News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 charger se color

Started by 72charger440, July 07, 2008, 12:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72charger440

im repaintig my 72 SE in its orginal color what color is this  GY4  does anybody know   :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:   
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

Charger74SE

Quote from: 72charger440 on July 07, 2008, 12:33:10 AM
im repaintig my 72 SE in its orginal color what color is this GY4 does anybody know :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:
GY4 is a Gold color. Here's a color chart pic for 72. Its listed as Y4.

Mike

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

72charger440

thank you very much this helps alot  :2thumbs:     i don't know if i now want 2 repaint it in its original color hahaha great  Ive got a gold on gold w/ a white vinyl top car maybe ill paint it gold but make the interior white to match the white top what do you guys think :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:
mopar or no car!!!!

Charger74SE

Quote from: 72charger440 on July 07, 2008, 12:12:01 PM
thank you very much this helps alot :2thumbs: i don't know if i now want 2 repaint it in its original color hahaha great Ive got a gold on gold w/ a white vinyl top car maybe ill paint it gold but make the interior white to match the white top what do you guys think :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:
Keep the white vinyl top in my opinion and make the interior white. It would look better and would be alot cooler on the inside unless your going for a numbers restoration.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

Rallye

Quote from: 72charger440 on July 07, 2008, 12:12:01 PM
thank you very much this helps alot  :2thumbs:     i don't know if i now want 2 repaint it in its original color hahaha great  Ive got a gold on gold w/ a white vinyl top car maybe ill paint it gold but make the interior white to match the white top what do you guys think :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:

Gold with a white interior and white top would be interesting to see.  But there's nothing wrong with gold on gold... I use to have a gold on gold Challenger with a white vinyl top.  I decided to paint it the same color but went with a black stripe and a black vinyl top instead of the white.  Turned out beautiful.

1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

72charger440

the only reason i think of white interior instead of gold is the heat issue i live in Arizona so the white will be cooler
mopar or no car!!!!