I should be OK lol Oh it's triple black also  :coolgleamA:

PocketThunder

Quote from: viper r/t on June 05, 2008, 09:53:05 AM
Well, it's a '69, non original 440. It's far from stock so I guess I should be OK lol Oh it's triple black also  :coolgleamA:

R/T?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

viper r/t

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 05, 2008, 09:56:45 AM
Quote from: viper r/t on June 05, 2008, 09:53:05 AM

R/T?

Nope

DodgeChargerNeeded

I was looking at a really nice 69 Roadrunner at a show recently that was for sale and I got to looking at the VIN and it was state issued and it kinda put a damper on my interest because you have to think ahead to if you ever want to resell it how much will it hurt you.
Jeff

Charger_Fan

You should just end the suspense & show us some pics. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I say the car should be purchased and enjoyed and leave the worrying about resale values, investment potentials, and B-J inspired price guide quotes to the big wallet crowd who dwell on such details.

viper r/t

Well, should have pics. in a day or so  :icon_smile_cool:

TruckDriver

A state issued VIN? That's a new one to me. Wisconsin must not do that one :shruggy:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Back N Black

Quote from: Ghoste on June 05, 2008, 06:47:43 PM
I say the car should be purchased and enjoyed and leave the worrying about resale values, investment potentials, and B-J inspired price guide quotes to the big wallet crowd who dwell on such details.

:yesnod: