News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

crooked wheel

Started by onebadmopar, May 29, 2008, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

hi everyone 1st time in 8 years my charger backed out of garage under its own power i have the brake problem  figured out and had to fix a small tranny leak...... while it was sitting  in the drive way i notced one wheel the passenger fron is kicked way out  on a slant while the drivers wheel is nice and straight i belive the way to adjust this is the 2 bolts down in the inner fender that hold control arm on but im not sure  how to do it im trying to get it in the ball park so i can drive it the 4 miles down to the alignment shop  anyone know how to do this?

onebadmopar

never mind ..   i gotta learn to use the archives more found a topic on it did it wheels pretty straight now woohoo

BigBlackDodge

I'd check the conditions of the bushings before having any work done to it............sounds like somethings wore out in there. The two bolts you mentioned are the adjusting bolts.....loosen the nuts and turn the bolt to adjust in or out..........the bolts have a washer attached to them that is offset from the bolt itself. Jacking the car up may make this a little easier by taking the load off the wheel.

BBD