News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door glass adjustment question

Started by 69chargerrt, June 03, 2008, 08:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

Ok, got another question on the door :)

The door glass - according to the factory manual, there is a 'up' stop adjustment to adjust how high up the glass can be rolled.    However, I'm unable to find this adjustment on my Charger ('69).    It seems that the Charger glass is slightly different than the manual states - I've noticed that there's a plastic stop in the lower rear corner of the glass instead that seems to limit how high up the glass can go.    Is there any way that the upper limit can be adjusted?     I ask because at the forward edge of the glass, the top edge of the glass doesn't quite go all the way up to make contact with the rubber cap that's at the tip of the guide rail.   I've got about a 1/8"-3/16" gap there.   

Any ideas?  Or am I looking at the wrong thing to adjust for this?

Again- thanks!

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

bill440rt

The glass stop point is raised by adjusting the "guide rail" as you've referred to it, which is actually the glass rear run channel. There are bolts holding it on along the back jamb of the door, & other adjusting bolts accessible on the inside of the door. If you haven't done so, remove the door trim panel. Then, find ALL the attachment bolts holding this run channel in place. By loosening the ones at the back of the door jamb, you should be able to more the run channel up & down. Move it up to raise the window stop point, move it down to lower it. You may have to loosen the other bolts that hold it in to slide it up properly.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69chargerrt

Quote from: bill440rt on June 04, 2008, 04:40:32 PM
The glass stop point is raised by adjusting the "guide rail" as you've referred to it, which is actually the glass rear run channel. There are bolts holding it on along the back jamb of the door, & other adjusting bolts accessible on the inside of the door. If you haven't done so, remove the door trim panel. Then, find ALL the attachment bolts holding this run channel in place. By loosening the ones at the back of the door jamb, you should be able to more the run channel up & down. Move it up to raise the window stop point, move it down to lower it. You may have to loosen the other bolts that hold it in to slide it up properly.
Ah ok- I found two mounting bolts on the rear door jamb for this guide.  I've tried loosening them up and moving the guide up as far as it would go.   While it's helped a little, I still have a gap between the rubber 'cap' at the top of the forward glass guide and the top of the glass itself.   So I'll look around again and see if I can spot another bolt that I might've missed.

'69 Dodge Charger R/T