News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cokacola Charger @ yearone..

Started by OneofNoneRT, May 29, 2008, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneofNoneRT

Since there was so much interest I thought i would open a new thread.. This is all I know..  It was at Yearone  show a couple weeks ago. I just had to ask him "Why??" He said he  Works for Coke in Atlanta and is looking for promotional Ops with Coke..  these are the only Pics I have.. The interior was stock but looked pristine. Fine looking charger, but I dunno, just dont seem right to me..Or  :shruggy:??   
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Ghoste

I hope that was a repro fuel cap he boogered up or at least reversable.

Drache

Personally I cant understand the green? Coke bottles are RED & WHITE (not counting diet coke or coke zero). Id also replace the coke in the trunk with beer. The gas cap is a neat idea but it's stupid in the same breath.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

G-man

Send him a Grenade, without the pin. :icon_smile_angry:

mikes_classics_68

the green is for the glass  as in it is meant to replicate the look of the old school style bottles.  im on the fence about it  but its ironic considering its looks like a sideways coke bottle and the body style is referred to as the "coke bottle" styling  lol

chargerrt

I think it's a really cool promotional car myself.  I wouldn't want my car to look like that though.  What kind of rims are those?  They looks pretty cool!

Nevermind...the rims look like one-offs with coke bottles with coke bottles for the spokes.

69bronzeT5

I like it. Damn, now I'm thirsty :drool5: :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

Like it or not, its a clever marketing idea makes me want to have a coke  :lol:

TK73

I like it!!  Hope Coke sends it on tour...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Shakey

4aThrill

Quote from: Drache on May 29, 2008, 10:47:02 PM
Personally I cant understand the green? Coke bottles are RED & WHITE (not counting diet coke or coke zero). Id also replace the coke in the trunk with beer. The gas cap is a neat idea but it's stupid in the same breath.

I believe their trying to do the glass bottle of coke look  :coolgleamA:

69*F5*SE

dodgecharger-fan

Anyone remember the fad from a couple of years ago of dressing your car up like a product? There were pictures floating around the 'net - might have been here..
Wonder if this is the same sort of lunacy?

That question posed, I have to say that I like this particular one.
I think it's well done. There's a tie-in with the "Coke Bottle Styling" of the Charger and the owner has a connection with Coca Cola.

All that seems to make it less crazy in my mind That's easily done when your point of reference is a Japanese subcompact dressed up like a box of Tide laundry detergent - for no good reason at all.  :smilielol:

70charginglizard

I love that coca cola bottle cap gas cap. Thats pretty neat.  :icon_smile_big:
70charginglizard

moparstuart

Quote from: 70charginglizard on May 30, 2008, 12:03:54 PM
I love that coca cola bottle cap gas cap. Thats pretty neat.  :icon_smile_big:
where do i get one  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chad L. Magee

I like it, the soda cap gas lid is a nice touch.  It made me remember that I know of a similar car done up by Dr. Pepper back in the late 1990s that was given away in a local contest and I know the owner who ended up with it.  It did not have alot of Dr. Pepper logos on it (a few small decals is what I remember) but was a 1968 Charger painted in the color of Dr. Pepper and came with a lot of Dr. Pepper stuff.  The car is nice, but was not perfect when he got it.  The last time I saw it was at a car show in Colby, Kansas five years ago.  I need to check back to see if he still has the car.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Blown70

GreenMachine

I like it too. It was bound to happen sooner or later due to the 68-70 referred to as "coke bottle design". Gotta go, I'm on my way to the Budweiser distributor to see if they'll pay for my bodywork in exchange for putting their logo on it!!    :icon_smile_big:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

charger_mike75

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on May 30, 2008, 11:24:30 AM
Anyone remember the fad from a couple of years ago of dressing your car up like a product? There were pictures floating around the 'net - might have been here..
Wonder if this is the same sort of lunacy?

That question posed, I have to say that I like this particular one.
I think it's well done. There's a tie-in with the "Coke Bottle Styling" of the Charger and the owner has a connection with Coca Cola.

All that seems to make it less crazy in my mind That's easily done when your point of reference is a Japanese subcompact dressed up like a box of Tide laundry detergent - for no good reason at all.  :smilielol:

In my neck of the woods there is an old VW beetle painted up w/ the Mug rootbeer stuff.

70charginglizard

Whats the deal with the hood though? Is that paint peeling off or is that like a bubble fiss design on that? :shruggy:
70charginglizard

twenty mike mike

If that makes my Coca Cola stock increase in value, I'm all for it.   :cheers:

This'll probably be the increase in return: :Twocents:

OneofNoneRT

Paint is  Immaculate..it is the design..
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

superduperbee

I like it. The Coca Cola sponsored stock cars from the 60s - 70s [Daytona] were red and gold, but the green looks good. Is there a picture of the Coca Cola Charger Daytona replica on this site?

Charger1970

Quote from: 70charginglizard on May 30, 2008, 12:03:54 PM
I love that coca cola bottle cap gas cap. Thats pretty neat. :icon_smile_big:

How about those Coke bottle spokes on the rims?

I saw that car at the Mopar show at the Atlanta Motor Speedway a few weeks back. It is very nicely done.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

JimShine

Nicely done! I hope I see it in person someday!