News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cokacola Charger @ yearone..

Started by OneofNoneRT, May 29, 2008, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Spike on August 04, 2008, 02:02:24 PM
Coke Charger, hmmmm seems I seen one of these before  :icon_smile_big:

Car looks great, beats another General lee clone in my book.

love the wings !!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 04, 2008, 02:32:20 PM

BTW: the coke bottle shape on jets is called the Area Rule it allows the air to get out of the way so the plane slips through the air faster...

Well, kinda, almost.

Area Rule aircraft have the fuselage pinched where the wing meets the fuselage to avoid drag rise that the wing/fuselage intersection  would normally cause. Pointy noses and sharp leading edges allow the air to get out of the way.

For all the Pepski lovers, since it's called a "Coke Bottle Fuselage" Pepsi just wouldn't work, unless you're into really deep irony.

The more I see the car, the more I like it. I'd drive it anywhere. Nice work, Stanley.

Charger_Fan

I like it. I can see that paintwork definitely took a lot of effort. :2thumbs:

The gas cap idea is too cool! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I still hate the gas cap.  (hey even if that makes me a "hater", I have to be honest)

autodynamics

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 03, 2008, 02:47:45 PM
Quote from: Khyron on June 03, 2008, 07:30:38 PM
Personally I like it.... But I do like Pepsi better ;)
Ha ha, me too.  Different, very very different.  I like it, a lot.  The God inspiration part I could do without.  People that kill innocent people claim that route also.  I'm sure you would of done fine on your own.   Sorry, too many people, killing people these days in the name of God or whatever they are calling him, kinda turns me off when I hear that.

YOOOOOOOOOOO lighten up there buddy.... whats got your panties up your crack??? i think its a phrase.. you don't have to be such a player hater so fast huh??? this new member just popped by and already one post into it and a slap has been released...i bet if you post your car you would LOOOOOOVE  to hear the members criticize your talents.... Give a compliment and don't jump down the guys throat for saying hes god inspired.... seriously folks alllot of you guys have been know to be thread bashers and maybe thats why we don't have more members, Relax and lets your pants loosen up a bit ..... its a car for for goodness sake..... maybe you should tip your hat a bit...... and remember  DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME

Sure is a real disappointing to hear such bashing... some americans we've become........... hate you neighbors.................. can we all get along without causing such a fuss....  damnnnnn!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: autodynamics on August 05, 2008, 01:27:09 AM
Ha ha, me too.  Different, very very different.  I like it, a lot.  The God inspiration part I could do without.  People that kill innocent people claim that route also.  I'm sure you would of done fine on your own.   Sorry, too many people, killing people these days in the name of God or whatever they are calling him, kinda turns me off when I hear that.

YOOOOOOOOOOO lighten up there buddy.... whats got your panties up your crack??? i think its a phrase.. you don't have to be such a player hater so fast huh??? this new member just popped by and already one post into it and a slap has been released...i bet if you post your car you would LOOOOOOVE  to hear the members criticize your talents.... Give a compliment and don't jump down the guys throat for saying hes god inspired.... seriously folks alllot of you guys have been know to be thread bashers and maybe thats why we don't have more members, Relax and lets your pants loosen up a bit ..... its a car for for goodness sake..... maybe you should tip your hat a bit...... and remember  DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME

Sure is a real disappointing to hear such bashing... some Americans we've become........... hate you neighbors.................. can we all get along without causing such a fuss....  damnnnnn!!

Wow, I apologize if I came across rude to him.  I complemented his work each time, all I said is the God inspiration stuff gets to me a little. :shruggy:  He seems like a wonderful extremely talented person and I'm sorry if It came out otherwise.  I do have issues about hearing people blame God for tragedies or give him credit where it wasn't due.   As for this young man, ooops, sorry I didn't mean to come across as a hater.  I think I explained why I cringe when I hear people use the God word, nuff said.

One last time.  Steve, great job I love the car and the work you've done.  Welcome to the site. :icon_smile_big:

Oh, one more thing.  I don't agree with this.  " seriously folks alllot of you guys have been know to be thread bashers and maybe thats why we don't have more members, "  This is a forum about 40 year old cars.  I think we could be a dying breed.  This isn't a forum about Politics, or the gas crises, this is about old cars we like and not much more?  I think on that note this forum does  a fine job, and is not much different than any other.
Also as I remember, I clashed with some members when I was brand new here and I didn't run away.  All of them have become great forum friends in the long run.   :patriot: :nixon:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FlatbackFanatic

I think it looks very cool! I wouldn't mind having it in my garage :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Blown70

I think the car is great in every aspect, I said it on the first page and still think it is.  Gas cap and all.   :2thumbs:  I like the different vareity of cars on the site, lord knows if you really look at it my 70  IS WAY more CUT up and modified than this charger.

Again I am sure some will HATE my 70 when its done but I am sorry I dont like seeing the same old, I respect the stock look for what that is, the GL clones, wing clones, Aero cars, etc.  Some people like to think out of the box of things CHEERS to them.

Tom :2thumbs:

Stanleyart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 05, 2008, 05:59:01 AM
Quote from: autodynamics on August 05, 2008, 01:27:09 AM

Sure is a real disappointing to hear such bashing... some Americans we've become........... hate you neighbors.................. can we all get along without causing such a fuss....  damnnnnn!!

Wow, I apologize if I came across rude to him.  I complemented his work each time, all I said is the God inspiration stuff gets to me a little. :shruggy:  He seems like a wonderful extremely talented person and I'm sorry if It came out otherwise.  I do have issues about hearing people blame God for tragedies or give him credit where it wasn't due.   As for this young man, ooops, sorry I didn't mean to come across as a hater.  I think I explained why I cringe when I hear people use the God word, nuff said.

One last time.  Steve, great job I love the car and the work you've done.  Welcome to the site. :icon_smile_big:

Oh, one more thing.  I don't agree with this.  " seriously folks alllot of you guys have been know to be thread bashers and maybe thats why we don't have more members, "  This is a forum about 40 year old cars.  I think we could be a dying breed.  This isn't a forum about Politics, or the gas crises, this is about old cars we like and not much more?  I think on that note this forum does  a fine job, and is not much different than any other.
Also as I remember, I clashed with some members when I was brand new here and I didn't run away.  All of them have become great forum friends in the long run.   :patriot: :nixon:

Hey Robert (right?) (And to all)

Thanks for the welcome and no hard feelings here. Thanks for looking at the car, and I'll post more photos soon.

You know, I think you guys could potentially overdose on the little smiley icons.

Take care,

-Steve
(P.s. I'm Presbyterian. (We're all allergic to blowing ourselves up.) :icon_smile_wink:

1969chargerrtse

Hey Robert (right?) (And to all)

Thanks for the welcome and no hard feelings here. Thanks for looking at the car, and I'll post more photos soon.

You know, I think you guys could potentially overdose on the little smiley icons.

Take care,

-Steve
(P.s. I'm Presbyterian. (We're all allergic to blowing ourselves up.) :icon_smile_wink:

:wave:  Welcome to the site you talented person you.  I favor the stock look, yours is the first custom 69 Charger ever I truly like.  Great work and looking forward to more detail pictures.  Yes it's Robert.  :yesnod:  Raised catholic, but having 2nd thoughts, lets just say Christian.)    :-\

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Stanleyart on August 03, 2008, 04:27:43 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 03, 2008, 03:34:27 PM
Like Pete said, dont take all the haters comments to heart. I think the car is cool, its unique :yesnod:

:yesnod: And I don't take it to heart, guys, it's all good. Thanks for the reassurance.

-Steve

Hey, they can't treat our pledges like that, only we can treat our pledges like that...BTW, I dig the Coke Charger, nothing wrong with a trunk cooler either.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TUFCAT

Quote from: Stanleyart on August 05, 2008, 06:57:44 PM

Take care,
-Steve

EXCELLENT work on the Charger!  :2thumbs:  I'm also Presbyterian  - - and still waiting for my dose of automotive inspiration/finanicial motivation  ...however it comes!  :angel: :angel: :angel:

WingCharger

Patronus

oh great, now I have to make a Pepsi Charger...just 'cause!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

jeryst

Well, I like it. It reminds me of growing up in the 60's and 70's, when people customized their cars, put wild paint jobs on them, etc. When you went to a car show back then, you saw all kinds of unique machines instead of rows and rows of cookie-cutter stock vehicles like at todays shows. Thank God there are still people interested in building unique vehicles. Amazing how all of the rebels, free thinkers, and non-conformists of yesterday have become the conformist, like-minded people of today.

As for the Coke promotion idea, they may embrace it, but if they are not interested, they may threaten to sue for copyrite infringement and unauthorized use of their intellectual property. Or they may offer to buy it from you, and if you dont sell, they may then tell you to get rid of the paint scheme. I hope they decide to work with you, because I think its a really cool car and I'd love to see it in person even though I'm a Pepsi drinker.

Now you've got me thinking old school about my 69 Charger since it needs paint. Maybe I'll start checking out some painted lace, endless lines, and air-brush murals - lol.

noff57

Why not do it. Would you guys rather see a Chevy or ford get more exposure? The way I see it is another charger that a lot more people can see how beautiful they are..

What is the best soda? coke
What is the best muscle car? charger

so its win win.

Ghoste

That's from a couple of years ago, I don't think Coke ever picked it up.  I don't even know if it's still being shown?

Brock Samson

I love it, and I'd love to see it up close and personal,..
BTW: if you missed checking out his web site...

http://www.stanleyart.com/main_intro.html

I'd highly recommend it!     

Between he and Frank (SFRT) we have some very talanted artists on the site!       

http://www.fkozik.com/

ChargerSG

I dont like that green, can understand painting it like that but i wouldent. Kind of cool anyway :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Ghoste

Yeah it was meant to simulate the green tinge that old Coke bottles used to be.  It isn't something I would do either but there are a LOT of subtle touches that were done to the car that can only be appreciated when you see it in person.  It's too bad Coke didn't take it on as a promtional vehicle.  They could have used it in print and tv ads and maybe even built a whole campaign around Coke Chargers.

SFRT

awesome job on that car but everyone knows God drinks RC Cola, not Coke.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

resq302

If I remember correctly, they had it rigged up so when you opened the trunk, it make a pop and fizzing noise like opening up a real bottle of coke. :o
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Ghoste

resq302

Quote from: Ghoste on February 28, 2010, 09:00:21 PM
The trunk is a cooler.

Yes, thats why I thought the pop and fizzing noise was from the trunk.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto