News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for company to Build my General Lee

Started by caseymp2001, April 17, 2010, 09:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseymp2001

I am looking for a compay that will take my 1968 charger and turn it into a General Lee.  I am looking for a driver not a all out show car the car would need a new grill and new tail lights.  Is there anyone out there that will build this car I am in Washington state and would like to find someone to take on this job.  The car is 100% and has been in storage the last 15 years.  Please any info and contact info you have will be of great help to me. thanks

CB

My experiance is: companies do it for the money.
If you would like to own a Lee, why not try and find guys who knows how to restore a car.
Some of the guys here on the board are really helpfull when you want to build your own personal car!
I think on the end of the road, you would be proud to build it yourself. :Twocents:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

caseymp2001

Due the the fact that I am in Iraq I do not have the time to build the car myself.  I am looking for a paint and body place.I just want someone to do the body work and who knows what they are doing when it comes to paint.

kab69440

I hear that BK Auto does exceptional Lee clones...  Now where the heck is that "stirring the pot" smilie?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

SFRT

if its body paint and cosmetic trim contact

Rolfe Brittain

510 943 2460

email

rolfe.britain@gmail.com

he just did the body and paint for my car. I will let the pictures I have posted all over these forums speak for themselves. 

You will have to transport the car down to the SF Bay area and have a realistic budget.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

Quote from: SFRT on April 17, 2010, 10:41:58 AM
if its body paint and cosmetic trim contact

Rolfe Brittain

510 943 2460

email

rolfe.britain@gmail.com

he just did the body and paint for my car. I will let the pictures I have posted all over these forums speak for themselves. 

mechanical stuff I have a hook up for you as well..if that needs it. after 15 years in storage you will need a bunch.

You will have to transport the car down to the SF Bay area and have a realistic budget.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

clanton

You should ask bo and luke duck. I hear they make clown cars pretty quickly.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

caseymp2001

Has anyone seen any of Smith Bros. Restorations cars in person ?  http://www.smithbrosrestorations.com/  If so please let me know thanks

JT01

Quote from: caseymp2001 on April 18, 2010, 06:27:40 PM
Has anyone see any of Smith Bros. Restorations cars in person ?  http://www.smithbrosrestorations.com/  If so please let me know thanks
They do excellent work

miamivice

Smith Bros have done two cars for me so far... :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Beat me to it.  I haven't heard any thing bad about Smith Bros, maybe I need a hearing aid.

Plus they're down here by the Gorge so they're almost local for you depending what part of Warshington you're at.

Mike DC

Yeah, Bobby & Jamie Smith are good guys. 

They're also about as "official" as you can get.  They're good friends with the original TV-series mechanics.  They know all the inside details if you wanna take your replica to that level. 

Khyron

sweet! If I were to have one though I would make it K.A.R.R. .... we can "duke" it out ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on April 18, 2010, 11:27:32 PM

sweet! If I were to have one though I would make it K.A.R.R. .... we can "duke" it out ;)

Remember when they found KARR and he was burried in the sand on the beach..?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Yup, if you've got the money the Smith Bros will do you right. It doesn't have to be a GL either (obviously) as I considered them to do my 68 Charger in black.

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 18, 2010, 07:58:29 PM
Beat me to it.  I haven't heard any thing bad about Smith Bros, maybe I need a hearing aid.

Plus they're down here by the Gorge so they're almost local for you depending what part of Warshington you're at.

They are about the only "builders" I've heard nothing but good about  :cheers:

Khyron

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 19, 2010, 08:39:10 AM

Remember when they found KARR and he was burried in the sand on the beach..?

that was the second one, cause he chickened out on a head to head with K.I.T.T. ..... I have a lot of fond memory of that show :) but K.A.R.R. wa sjust bad ass..... If I did K.A.R.R. though it would be from the second one, he had that cool silver and black thing going on ...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

caseymp2001

http://www.dezercollection.com/1969-dodge-charger-general-lee-c-500.htm      Has anyone picked up a car from here if so let me know.  Any info good or bad thanks

JohnnyZ