News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

underbody weight?

Started by tdaver, May 26, 2008, 09:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdaver

Hi folks,

I was underneath my 1972 Dodge Charger the other day and noticed there is some sort of large weight bolted to the underside of the body, above the driveshaft.  This thing is pretty large and I couldn't imagine what it is there for.  I want to remove it to save weight.  Does anyone have any idea what this thing is?

Thanks!

Charger-Bodie

Its bolted to the tranny? Correct?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tdaver

It is bolted to the body of the car itself.  It hangs from three studs and has rubber grommets under so it can move a little.  I think it must be some sort of vibration dampener.  I will try to post a photo soon.

Charger-Bodie

Thats an odd one to me . Ive never seen a vibration Dampner bolted to the body on one of these cars ever. .....Can you get pics?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tdaver

A photo of this boat anchor.  Imagine it hanging from the body above the driveshaft, more towards the rear of the car.....