News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 dodge charger road block

Started by snagm z, May 26, 2008, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagm z

while working on my 71 rt i removed the power brake booster and holy crap what a rust hole any suggestions on how i should approach it
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Charger-Bodie

Are you talking about the firewall where the booster mounts or the booster itself?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

snagm z

its the fire wall . to my knowledge there is no  sheet metal avaliable to replace it. If your facing the front windsheild its from on top of the brake booster to the drivers inner fender. i know they make the inner fender and will replace it but what to do about firewall and cowl
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Charger-Bodie

You will either have top fab something out of sheetmetal or find a used chunk to section in.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

billfury

Sent you a PM.I have the piece you need.

ACUDANUT

71green go

I Also had the same problem on my 71 R/T....firewall rusted out along cowl seam and behind booster.......you can see my pictures of replacement of this on 1971-1974 charger.com...i posted under 71 green go restoration, under the charger topic section.....I bought a complete rust free cowl/firewall an drilled out all spot welds and replaced it.......if you need any advice let me know.......

Charger1973

If 73 is the same I probably have a section that would work as well.