News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast & Furious 4 Using 70 Charger

Started by 440AirForce, June 02, 2008, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

440AirForce

I was riding along the waterfront in San Pedro CA (near Los Angeles harbor) yesterday and stumbled across a movie shoot. It was FF4.  I managed to take a few shots of the Charger they're using.  This was the same location where they filmed the original. The Vincent Thomas bridge was shut down for filming, along with several streets near the railyards.

Sorry about the link, but images are too large for upload.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk282/440AirForce/?special_track=nav_tab_my_albums
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

squeakfinder

Wow, they kinda Mad Maxed that poor old Charger. Wonder who's screen door got sacrificed for the grill :icon_smile_question:

Thanks for the link.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Blown70

would appear the the supercharger is actually real this time? 

And that poor fiberglass front bumber is used up good.....wow!

Wonder what the plans are for it in this episode? :shruggy: :icon_smile_blackeye: :rotz:

Hemidoug

Quote from: Blown70 on June 02, 2008, 03:27:36 PM
Wonder what the plans are for it in this episode? :shruggy: :icon_smile_blackeye: :rotz:

Lots and lots of RICE.... :brickwall: :RantExplode: :flame:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

TruckDriver

:o That thing looks like a good HALPG beater :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Drache

I read somewhere that the '70 Charger was supposed to be the one from the first movie (story line wise not real car)....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

justin1987

Quote from: Drache on June 02, 2008, 05:31:31 PM
I read somewhere that the '70 Charger was supposed to be the one from the first movie (story line wise not real car)....

That's what I was thinking. It looks like the Charger was fixed after it was wrecked in the first movie.

Rolling_Thunder

Yep - Filming at point Ferman the other day too -   I ran down there to see a friend of mine considering it is only about 5 minutes from my house...       

440AirForce - you wouldnt be Maj. Greg who stops by ICON Engineering, would you?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

terrible one

Quote from: justin1987 on June 02, 2008, 06:07:16 PM
Quote from: Drache on June 02, 2008, 05:31:31 PM

That's what I was thinking. It looks like the Charger was fixed after it was wrecked in the first movie.

With that, they should have left the daisy wheels on there. And might as well have kept the fake blower so that it would look the same.

440AirForce

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on June 02, 2008, 06:43:13 PM
Yep - Filming at point Ferman the other day too -   I ran down there to see a friend of mine considering it is only about 5 minutes from my house...       

440AirForce - you wouldnt be Maj. Greg who stops by ICON Engineering, would you?

No, I retired out the Air Force last year.  I worked for DCMC, building the C-17.  I was at Ft Mac visiting.
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

Silver R/T

makes you wonder when will they quit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

miller

not to say i told you so but...

Remember when I said that just because there is a chevelle in the movie doesnt mean there isnt a charger too?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Paul 500

I know one of the chargers they are using in the film is a 69 made to look like a 70, as my friend brought one of the fenders off of it.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

70 Charger RT

I remember that there was a 70 Charger at Universal Studios that was apparently used for the first shoot.  Does anyone know if the fire got it?  I'm assuming it was still on display there.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Mike DC

If this was the car I saw last summer in that spot, then it wasn't reallly an original one from the 2000 movie.  (Despite the studio's claim on the display.)

The one I saw in 2007 was generally the same as the movie cars.  Probably the same people & same tools built it.  But it didn't exactly match any single one of the several Chargers onscreen.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Look at the Blusemobile in the background of this pic!  That's not even the correct model for those movie cars!)

Dodge Don

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 03, 2008, 12:29:06 PM

If this was the car I saw last summer in that spot, then it wasn't reallly an original one from the 2000 movie.  (Despite the studio's claim on the display.)

The one I saw in 2007 was generally the same as the movie cars.  Probably the same people & same tools built it.  But it didn't exactly match any single one of the several Chargers onscreen.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Look at the Blusemobile in the background of this pic!  That's not even the correct model for those movie cars!)

They had one at Universal in Florida as well...no VIN (trust me...I checked)  :angel:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Blown70 on June 02, 2008, 03:27:36 PM

And that poor fiberglass front bumber is used up good.....wow!
The fender looks fiberglass too. Or at least it looks to me like it's got a chunk missing by the door. :scope:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikesbbody

Great! another charger wrecked for a stupid movie  :icon_smile_angry:

Mike DC

The new Charger pics don't make any sense to me. 
I'm not doubting they're really from the movie shoot or anything, but what are the moviemakers doing here?

It's clearly intended to imply the car from the first movie.  But the wheels and front end are notably different, and those parts can come out of a catalog or Ebay any day of the week.  (And Universal did all that stuff exactly right on every other '70 Charger clone it has built in the years since the first movie.)

And the body has clearly been hammered by hand on every side, which makes sense if they're implying the same original car from 8 years ago after it was wrecked.  But the original car famously barrel-rolled to its demise in slow motion glory, and yet the new copy doens't look like it even has a scratch anywhere on the roof  itself.  WTF? 

BlackStig68

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Brock Samson

sure are alot of black primered chargers in movies now...
  :shruggy: where have all the blade chargers gone to?..  :scratchchin:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free