News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 with flat hood and Ebody shaker.....

Started by dkn1997, June 02, 2008, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

got this off a thread over at moparts.  I have been begging to see a 2nd gen with a totally flat hood..now....not so much....maybe a flat hood with airgrabber, a la 70 roadrunner and such...
RECHRGED

jaak

I sorta like the looks of a shaker on a Charger.

Jason

HKCharger

UFO

I like it.
I think if the center splitter was left on it would be better.A set of hood pins as well to break up the flat surface.

moparstuart

I also like it , nice to see something different   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Delete my profile

dkn1997

Quote from: UFO on June 02, 2008, 07:31:17 PM
I like it.
I think if the center splitter was left on it would better.A set of hood pins as well to break up the flat surface.

I like the hood pins idea.
ok, where is the photochop guy?  I would love to see variations on this.......it's a concept that I love, but now that i see it, I don't really like it that much....but I think I could love it with some tweeking...

give us a flat hood with an airgrabber!!!!  like this one!!!
RECHRGED

terrible one

Ehh I like the shaker but the flat hood just doesn't work in my opinion. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing the correct one.

Neal_J

I saw that car at the Mopar Alley show yesterday in Fremont, CA.  Pretty cool.

Neal

konigcharger

it would look kinda like this:  :icon_smile_cool:

this is kab69440's car :2thumbs:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

konigcharger

a few more

i like this way more than the shaker :Twocents:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

dkn1997

Quote from: konigcharger on June 02, 2008, 10:22:47 PM
it would look kinda like this:  :icon_smile_cool:

If someone produced that with an air grabber, I'd buy it in two seconds
RECHRGED

BlaineKaiser450

i think with some hoodpins, that would look sick
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

kab69440

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 02, 2008, 10:53:05 PM
Quote from: konigcharger on June 02, 2008, 10:22:47 PM

If someone produced that with an air grabber, I'd buy it in two seconds

Send me another Runner hood, a repop Air Grabber assembly  and 1,500 dollars. You shall have your wish in a few weeks. The 68 hood I'd use for the conversion is already drilled for hoodpins.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

could you do it on a 70 charger hood ? to fit on a daytona ?

kab69440

Quote from: moparstuart on June 03, 2008, 08:31:01 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only 70 hood I have in my posession is a bit weak in the latch area though. Hood pins would be a must. I thought someone had posted a pic of a 70 Charger with one of those power bulges shortly after I did mine? I thought I was being so original, I was pretty bummed to see it. It just goes to show, there's nothing new under the sun.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

69*F5*SE

Now that's something you don't see every day.  :-\

moparstuart

Quote from: kab69440 on June 03, 2008, 11:42:49 AM

interesting  I may have you do that

I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only 70 hood I have in my posession is a bit weak in the latch area though. Hood pins would be a must. I thought someone had posted a pic of a 70 Charger with one of those power bulges shortly after I did mine? I thought I was being so original, I was pretty bummed to see it. It just goes to show, there's nothing new under the sun.

bakerhillpins

I like the shaker and the flat hood, pins would be a good addition.  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Not so much on the air grabber or the air grabber on the 70 charger hood. :-\
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger_Fan

This is/was advertised in our for sale area. 7th General is the member.

But this is still my favorite non-stock hood on a Charger, the guy said it's all steel, too. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

IowaCharger69

I really really like the various flat hoods. I kind if wish I hadnt just bought my brand new AMD hood now. Maybe I can find a cheap RR hood that doesn't look to good...HINT HINT ...to anyone selling one.

kab69440

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on June 03, 2008, 07:21:45 PM
I really really like the various flat hoods. I kind if wish I hadnt just bought my brand new AMD hood now. Maybe I can find a cheap RR hood that doesn't look to good...HINT HINT ...to anyone selling one.

Good luck with that. I paid $150 for that P.O.S. I cut up to stitch into my car and then drove seven hours one-way to pick it up.  It had a major hit at the front to the right of the center, torched-in rear hoodpin holes, and severe warping and pitting at the top center of the bulge where it had evidently covered a major engine fire.  The underframe was so rotten, I quite literally just grabbed one corner and separated 80% of it from the skin. Lots of hours of heat, ice-shrinking and dolly work went into that skin before I could even start with the grafting process. And let's not forget, the Runner skin is over 5 inches shorter than a Charger skin. There is no easy way to get it done. I don't recommend this modification, it's a total P.I.T.A. Here's what it looks like all cobbled together and the stitching is roughly half complete.

WANT TO BUY:

Thank you,    Kenny

BROCK

I'd still want the reverse scallops (stock hood) but I think the Coronet scoop would still look just
right on top of it - especially on a Daytona  :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

moparstuart

I love my birdables air grabber I think my daytona clone should get one also