News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cokacola Charger @ yearone..

Started by OneofNoneRT, May 29, 2008, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Personally I like it.... But I do like Pepsi better ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

DodgeChargerNeeded

Yeah I agree if it was done up in pepsi colors I would be in heaven. Anyway I like it and its only a paint job/decals.
Jeff

Corellian Corvette

At least the bodywork is nice. The car looks clean, and a new paint job is easy :)

71ChallengeHer

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Stanleyart

Hey Guys,

Ouch-- You guys are tough! A grenade without the pin? Gas cap stupid? Ooouch. :)

But honestly, I do appreciate the candor. You guys are part of the audience and I appreciate the truth.

Here's the story--

Basically what you have here is literally the 1969 Coke Bottle Charger, or for the lay, The Coke Car. As a commercial illustrator I have always wanted to do something creative & artistic with the car, and so I asked God for his inspiration and with the help of my friend David Levy, this is what developed.

It is an all-themed Coke Bottle Charger. 

The features are: airbrushed faux Coke Bottle Glass green, (the result of spending 21 10-12 days on my feet, back, butt and knees) hand painted & airbrushed Coke Flames (Syrup geysers in the hood wastegates), 2-toned Coke Reds, hand painted Coke Scripts (with the help of my friend Trey Bogan) and a giant Bottle-cap gear on the roof.

Since the car is based off Classic Coke, I wanted to emulate that by leaving the sheet metal alone. The lines are beautiful inside and out so no deleting of chrome, or handles, or marker lights. (Mark and Jeremy @ AMD / Auto Metal Direct graciously supplied us with some beautiful new pieces.)

The interior is stock, with the exception of the floor mounted console, which was converted into a Vendo Coke machine Console, with decalled operating instructions, and Vendo Paint. The gauges were refaced in Coke white, as well as misc. trim pieces. Sound deadened for a quieter ride, and a Stereo-navagation-DVD-handsfree phone was installed--all inclusive of a single dashmounted monitor.

The trunk was fitted with a custom-made cooler, reminiscent of the mom-pop stores with Coke coolers, a bottle opener mounted in place of the tailight Charger emblems, ICE COLD reads across the decklid, and the car's auto-tag is "POP 1".

The wheels are custom billet Coke Bottle wheels as well as is the POP-top gaslid.

When you pop the hoodlatch, from a hidden speaker you hear the Pssst! sound effect bottle opening. In the engine bay is a clean-running stock 440 HP motor,(replacing the stock 318), running with vintage air, and--a six pack. You can't have a Coke car without a six-pack. Breather is adorned with Coke graphics and correct bright Coke red paint. When you close the hood, another sound effect of drinking is followed by a healthy belch.

This is a self-funded project, one which we believe was destined to happen and one which I hope that Coke will fully embrace post-meetings. Nascar used? Maybe. Since the Charger is Nascar History, and is the most popular star car, it would be nice to see our car complimented and used with a broad that has world-wide appeal.

If everything goes according to plan, we will be at the Nationals and parked @ the Year One trailer. So please come by to see the car in person.  (The site is almost done and pictures to follow.)

Thanks for Listening,

Steve Stanley
www.stanleyart.com

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Khyron on June 03, 2008, 07:30:38 PM
Ha ha, me too.  Different, very very different.  I like it, a lot.  The God inspiration part I could do without.  People that kill innocent people claim that route also.  I'm sure you would of done fine on your own.   Sorry, too many people, killing people these days in the name of God or whatever they are calling him, kinda turns me off when I hear that.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

autodynamics

Hey Guys,

Ouch-- You guys are a tough! A grenade without the pin? Gas cap stupid? Ooouch. Smiley

But honestly, I do appreciate the candor. You guys are part of the audience and I appreciate the truth.

great job...... and really dont take to heart the opinions here.. Allot of these guys here love to bash everyones ride. I love the idea and execution.As for the opinions here..... well lts just say there are allot of crackers floating around here....  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Like Pete said, dont take all the haters comments to heart. I think the car is cool, its unique :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Drache

If it was say a chevy, then most guys here would think you did a good job but yet all the chevy guys would hate it, remember you're on a Charger forum  :icon_smile_big:

you did a really good job though!

Wasn't the Avro Arrow very loosely based on a coke bottle? I remember reading something that it was a coke bottle that gave them the help they needed for wind resistance.....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Stanleyart

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 03, 2008, 03:34:27 PM
Like Pete said, dont take all the haters comments to heart. I think the car is cool, its unique :yesnod:

:yesnod: And I don't take it to heart, guys, it's all good. Thanks for the reassurance.

-Steve

C_stripes

The car looks awesome. Anyway we can get some better pics? I would love to drive it.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

CornDogsCharger

I think the car is awesome!  Being in the paint and body field, I can appreciate all of the work and time that went into this car.  Honestly, to me it looks like a 1:1 scale version of a Johnny Lightning toy car.  This looks like one of their "collector's edition" cars.  Great work, I'd love to see it one day in person.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

bull

Knowing what I know now about the expense and time associated with doing a restoration, if someone walked up to me and said "We will totally restore your car for you but it's going to have a Hello Kitty theme and you have to take it to car shows for a year before you can repaint it." I would say, "Get me a pen and a contract to sign."

Drache

Quote from: bull on August 03, 2008, 09:20:57 PM
Knowing what I know now about the expense and time associated with doing a restoration, if someone walked up to me and said "We will totally restore your car for you but it's going to have a Hello Kitty theme and you have to take it to car shows for a year before you can repaint it." I would say, "Get me a pen and a contract to sign."

Supposedly there are companies will to do that but it's more than a year and you have to go to certain major car shows generally at your expense of food, fuel, and lodging....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Drache on August 03, 2008, 09:22:28 PM

Supposedly there are companies will to do that but it's more than a year and you have to go to certain major car shows generally at your expense of food, fuel, and lodging....

Yea, just dreaming. I have a coworker who's friends with the owner of a 68 Charger from the Seattle area that underwent a total restoration in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range and I know he's been on the hook for shows for a couple years now. I forget who all of his sponsors are but the owner himself is in it for about $100k. He has wheel sponsors, engine sponsors, etc.

Drache

Quote from: bull on August 03, 2008, 10:04:21 PM
Quote from: Drache on August 03, 2008, 09:22:28 PM

Yea, just dreaming. I have a coworker who's friends with the owner of a 68 Charger from the Seattle area that underwent a total restoration in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range and I know he's been on the hook for shows for a couple years now. I forget who all of his sponsors are but the owner himself is in it for about $100k. He has wheel sponsors, engine sponsors, etc.

Yeah I dream of it myself....

you never know maybe someday someone will offer...  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Skyview69

Aero426

It's just a paint job (can be changed).    Nice touches on the wheels and fuel fill.   Put it this way - if anything, kids will like it.   

bakerhillpins

I think its freakin cool. Nicely done.

To bad your webpage is 404, I was hoping to see many more pics of it.  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Spike

Coke Charger, hmmmm seems I seen one of these before  :icon_smile_big:

Car looks great, beats another General lee clone in my book.

Brock Samson

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 03, 2008, 02:47:45 PM
Ha ha, me too.  Different, very very different.  I like it, a lot.  The God inspiration part I could do without.  People that kill innocent people claim that route also.  I'm sure you would of done fine on your own.   Sorry, too many people, killing people these days in the name of God or whatever they are calling him, kinda turns me off when I hear that.

:scratchchin:
Jeeze Robert, I find it hard to believe you would think about that - let alone actually write it in a post to a new member...
no wonder folks make a post introducing themselves and then promptly split.

So he asked God for inspiration,.. Big deal,.. he didn't claim to be bringing back the Grand Inquisitor...
Oh, then put down Coke while your at it...
you sure got your panties inna bunch when someone said something negative about your bondo bucket as I recall...
   :lol:

As for the Coke Charger- Welcome Stanley - I really really like it, a class act by the look of it...
I'd love to see it in person. :yesnod:
I'd like to at least see a bunch more pictures of the car.
I really like the way the paint is executed, the break line between the colors on the side and the fogging required to get the green glass effect are most effective and balanced.
Red and Green aren't generally balanced in concert.

BTW: the coke bottle shape on jets is called the Area Rule it allows the air to get out of the way so the plane slips through the air faster...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 04, 2008, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 03, 2008, 02:47:45 PM

:scratchchin:
Jeeze Robert, I find it hard to believe you would think about that - let alone actually write it in a post to a new member...
no wonder folks make a post introducing themselves and then promptly split.

So he asked God for inspiration,.. Big deal,.. he didn't claim to be bringing back the Grand Inquisitor...
Oh, then put down Coke while your at it...
you sure got your panties inna bunch when someone said something negative about your bondo bucket as I recall...
   :lol:

As for the Coke Charger- Welcome Stanley - I really really like it, a class act by the look of it...
I'd love to see it in person. :yesnod:
I'd like to at least see a bunch more pictures of the car.
I really like the way the paint is executed, the break line between the colors on the side and the fogging required to get the green glass effect are most effective and balanced.
Red and Green aren't generally balanced in concert.

BTW: the coke bottle shape on jets is called the Area Rule it allows the air to get out of the way so the plane slips through the air faster...

Gee, maybe people living in caves that want all Americans, or non believers of their faith dead, and drove planes into our buildings killing thousands of innocent people in the name of God got me a little bugged?  Sorry.  Also sorry I agree with someone else that I like Pepsi better, but I do believe I said I liked what he did a lot, a real lot.  That wasn't good enough?  I have no regrets of what I wrote and believe in, and still think he did a fantastic job, without what he believes is Gods help.  As for the comment about my car, it was the idea of friend betrayal that hurt me, nothing more.  That subject was resolved I'm please to say.  Oh by the way Brock, I do believe you have said things also that many didn't care to hear?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerboy69

Steve,

Welcome, and please don't run off to quickly. You have a very cool looking car and we hope you to stay.

Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

mikesbbody

I like it  :2thumbs: im actually about to have a coke right now so it must work  :lol: