News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this a good car?

Started by Allocer, June 05, 2008, 06:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allocer

i want to buy a 73 charger but when i asked people about it they said it was priced to high and has a bad motor. i would like to know what you guys think, heres the car...

1973 DODGE CHARGER SE, 133000 km, 400 auto, #s matching, factory A/C, buckets, Rally red, black vinyl roof, black leather interior, very solid and complete project car, int panels, console, grilles, mirrors etc, in exc condition, impossible find, complete with fendertag, $4000.

Charger-Bodie

Is that 4000 US dollars?? Or?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hutch

Quote from: Allocer on June 05, 2008, 06:52:10 AM
i want to buy a 73 charger but when i asked people about it they said it was priced to high and has a bad motor. i would like to know what you guys think, heres the car...

1973 DODGE CHARGER SE, 133000 km, 400 auto, #s matching, factory A/C, buckets, Rally red, black vinyl roof, black leather interior, very solid and complete project car, int panels, console, grilles, mirrors etc, in exc condition, impossible find, complete with fendertag, $4000.

If you are living in the EU and buying a car with US dollars I think you are getting a heck of a deal for $4000 but you could talk him down a bit I would think.   US Dollar is very weak right now so buying with ERUOs is pretty strong.  In ERUOS 4K is more like 3K
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Charger_Fan

They're probably meaning the 400 engine isn't a high horsepower engine. It's not a bad motor, but it came along when Ma Mopar was dealing with emission regulations, so it's performance was quite lacking.
The 400 is actually one of the better engines to build a semi-inexpensive stroker motor from, that will make a BUNCH of horsepower. :icon_smile_cool:

Welcome aboard! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TK73

Just based on your description it sounds like a HECK of a deal.  Pics, of course, would help   :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

dodgecharger-fan

That doesn't sound too bad, but pictures would help. Of course, don't buy it without having it inspected first - in person or by someone you trust.

As for the 400 motor, sure it's not a 440 or a HEMI, but a lot can be done with a 400. And as long as it isn't worn out or broken, who really cares?

It's not that big of a deal unless you're going racing or have something to prove to someone.. even then, the afore mentioned stroker idea is what a lot of racers do with 400s rather than a 440.

Allocer

its $4000 Canadian, and hes emailing pics to me so ill have some soon.

TruckDriver

Welcome to the forum! If it is decent shape, it is a good deal :yesnod:

I own a all third gen Charger site (link below). Check it out to get some more opinions there too ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Allocer

dodgecharger-fan

trader won't let you link, but I found the listing.

Alberta car - could be a good thing - no salt on the roads.
Definitely worth looking in to this car, it looks like it could use paint, but it doesn't look like it NEEDs paint. Of course, that depends on what you want the car to be.

Fitz73Chrgr

I wouldn't pay $4k.  I'd say more like $2k with the market right now.  I realize it is a big block car, but its still just a 73 SE.   :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541