News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone using a TAG (or other) weather station ?

Started by R2, July 22, 2008, 08:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

Anyone using a weather station for their "race" car,,,curious what you guys are using,,,and how you like it............. :cheers:

aifilaw

I'm really confused?
I have a full trunking scanner (wish I had a digital scanner to pick up the TX highway patrol) in my race car.
But I rarely listen to the weather frequencies... mostly air traffic and police.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

R2

Aifilaw,,,,,,,,,
lol,,,,not the weather staions on the radio,,,but a weather station that predicts ET at the track when you are racing.... I have a system now,,,that is pretty cool.....
you put in the temp, humidity, barom press,,,,and your info from your time slips,,,,and it stores all of the info...............THEN,,,,,,
as the weather conditions change,,,,and you want to "predict" what your car will run,,,,,you put in the current weather info,,,,and the computer will "predict" the ET the car should run,,,in that particular weather..........its pretty cool.....and accurate.........
I was able to win some money racing the other week,,,,and my weather station was a big help.................
I dont have a TAG (brand of weather station),,,,,but was curious if anyone else was using one.........
I put a picture of a TAG.....

aifilaw

crazy stuff, I have a calculator I use on the computer for it, didn't know anyone had made a handheld
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

suntech

Have a Digatron one, and one i cant remember brand on, that i can hang up on trailer wall (digital)
Used them when i raced boats, and i guess they will come in handy later :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

mikepmcs

Wow, and we just put our finger in the air at the track on saturdays.   We suck. :slap:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?