News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would happen if your Charger was stock and 2006 pulled up next to you?

Started by cudaken, October 16, 2005, 12:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

With all the bashing on the new 2006 Charger just think you guys need to reflect a little. What would happen if your Mopar was pure stock, hood never open no super tune, stock tires. What would are Charger do better than the 2006?

Well, looks that is a given. But what about the rest?

1 0-60 MPH

2 Quater Mile ET's

3 MPG

4 Road Cores

5 Better Ride

6 Hold More People with Comfort

7 More Trunk Room

Personely, I think only the Hemi's, and 440 R/T would beat them in 1 and 2 98% of the time, 383 and 400 HP 75% of the time. 383 2 barrel, 318's, no reason to get them of the trailer. 3 thru 7, well we all need to shut up.

When you really get right down to it, only thing are Charger's do better than 2006's 100% of the time.
1 Sit, and look cool.

2 Rust.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlackDodge

I hope after 36 years of technology the newer car would beat the older ones..................but hey, just about any performance sedan can beat my lil ole 318'er.........................I guess it's useless then, eh? ::) I gurrantee when a '06 pulls up next to an older Charger, it's the '06 driver  thats looking out the side glass.

I don't car about street/track racing with my car, thats not why I have it. I enjoy it for what it is. ;D

BBD

Chargen69

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on October 16, 2005, 12:27:19 PM
...I gurrantee when a '06 pulls up next to an older Charger, it's the '06 driver   thats looking out the side glass.

I second that 200%      :iagree: :2thumbs: :drive:

bull

Doc74

I gurrantee when a '06 pulls up next to an older Charger, it's the '06 driver thats looking out the side glass.

I don't car about street/track racing with my car, thats not why I have it. I enjoy it for what it is. ;D

BBD

Couldn't have said it better.
Besides if you want a reliable, fast, good looking car....don't buy a Dodge.
My 36 year old charger is my absolute dreamcar (after resto anyway) and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I sure hope the 06 is a better ride, it has to have something going for it, looks won't sell that thing.
Oh and for the price of that 06 R/T...? I'll pump it into the '69, then let's see who's smoking who  :D

70charginglizard

Quote from: cudaken on October 16, 2005, 12:06:01 PM
With all the bashing on the new 2006 Charger just think you guys need to reflect a little. What would happen if your Mopar was pure stock, hood never open no super tune, stock tires. What would are Charger do better than the 2006?

1 0-60 MPH

2 Quater Mile ET's

3 MPG

4 Road Cores

5 Better Ride

7 More Trunk Room

Personely, I think only the Hemi's, and 440 R/T would beat them in 1 and 2 98% of the time, 383 and 400 HP 75% of the time. 383 2 barrel, 318's, no reason to get them of the trailer. 3 thru 7, well we all need to shut up.

When you really get right down to it, only thing are Charger's do better than 2006's 100% of the time.
1 Sit, and look cool.

2 Rust.

Cuda Ken

It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Whats your point except for maybe the fact that ours look cool and theres dont.

or maybe the point is that were driving our dream and there still wishing for there's.

Thats what I read into this.
70charginglizard

cudaken

70charginglizard, in a round about way you got my point. Yes some of us have there dream car (Well Mine is a Bad dream right now) but most settle for as close's as we can get.

Most of us will never have are dream car, mine would be a Hemi Daytona but not likely. If there's 2006 Charger is there dream car why make fun of them? But if it just a stepping stone, we need to excpet them for what they have. I have never made fun of someone with a 318 car. So wht make fun of a 2006?

Cuda Ken

I am back

Silver R/T

Quote from: cudaken on October 16, 2005, 12:06:01 PM

1 0-60 MPH

2 Quater Mile ET's

3 MPG

4 Road Cores

5 Better Ride

7 More Trunk Room

1 Sit, and look cool.

2 Rust.

Cuda Ken

thats right yo, just sell your rusty pos and buy civic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blakcharger440

I guarantee you that the three things the new "charger" will do better than our old Chargers is..

1) Sit and look ugly
2) Depreciate faster than a Rosie Odonnell brothel
3) Fall apart quicker than a house of cards on
    a shaker hooded 426CUDA     :yesnod:

Our cars are still around after all these years and people want em and want to restore them. Can the same be said of the new "charger"....only time will tell....but I wouldnt bet my Charger on it though  :icon_smile_big:

nh_mopar_fan

89MOPAR

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on October 16, 2005, 03:18:18 PM

3) Fall apart quicker than a house of cards on
     a shaker hooded 426CUDA        :yesnod:

I should hope they don't fall apart quickly.  7 year/ 70,000 mile warranty  will be costing alot of money for Daimler-Chrysler if that is the case.
  I know they haven't had to spend any extra money on warranty issues with my '03 truck with 44,000 miles on it.
So far I have had NO negative issues with it.  And lots of positive ones.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

ChargerRob

My 69 might not be as fast, but in the cool department, it kicks the 06's a$$. :icon_smile_wink:

P.S.  I have a neighbor who has a new 06 Charger, but it's mine that draws the attention when they're both parked outside.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

ChargerBill

What would happen if your Charger was stock and 2006 pulled up next to you?

Laughter from surrounding cars and onlookers would ensue once people saw the 2 cars together and realized that the '06 Creeder driver actually thinks he's driving a REAL Charger....

THAT is what would happen.
Life is a highway...

67RedCharger

"Ole Red" ain't stock being a 383 4BBL with a Comp Cam, but other than that, I will take on any Hemi 06 Charger that is stock and let him read my license plate for laughs.  When I get to the 'puter kick in of the governor speed for the 06, I'll keep on moaning the 4BBL and buryng the speedo at the 150 MPH mark.  Been thar, Done that!

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

not to stir the pot, I normally do NOT involve myself in the 06 conversation.

But I win in the wieght to HP ratio.

and I have actually seen this senerio played out. I was at a stop light, The 06 driver was checking out MY car. beeped his horn and gave me a thumbs up. I just smiled.

I don't street race. But on a track. I believe i'd take it. 5.7 or not.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

Three times now i've pulled up along side '06 sedans with my lill beastie,.. I've allready recounted in threads how those encounters unfolded...
I went to a Dodge dealer today and checked out the LX inventory,... I looked em all over but couldn't really get enthused... I still prefer my '99 300 M cause of it's style and features,..  In a couple years, i will be in the market for a "newer" daily driver and perhaps I'll concider one then, after all, they do offer a V-8 and rear wheel drive and by then maybe a Challenger will be offered and perhaps it wont look like a Checker Cab...
see, I can understand the marketing thing Re: the name, and the four-door sales numbers vs a two door, and the offset saftey tests all of which provide a safer more useful and  more marketable car, but taken togeather they delute enthusiasm I feel for the LX platform... P.S. Did I mention i dont like the interior...
  I would have gone for the '99 concept with it's swoopier and sportier intention...  :eyes:
  oh well, no sale...

bull

I saw two '06s run at a drag strip last summer. The best time either of them could muster was 14.6 IIRC. Don't remember the exact number but it was mid to high 14s. That was the best run. Most of the day they were at 15+ sec. and a couple 16s That's not horrible for a stocker but I kind of expected more. I also read and article in one of the magazines last summer that compared the "Charger" with the new Mustang and the GTO and the "Charger" was the slowest of the three.

Slow or fast, speed has never been the issue with me. It's always been the looks and the door number. Also it's the fact that they just decided to pick and choose what parts of the legacy they wanted to whore out and left the rest behind. The used the nameplate and the words R/T and Daytona as nothing but marketing tools and then did what they wanted with the rest. Would any of you '06 defenders tell Mustang, GTO, Camaro, Chevelle, Firebird, Challenger and Cuda fans to shut up and quit whining if they came out with a four-door version of one of those cars?

hotrod98

If the car is so great, why did they have to put the charger name on it just to sell it? 
Lets' face it...it's just another cookie cutter car from Germany. The charger name is the only thing that it has going for it. Why can't you guys see that?   ???
The Dodge company that we all knew and loved is dead...period, just like Plymouth.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Afflyer

BBD
:iagree:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

chargervert

Car and Driver,did a bullet relived story,and they said the new Charger, was faster than the 68 440 R/T that was in the movie,but I'm not worried because I have a 472 crate Hemi in my Charger!I got two words for them,HEM MEEE!

48chebbie

the new chargers do just about everything better than our old chargers.....except one.....
DRAW A CROWD. nuff said.
how'd i do that!?!?!?

TheGhost

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 16, 2005, 08:12:03 PMThe charger name is the only thing that it has going for it. Why can't you guys see that?

Not to mention the 425 hp 6.1, the 300-something hp 5.7, the fact that there are no other 4 door sedans of this quality anywhere NEAR it's price range, the fact that it makes a superior pursuit car than the Crown Vics....

:eyes:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RD

Quote from: Ghost on October 16, 2005, 11:16:03 PM
Not to mention the 425 hp 6.1, the 300-something hp 5.7, the fact that there are no other 4 door sedans of this quality anywhere NEAR it's price range, the fact that it makes a superior pursuit car than the Crown Vics....
:eyes:

wow... now that is a legacy I want my charger's name to be associated with.  IT'S A MORE SUPERIOR PURSUIT CAR THAN A CROWN VIC!  Gee.... the 85 diploma/ fury was about the same quality as a crown vic.

I have test driven a new 06 coronet and they are decent cars for what they are.  The interior is completely generic and if it wasnt for the fake wood in the 300M, you would have never known the difference between the coronet, the magnum and the 300M sittin in the driver seat.

I think what the mostly younger generation of this board is not understanding is that Dodge Charger is not just a car.  It is not just two doors.  It is not just a potent powerplant.  It is the mystique of Dodge Charger.  The whole package.  When people said you were bringing a Dodge Charger to the street race, people would be like "oh sheit".  I know, I have witnessed it.  The Dodge Charger brings about a aura of intimidation.  NASCAR, Hollywood, and others key on this aura when it comes to promotion, as well as DCX.  If you were born in the mid to late 80's or 90's for that matter, you just do not understand.  And because of this, I will not explain it to you.  It is something you have to figure out on your own.

Dodge Charger is history, as history is Dodge Charger.  They are synonymous, and with history comes myth, legend and mystique.  The 06 will not carry this, because it is not of the same bloodlines.  Heritage comes into play a lot when it comes to vehicles, especially in the U.S.  That is why you hear so much of the Ford Mustang and how they went back to their roots.

No bloodlines, no respect.

And to the cudaken's original question:

I wouldnt think twice about the box on wheels next to me.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

300 C! 300 C! 300C!                                                                                                                            :rotz:
Dammit DO NOT DRAG MY 300 Ms name through the damn MUD! Mister! GOT IT!?... sheeeze,..  some peepole!