News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TDC Boerne TX meet pics

Started by Sinister68, May 31, 2008, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

ITSA426 keeps telling me to go there. He thinks it's a great show. Unfortunately, I live in Minnesota, so getting there is a major trip. Maybe someday.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

dspaulding70

Chargerboy69,

I will respect your decision to not elaborate on the reasoning.  As a member that has attended that event in Boerne for many years now, I hope that your comment does not mean that the event may not continue.  That would be a shame for Charger fans in Texas like myself......My car will finally be ready for next years show and I would be very disappointed to not finally get to participate.

Darrell

milner

Quote from: dspaulding70 on June 01, 2008, 07:52:19 PM
Chargerboy69,

I will respect your decision to not elaborate on the reasoning.  As a member that has attended that event in Boerne for many years now, I hope that your comment does not mean that the event may not continue.  That would be a shame for Charger fans in Texas like myself......My car will finally be ready for next years show and I would be very disappointed to not finally get to participate.

Darrell

any pictures of your car?

1FastCharger

Why are you guys jumping on Milner for his question? The "never host a TDC again" statement should be edited out. It is a baited statement the begs to be asked WHY? Then someone asks why and you say none of your damn business. Thiis kind of stuff would make me mad if I was a new member. When Milner asked "too much politics?" a simple Yeah would have made everyone happy instead of the rude reply he got.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

milner

Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 07:35:26 PM
What part of:

I am sorry, I should have kept my comment to myself. I really should not discuss it here.

did you not understand? I don't think it needs to be deleted because he states very clearly that he will not discuss it. The reasoning you are using to suggest he erase it is the same reasoning used by the government to make companies put things like "Not made for human consumption" on things like Tide. :eyes:

if you dont want people asking about it, delete it. what can you not understand?

milner

anyone else have any pics? Dying to see some more!

General_01

Let me ask both of you a question. If chargerboy69 was standing next to you and said he would rather not talk about it, would you both be telling him to delete it? Would you still ask questions after he said that? You guys are ridiculous with what you say. He said he would rather not talk about it and also admitted he should not have brought it up after the first question was brought up. After that, you are just being nosy and totally ignoring what he said. The rude part was when you kept asking about it and prying afterwards.

Be offended by my rude comments if you want. I get tired of people who need people to tell them specific instructions because they cannot understand things, then get offended when people do just that. Use your head for something other than a hat rest.

Now that we have gotten waaaayyy off topic, lets get back to the meet.

496 stroker
4-speed

Sinister68

A few more pics from this morning...
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

ITSA426

Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 07:48:55 PM
ITSA426 keeps telling me to go there. He thinks it's a great show. Unfortunately, I live in Minnesota, so getting there is a major trip. Maybe someday.

Come on Dean.  It's not all that much farther down I 35 that the new Mopars in the Park location.  Just another 1200 miles or so.  The car is all warmed up by then.

I've done Boerne, Auburn, Rapid City, El Dorado, Madison, Nebraska City, and maybe a couple others or at least repeated a few.  I still enjoy the meets and always find the hospitality great.  Boerne still has the best hospitality though. 

General_01

Is that the directions your gonna give people now.

"Yea, to get to Boerne...you know where Mopars in the Park was held?...yeah, it's just a little past that." :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

hemi68charger

What's with the "never again in Boerne" thing? Never say Never....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

royt440

Well, mine aren't quite as "professonal" as some posted.  The 3rd generations I took are posted on http://wichargerguy.proboards101.com/index.cgi

My grandson is NOT touching the car.

1st generation pick-up conversion.

TheGhost

Didn't the TDC meet used to be held up here in Nebraska?  I wasn't able to make it last year, but was hoping to go this year.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

royt440

They have several meets a year, each in a different part of the country.

charge69

Here are a few more pics. No professional photography here but They came out OK.   

Fitz73Chrgr

Thats a really nice 73 SE.  Always good to see more pics of that black 73 also.  I'm diggin' the blue 68 as well.  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

charge69

The red w/ black halo top Charger is actually a 1974. It was for sale with an enclosed trailer at a great price! Totally restored about 2 years ago and never driven since the restoration.  I came close to spending money I didn't have on it! 

HKCharger

Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 09:36:29 PM
Let me ask both of you a question. If chargerboy69 was standing next to you and said he would rather not talk about it, would you both be telling him to delete it? Would you still ask questions after he said that? You guys are ridiculous with what you say. He said he would rather not talk about it and also admitted he should not have brought it up after the first question was brought up. After that, you are just being nosy and totally ignoring what he said. The rude part was when you kept asking about it and prying afterwards.

Be offended by my rude comments if you want. I get tired of people who need people to tell them specific instructions because they cannot understand things, then get offended when people do just that. Use your head for something other than a hat rest.

your comment makees no sense, not to get into this really, but this is the internet with the ability to eidt posts-mucha different than standing by people in life 2 cents.

HKCharger

General_01

Quote from: HKCharger on June 03, 2008, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: General_01 on June 01, 2008, 09:36:29 PM

your comment makees no sense, not to get into this really, but this is the internet with the ability to eidt posts-mucha different than standing by people in life 2 cents.

This is what I don't understand? If someone is standing next to you and says they would rather not talk about it, you politely avoid the topic; but because it is written down on a message board, you cannot politely avoid the topic? :shruggy:

This does not make sense how? Yes, we have the ability to edit posts. My rant is about people NEEDING things deleted so THEY won't post about it. THEY can make the choice to not ask the question in the first place. It is called common courtesy. I also did not like the fact that somebody with 12 posts was the one doing the prying after it was made clear he did not want to talk about it.

Sorry about the rant to the other people trying to enjoy a thread about a great Charger meet and some great cars. I love that red '74 as well as the yellow '71 R/T. Great pics guys.

496 stroker
4-speed

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: charge69 on June 03, 2008, 06:11:11 PM
The red w/ black halo top Charger is actually a 1974. It was for sale with an enclosed trailer at a great price! Totally restored about 2 years ago and never driven since the restoration.  I came close to spending money I didn't have on it! 

You mean the red SE?  SE's didn't come with halo tops.  That black one has a halo top.  I was judging the year of the red one by the vents on the hood.  Those are 73 vents, so I guess thats not the original hood. 

EDIT: now that I look at the picture closer, I see the 74 seat belts.  My bad.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

charge69

OK, I am not too "up" on 3rd Gen Chargers, just going by what the owner said. The top is , apparently , not a halo top on the red 1974 SE. Not even sure what color the car was originally as he stated the top was originally white and the color is a 1996 Viper Red. Did not even look at the fender tag. There are no louvers on the hood. The only exterior shot is from the right rear quartering down the side and the hood is visible , being up, and there are no louvers.

The car was very nicely done, top to bottom, and was for sale with a new enclosed trailer. As you can see in the pictures, the interior was beautifully redone.  The 360 was bored .040 over with a cam and ceramic coated headers. The engine compartment was beautifully detailed and it had not been on the road since its' restoration. Overall, a great car.  He claimed he had 45K in parts alone in it and had just bought the enclosed trailer 4 months prior for 11K. Older fella that was local and had medical problems forcing him to sell to pay for an operation. He wanted 35K for it all and I was very tempted! I saw a lot of people talking with him and inspecting the Charger and trailer and think it probably sold. Should have, for sure.

Here is a bad picture of the engine compartment.

Fitz73Chrgr

I mean the cowl vents, not louvers. You can see them in these 2 pics.

It is a very nice car, I hope mine turns out that well.  I would have been tempted to buy it as well, although I think 35k is pretty high for a 74 SE...

Resto thread:

charge69

I would not know about the cowl vents being 1973 or 1974.  Considering the price includes a very nice red enclosed trailer that he paid 11K for in January and still looks new and some extras, it is probably a fair price at about 24K for the car.  Maybe a little high in today's market but, you would have to see how nice the car is in person. Underside and all, really nicely done.

Fitz73Chrgr

Ahh, I forgot you said something about the enclosed trailer. 

Resto thread: