News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger "resto mod"

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, June 01, 2008, 07:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice color but not really feeling the wheels or the interior treatment.  Has a million pics in the ad though

Also love how that state the fender tag is the "original" & not a reproduction........

NOT!! :scratchchin:

PS---dont get stuck in the rain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270242541190&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bsakal

I don't like the blacked out bumper or those rims with the rubber bands mounted on them :badidea: Also, it looks like there is a hole in the tailight panel next to the R/T emblem.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

milner

tires are too thin.

page makes my computer sloooooooooooooooooow

TripleBlackGator

Black bumpers? I don't think so.  :shruggy:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

jaak

:iagree: If you gotta paint bumper, I would do it body color. Not a big fan of the wheels either, but I would gladly take the car if given to me, lol.

Jason

1FastCharger

Something funny on the fender tag. The exterior color is F8 - which is dark green metallic right? Then the code for the upper door frame is T3 - bronze?
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

G-man

that bumper is rediculous and those wheels...  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Worst charger I seen.

Tigger

The guy states original sheetmetal, i guess he doesn't consider the trunk floor sheetmetal, because there should be drain plugs right?
I don't see the drain plugs near the tail panel and trunk lock support. :shruggy:

autodynamics

damnnnnn you guys are harsh... the wheels are too big for the ride. The bumpers are ok black.... where the car misses is.. no heater a/c no wipers, terrible dash, stock suspension, wimpy brakes. and that radio..... guys that build these cars make them too "new" instead of working with what is there.... overall i like it minor changes and would rock as a pro-touring ride... get an A for effort...

Daytona R/T SE

Somebody get me EXzibit on the phone.   :apimp:

This car ain't done yet.

How did it escape the "Pimp my Ride" shop Without being completed?

With all that left over space in the trunk there's plenty of room for a snowcone maker, a bowling ball

scrubber AND a dog washing station.

This thing should have at LEAST 32 TV's.

Where are the 32 TV's? :smoke:

BrianShaughnessy

Eh...  not my taste.    :Twocents:

Different wheel / tire combo,  set of new chrome bumpers and some wipers and stuff and it would probably be a decent cruiser. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Fitz73Chrgr

I like the black rear bumper...not sure about the front though...I think they should have blacked out the grille to match.  I think everyone has already stated the problems with the car so I won't repeat them
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Magnumcharger

Come on now boys...you know you shouldn't bash other peoples cars on this site!!
I mean, look at all the shit I got into when I stated the obvious about that black Charger from Europe that time...

Which reminds me...THAT car was a piece of shit!!
This one is a whole lot nicer!! (Except for those wheels, tires, bumpers, etc).

Oh yeah...check out the driveshaft on this car!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

ditch the wheels, needs new up to date supension and brakes  has the pro touring look with no goodies
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Neal_J

It's not a car that matches my preferences either.  But I still wondered why: (1) there's no taillight cover in the trunk, (2) they didn't swap a trunk mat that doesn't have rust spots on the underside, and (3) they didn't touch up the upper pad on the passenger rear quater (where the black dye has flaked off the original tan pad)?? 

Whatever,

Neal

BROCK

Looks like a vibration @ 60mph

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

martinihenry

Did anybody happen to notice the severe pitting/wasting of the metal evident on the top of the grille mount? Not to mention the 'birthday cake icing' runs in the black paint near the hood spring!

Also, I find the prolific use of incorrect allen head bolts all around the engine compartment to be very irritating.
The dash looks like they let an apprentice stereo installer do the work. Awful, just awful.  :Twocents:

Jason
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

myk

Hate the wheels, bumpers are ok because I HATE CHROME.  Based on the comments posted so far I won't bother digging into the rest of the car...

ChargerST

This Charger was on craigslist about 2 months ago (think it was Jacksonville) with an asking price of $20,000 - the ad was gone after a few days.

about the Charger: would be a nice looking Charger if it was done correctly.

TripleBlackGator

Ooops! I didn't see the eBay link. My opinion about the black bumpers still stands. The dash is horrendous and the wheels dictate the addition of a canvas top like on a covered wagon!  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1FastCharger on June 01, 2008, 08:29:04 PM
Something funny on the fender tag. The exterior color is F8 - which is dark green metallic right? Then the code for the upper door frame is T3 - bronze?
Colors on the tag are correct but the build date, VON & the H31 code are all wrong.....bad fake tag.  I messaged the seller about changing his wording in the description to not say "original tag & not a reproduction" which this clearly is....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bsakal

one more word about those rims / tires - I've seen more rubber on a condom!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

dodgecharger-fan

I'd check in to the mud on the rocker panels. If things are solid there, I'd say the car isn't too bad. Most of the stuff I don't like about are a fairly easy fix - wheels would be the first to go.
I might not worry too much about the layout of the dash right away but I'd think about changing the bezel material as soon as possible - and maybe work it a little deeper in to the dash...
All in all, I think it'd be a good restore it while driving it project.

Of course, all that's moot until the issue of the fender tag is resolved and one gets to understand the true essence of what is for sale here.
The right person would have to buy it - either one that is happy with it as-is or is paying a price that is fair given what it would cost to make the changes they want to make.
That second scenario is tough because everyone will want to do different things and pay different prices for that extra work. Chances are if this were open to offers, you'd get a wide range...

twenty mike mike

No one is complaining that it's not even a real R/T?    :shruggy:

That would explain the extra hole in back. 

68RT4ME

The car is NOT that nice at all. Well, maybe the paint. I'd think that if they have 100K in it, it would look better than show room new. Not enough time to point out all I saw wrong with it. I'd say is was at best a 20-30K car.

I'm not expert but It just lacks a whole bunch. Why too many question marks.  :scratchchin:

Quote from: twenty mike mike on June 02, 2008, 09:07:24 AM
No one is complaining that it's not even a real R/T? :shruggy:

That would explain the extra hole in back.

I totally agree with that and just about every other comment here.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Blown70

Ohhh boy,  Well, looks like someone had good ideas just did not finish them?  Also, to me resto-mod means more than what happened here.  Throwing different gauges, paint and tires does not make it a resto-mod, IMO.....

I think big wheels can be done tastefully, but this would be an expample of what NOT to do?   

I dont mind the bumpers, but overall, I would take the car back apart and CERTAINLY not pay much for it as it is.

Rolling_Thunder

wow...    this is like a 15K car to me if that...     looks like shit, half-assed, and corners were cut...      if you remove the AC and heater - patch the holes, if you remove something like the washer bottle - fill the holes, spend the $1500 on bodywork instead of the GPS in the dash...       sorry but I just cant stand shoddy workmanship
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger_Fan

I don't mind the black bumper of the rear, but the front one ain't makin' it. Another thing that ain't makin' it is the $1.49 toggle switches on the dash. :rotz: Looks to me that whoever built that car ran out of money toward the end & just finished slapping it together to sell.

The paint looks purty darn nice from the pics, that's probably where 80% of the resto money went. If I bought it, I'd drive it home at 1:00 AM, hurry & swap the wheels, then go to bed. ;D The rest I'd be willing to work on as time allows, but the wagon wheels are just too lame to look at.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgecharger-fan

:brickwall: I missed the 100K reference.

My earlier comments were based on about a 20K purchase price... and now that I look back, I'm not sure where I got that number from.

six-tee-nine

Well shoot me if you want but I like it in general.....BUT NOT all of it.

Ok OK the wheels are wrong (and they forgot to put tyres on the rims) and those bumpers look like they ran out of money before they got the chance to get them rechromed.....
And No I'm not even gonna start about the interior......

But some of the work looks ok and done properly (exept the underside) wich sould deserve some attention......
And I should ditch that bumped drive shaft too....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

GL0169

MY VIN NUMBER ON MY 69 CHARGER IS 73 NUMBER AFTER THIS ONE - SO THIS CHARGER IS ORIGNALLY A REGULAR 69 CHARGER WITH A STOCK 383  - NOT HIGH PREFORMANCE- NOTHING SPECIAL - AND THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THE HOLE IN THE REAR BY THE R/T SYMBOL- THE CAR SHOULD HAVE A REGULAR CHARGER SYMBOL - WELL THAT ALL-    ITS HIS CHARGER LET HIM DO AS HE WISHES

twenty mike mike

Quote from: GL0169 on June 04, 2008, 11:03:30 PM
ITS HIS CHARGER LET HIM DO AS HE WISHES

That's very egalitarian of you, but the guy owns a business in which he builds cars specifically to sell. That removes him from the "protection" of the "you must celebrate everyone's efforts" crowd.

Not that anyone needs to make nasty remarks about the car (and no one has), but comments such as, "I don't like the color" and "Hey, there's a piece of lint on the carpet" are fair game for a car offered commercially.