News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would happen if your Charger was stock and 2006 pulled up next to you?

Started by cudaken, October 16, 2005, 12:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

Quote from: Chuck_Norris(TM) on March 18, 2006, 04:04:41 PM
the srt8 is supposed to be in the high 12's I got  mag with the 5.7 that says it runs 13's ill find it...

That show on speed with the Canucks ran a 14.5 with an RT and a 13.59 with a SRT, so there's a lot of wiggle room between your numbers and theirs.   Either way, who cares how fast they are stock vs. stock?  It's real easy to hot rod either car, but it's real hard to get rid of ugly... 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

HOTRODBAKER

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

myk

Making any kind of remark or showing off would be pointless.  People who drive new Chargers have no idea what an old one is or what it's all about.  As you peeled away laughing, or whatever, that new Charger driver's thinking "What the heck was his problem?"
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

FastbackJon

I actually like my nostalgic old Charger, simple to work on, with the cable operated carburetor that is directly connected to the gas pedal, where I actually feel like I'm in control of the car. Not like some new car with no chrome (well maybe some chrome plated plastic) and fake cheesy plastic everywhere and where I feel like the computer is the driver and I'm just giving it suggestions on what to do.

Old cars rock!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

dodge freak

I just seen a new charger last week on the freeway trying to go fast, what a joke. Sure it might have a ok top end, if you want to wait a mile or so. I am sure it just  the small hemi, maybe the bigger one is better. I sure hope so. It did have dual pipes it back so it was a hemi. Remember these cars are brand new, whats going to happen 3-5 years from now. If they are like all the other new cars its going to be slower yet. Thats  whats great about the old cars, once you put headers, a holley carb, a good spark box, ect. they don't seem to slow down. My car is just as quick as it was last year. If anything the cam starts to go and needs a new one. If they made the cams better even that won't happen as much. I think the fuel pump loses some perssure and then the F. I. does not give enough gas. Carbs. don't have that problem, at least for the first few seconds.  And the cats. don't flow as good after 30,000 miles or so. I guess all that could be change but it is not cheap. I could rebuild my whole engine for how much a new exhaust , fuel pump and F.I. would cost. And the the engine can't even be bored out .020 -.030. I seen on the corvette engine its .005 max.  over bore. Like I said what a joke.

torque

il just rev my engine and let him know who has more raw balls  :icon_smile_cool: . hel know what to do next lol

Creeder#1

I'll just give you a thumbs up and keep a steppin if you're cool. :icon_smile_cool:.... I you're one of the sore heads that can't get over the four doors, I'll just ignore you and let you stew in your anger with the rest of the....to use your term "lemmings"...
2006 Silver SRT8 Charger & General Pershing Zephyr: Named "Silver Charger" after Pershing's horse.

typhoon4x4

HI there everyone just picked up a new charger daytona rt limited edition in yellow . I cant help at being a little confused about somethings.If we are comparing charger against charger,THE NOTION IS NON SENSE ,yes i did pull up along side an older charger (it was parked no one in it ) and i stoped and looked ,of course i would ,had it been a ferrari i would have stopped as well.The point that needs to be made is that when you buy one of these newer cars you going back to the old school days of people looking at your ride when you go down the street.basicly enjoying the ride the music the wind(women of course too ;D)its all about the attitude you project and a nostalgic respect for the cars of the past future and present.I love my car (actually all cars with exception to foreigns) and i may have 340 hp(not for much longer break in period itll propably get to around 400),and although i will look at the chargers of the past i will also appreciate any vehicle that provides a man or woman with the love of the road....... :icon_smile_wink:

Chargen69

ya'll know this thread was started last October...   Now if it was the "Chics on Chargers" thread, it would be worth keeping around...

:dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: typhoon4x4 on June 10, 2006, 11:52:06 PM
HI there everyone just picked up a new charger daytona rt limited edition in yellow . I cant help at being a little confused about somethings.If we are comparing charger against charger,THE NOTION IS NON SENSE ,yes i did pull up along side an older charger (it was parked no one in it ) and i stoped and looked ,of course i would ,had it been a ferrari i would have stopped as well.The point that needs to be made is that when you buy one of these newer cars you going back to the old school days of people looking at your ride when you go down the street.basicly enjoying the ride the music the wind(women of course too ;D)its all about the attitude you project and a nostalgic respect for the cars of the past future and present.I love my car (actually all cars with exception to foreigns) and i may have 340 hp(not for much longer break in period itll propably get to around 400),and although i will look at the chargers of the past i will also appreciate any vehicle that provides a man or woman with the love of the road....... :icon_smile_wink:

If the issue is having a nostalgic respect for the cars of the past, they shouldn't have named this 4 door sedan after a legendary muscle car.

Have fun with your car.

dodge freak

I believe some people also loved their new Yugo car when it came out so what can we say?

BigBlackDodge

I love my car (actually all cars with exception to foreigns)

Hemi's made in Mexico.
The body's made in Canada.
Designed by Germans.

So this passes as an American Car to you?

You bought a foreign car buddy. :yesnod:

BBD

Rack

Quote from: DutchMaster on November 11, 2005, 12:46:35 PM
Wow, you guys are really talking a lot of smack about my baby. No need to get rowdy - lol. Most 06 Owners are only looking out their windows at you because we admire the ancestors of our cars. Its funny how you guys that own the older chargers are like old men, not liking anything new because of your "its not how it was in my day" attitudes. '06 Owners are just happy to be part of the family, even tho (and we will admit it) we are a distant relative. Please do not make the mistake of taking the '06 as a standard sedan, because it isnt. Its not a toyota camry.

Bottom line: We can all love our OWN cars more than anyone elses. It just pains me to hear you guys completely TRASHING the new charger - when we just want to admire the older ones. You will not find a single '06 owner talking badly about a 70-ish charger. Modern regulations make it nearly impossible for the new charger to be as nasty as the old ones. Times are changing and so are the cars.

In addition, for anyone to say the new charger is 'fuggly' - I think you're delusional. I hate mustangs, but I can admit its a hot looking ride. The ladies LOVE the car. Just look at that pretty face!!

Sorry, but that car is ugly. It doesn't even remotely resemble a charger. It looks more like a ram charger truck!

And you can't use that "you old guys don't like anything new" line on me cuz 1) I'm not old, and 2) I love the new mustang and I love the way the new concept challenger looks. Not sure if that car is actually gonna go into production, but the concept car is flippin' sweet!

For some reason when I look at the new charger it reminds me of cousin "It". I don't know why, but it does.

QuoteSo it has a HEMI, does that qualify it as a MUSCLE car? I think not.

I agree 100%. IMO, a muscle car is more then just what's under the hood.

But again, that's just my opinion.

CDN72SE

What would happen?  Nothing really.  My '72 currently has a slightly modified 318 in it.  I don't really pay much attention to the 2006 model cause they are all over the place where I live.  I look more at the Charger Police cars because they are a new sight around here (here being the GTA that's Greater Toronto Area, Ontario Canada).  I'm sure most of the Charger drivers own a Charger because it's a nice looking Dodge.  Most don't even know what Chargers look like, (limited to The General Lee).  Would I get smoked in a race yes but that's not important to me.  They could have named it a 'Cuda, they are just using a name that has  history to it.  I'm sure the '06 drivers are doing the looking.
1972 Charger SE

73performance

I Have nothing against old Mopars, but technology wins everytime  :icon_smile_blackeye:
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. unfortunately, they don\\\'t have a J.O.B.

dodge freak

It sure does-Now think how great theses cars could be if the factory could make them like they could back in 1970. Maybe we have 10 sec mini vans running around today. Now I know why the Governments put a stop to it. Nice looking girl friend you have BTW

Ghoste

Technology hasn't been able to duplicate the cool factor yet.  It's either there, or, it ain't.

Rack

Quote from: Ghoste on June 26, 2006, 04:12:31 AM
Technology hasn't been able to dulicate the cool factor yet.  It's either there, or, it ain't.

73performance

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. unfortunately, they don\\\'t have a J.O.B.

Lowprofile

Technology hasn't been able to dulicate the cool factor yet.  It's either there, or, it ain't.

Well, technology has given us the spell checker!   :icon_smile_blackeye: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

Oh!  Good blade.  Fixed now but hey, overall, I will put my spelling up against most and hold my head high. ;)

Shakey

Technology hasn't been able to duplicate the cool factor yet.  It's either there, or, it ain't.

Wouldn't that depend on an individuals taste?

Ghoste

No.  Or at least not in the context in which I intend it.  I would argue that taste is an individual opinion but "cool" in this sense is more of an agreed perception by society at large.
And before someone starts with sales numbers of 06 sedans to prove their worth to society at large, I'm afraid the only indicator of that will be formed over time.  If folks in 30 years are hunting down parts all over the place to restore 06 models, then it will have reached that cool status.
Does that make more sense?

myk

What would happen?  Nothing would happen.  I'd let the other car drive off and be on my way-street drama is immature and unsafe.  Besides most, if not all new-Charger owners have no idea what the classic Charger is anyway...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"