News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior molding between windshield pillar post moldings - HOW TO INSTALL IT?

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, May 29, 2008, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

My mechanic is trying to install a molding that he says goes along the top of the windshield between the pillar post moldings. He says the headliner is already installed and he can't figure out how to install this molding. He also says that the moding goes behind the sunvisors and has 6 holes in it. He says the holes that are in the roof are way big and he can't screw this piece on because the holes are gigantic. Are there special parts I need to be able to install this molding? If someone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mat

onebadmopar

on my 69 it was just held up there with screws 5 -6 of them and i had just put a new headliner in also as far as the holes being huge  i dont know mine wernt

Dennis K

You will need 6 of the clips that look like these. You might be missing yours. I don't know of anyone who sells them. The 2 prongs insert into the holes in your roof, and the slot provides the screw holes for the headliner trim. They are supposed to be installed before the headliner, so you might have another problem. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

SanDiego70RTSE