News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mopar performance valve covers

Started by roger01, May 31, 2008, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger01

does anybody know what size the hole is that needed to be drilled for the pvc grommet ,,,they didnt come drilled ...thanks

roger01

Mefirst

Use the round rubber gasket, that comes with the breather, as reference to the hole size needed.

RECHRGD

I just bought a chrome breather from Mancini Racing that replaces one of the twist on filler caps.  Also got an 1 1/4" bushing for the pcv valve.  I had to use a smaller than normal pcv valve though.  You may want to check with your supplier before cutting into the cover for the pcv grommet.  Mancini said I didn't have to cut the hole when I called them for a bushing (too late) so they must have a twist on unit for that too, but I'm not sure.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

roger01

they come with a filler cap hole on each ..i.was going to use one for oil one for pvc...now i need to drll one for the oil breather......... ...couldnt i use the oil filler hole as the oil breather as well.... so i dont have to drill any holes and instead of a cap just remove the oil breather to add oil

tommymac

yes,why drill a hole thats what I did

4aThrill

when I got my Mopar Performance valve covers I just took a punch and a file to them, they just pop right out no big deal  :D gotta think out of the box

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree: the "holes" are preformed....you just punch them out & use the supplied grommets
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Corellian Corvette

Quote from: tommymac on May 31, 2008, 11:32:08 PM
yes,why drill a hole thats what I did

tommymac - where did you get that breather? That's exactly how I want to run my setup.

Did you just use the big grommet over the other oil fill hole?

tommymac

CC,  I got it from Jegs,and they have a grommet kit for the breather and the PVC valve.Part#071068781& 0312P5249642 or 312-P4529882