News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need tag & advice for 69 R/T SE resto, XS29L9G203278

Started by Wango Mango, June 02, 2008, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wango Mango

Finishing my 69 R/T SE resto.  Which way should I go?  Originally F8 green w/ matching interior, black vinyl top, stripe delete, auto on column w/ buddy seat. Matching #'s 440, but no fender tag. Galen confirmed VIN & will repop a tag IF I go original color combo.  (If anyone has seen the tag or build sheet, VIN is posted).  Someone had painted it blue before I got it & I painted it B7 w/ original black top.  Only rust was center of trunk & lower quarters which were replaced.   I've got to reblock it to sharpen the body lines which the previous painter didn't do, so I could take it back to F8 green.  The interior has been done in black, so that' stoo late to change to green.  I was thinking of staying w/ B7/black &n stroking the 440 to 505 & giving it a stock look & changing the AC compressor to the newer rotary type.  We also installed the center console mounts, but would rather have the buddy seat & column shift.   How do you think I should  finish this Charger? 

Magnumcharger

As it's no longer original, I would suggest making it the car that you want.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

JimShine

Go with the F8. Its a great color and chances are you will stand out amongst the common red, black, yellow, and orange colors people choose to paint their Chargers.

tan top

hmmm F8  :scratchchin: well if thats what it  left the factory with  thats the color i would paint it  :yesnod:  ......  easier to change interior colors at a later date , than body  color  :yesnod: if you so wish , ... but its your charger dude  ..up to you ........ what ever you would be happy with  :2thumbs: ..look awesome in any color  :drool5:
would like to see some pictures   sometime   :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Nothing wrong with F8 Green..  :icon_smile_tongue:   (i'm just glad my car isnt F8)   :icon_smile_big:

www.69hemi.com
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Wango Mango

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 03, 2008, 08:17:53 AM
Nothing wrong with F8 Green..  :icon_smile_tongue:   (i'm just glad my car isnt F8)   :icon_smile_big:
That's true.  Beautiful CHarger & I saw it last nite on the 1969 charger registry.  If I can locate the fender tag thru a previous owner or a build sheet, I'd bring it back to F8/F8.  Thanks for the pic.   
I'll post the VIN in hopes that someone might know about the car or have info.  Its XS29L9G203278
www.69hemi.com

nakita7

You should look in the Cars Wanted section and sell it to the guy there that is looking for an F8 69 RT to buy...oh wait, that's me!  :icon_smile_wink:

My take...I like them original, the way Chrysler built them, not the way Joe's Garage built them. If you seriously don't like the way your car is optioned out, sell it to someone is looking for one, and buy the one you're after. Now, a car without a fender tag/build sheet is, in my opinion, a little different. You might as well change it a bit, because, let's face it, even you don't know how it was optioned. In your case, yes change it a bit. I personally love F8 cars, and hate seeing them colour changed, so I would go original on yours. What other colours/options were you thinking?

PocketThunder

Quote from: nakita7 on June 03, 2008, 01:08:29 PM
You should look in the Cars Wanted section and sell it to the guy there that is looking for an F8 69 RT to buy...oh wait, that's me!  :icon_smile_wink:

My take...I like them original, the way Chrysler built them, not the way Joe's Garage built them. If you seriously don't like the way your car is optioned out, sell it to someone is looking for one, and buy the one you're after. Now, a car without a fender tag/build sheet is, in my opinion, a little different. You might as well change it a bit, because, let's face it, even you don't know how it was optioned. In your case, yes change it a bit. I personally love F8 cars, and hate seeing them colour changed, so I would go original on yours. What other colours/options were you thinking?

So what your saying is, if i lose my fender tag i dont have to paint my car Poop Brown T7 Bronze?   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ChargerSG

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 02, 2008, 03:23:50 PM
As it's no longer original, I would suggest making it the car that you want.

:iagree: Thats my plan with mine, Trippelblack :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

jaak

That's the beauty of owning YOUR car, do what YOU want with it.

Jason

Just 6T9 CHGR

PS----you don't have to rely on Galen to make you a tag....

www.datatags.com

You have a blank canvas, do what you feel is right for YOU  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Wango Mango

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 03, 2008, 02:35:20 PM
PS----you don't have to rely on Galen to make you a tag....

www.datatags.com

You have a blank canvas, do what you feel is right for YOU  :Twocents:
Thanks & I'm trying to find the original tag thru the guy I bought it from 7 yrs ago in Texas  (Texas Toy Box).  Maybe I'll get lucky, but will probably take it back to the original colors so If Datatags makes one, it'll be accurate.   Thanks for the info. 

nakita7

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 03, 2008, 01:13:17 PM
Quote from: nakita7 on June 03, 2008, 01:08:29 PM

So what your saying is, if i lose my fender tag i dont have to paint my car Poop Brown T7 Bronze?   :icon_smile_big:

That's pretty much it.... :yesnod:

69*F5*SE

UFO

Even if you locate the tag.Like others are saying it's your's paint it whatever color you want.

Wango Mango

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 03, 2008, 04:54:59 PM
I'm for going original.  :2thumbs:
Yeah, F8 is growing on me. Gives the car a whole different personality than  B7 or Red.   F8, F8, black vinyl top, Magnum 500's stripe delete.  505 stroker w/stock look...Pretty stealthy. 

nakita7

BROCK

Some cars are meant to stay original - some of those cars will scream that's the way they should be, even after a wreck or fire. 
Other cars are meant to be turned into racers or highly optioned show cars or just plain ol hotrods.  I say weigh the numbers
that tell the tale of your car & what your car was born as.  I'm with the restorers when it comes to a fairly rare car: keep it
or bring it back to stock.  I'm also understanding when a run of the mill car gets hotrodded or used for cloning. 
So your fendertag is missing?!  Wouldn't matter to you if the cars' provinance weren't exciting to you.  Sounds like your car
is special.  You decide How Special that provinance is to you & treat it accordingly!!  Naturally pics of your progress would be
nice ;)

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

arrow

You are saying you dont have a build sheet ?? is that right ?  how do you get a fender tag done right without  a build sheet ?

superbee383

71 Superbee
04 Avalanche Z66
04 Jaguar XJ8