News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 Charger SE

Started by CuteMLS, May 30, 2008, 11:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuteMLS

Well.. I am very new at this.. I have had my 72 SE for about 3 years now but I really know nothing about it.. It was running when I got it.. but I have let it go but it is being fixed now.. I would really like to know more about it though. I know it has a 318 engine, and vinyl top, bucket seats... I know the basics but I would like to know more.. It is not in very good condition but I am working on it. I would like to know how many were made.. if it is a good car.. Is it rare.. Is it popular?? Just stuff about it. I have attached a few pictures of it.. Would like any info on it.. Thanks guys

konigcharger

how many were made?
  dunno someone else will have that info. paging 1972rallye  ;)
if it is a good car?
seriously you ask that on a charger forum?... haha  :2thumbs:
Is it rare? 
          318 SE no... not really... :pity: 
Is it popular? 
    a couple years ago i would have said it was the least popular 3rd gen body style... but they are slowly gaining popularity

hope that helps

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: konigcharger on May 31, 2008, 12:47:52 AM
how many were made?
dunno someone else will have that info. paging 1972rallye  ;)
if it is a good car?
seriously you ask that on a charger forum?... haha  :2thumbs:
Is it rare?
318 SE no... not really... :pity: 
Is it popular?
a couple years ago i would have said it was the least popular 3rd gen body style... but they are slowly gaining popularity

hope that helps

:iagree:

and have to remark the increased popularity of 72 SE latelly
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Rallye

Quote from: CuteMLS on May 30, 2008, 11:46:47 PM
how many were made..
I could only come up with a total production number of 22,430 for the WP29 (SE).  I'm sure others can break that number down a bit further.

Quote from: CuteMLS on May 30, 2008, 11:46:47 PM
if it is a good car..
72's are the BEST!!!  :2thumbs:

And by the way... Welcome to the site.   ;)

1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

Charger72SE

of the 22,430 - 9,811 had 318 engines. 

My first car was a 72 SE with a 318 way back in 1977, and 5 years ago I got the bug to get another 72 SE.  I found one here at the web site and have had a tremendous amount of help restoring it with the advice from the folks here.

good luck and enjoy!

mikesbbody

welcome  :cheers: check out petes third gen site looks nice!  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

pete's third gen site www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com       :2thumbs:

THE CHARGER PUNK

QuoteI have attached a few pictures of it..

I see #1.  LoL j/k nice car ive always liked the roof line on the 72 se's :2thumbs: