News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know best way to get all brackets for a 440?

Started by dspaulding70, May 21, 2008, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I am swapping my 318 with a rebuilt 440 but it did not come with all of the brackets for a/c, alternator, etc.  Any ideas on how to locate these parts?  I have posted on the parts wanted page and also inquired at many salvage yards, etc.

I am running out of time because the block will be ready from the shop in about a week.  Any suggestions?

Charger-Bodie

Since its for an A/C car you will most likely be looking for used ......non A/C brackets are available new , but I havent seen much for A/C stuff.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Ah, been there done that.  I got my alt brackets , bolts etc...  from 440 source.  The A/C bracket stuff took me forever.  Hot68 found me someone who had used brackets.  Hopefully he'll come back to this thread and post the name and number.  If you need pictures of the A/C pump and brackets, pm me as I still have them, I saved for people like you. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Old Moparz

I bought a condensor for my Scamp from Classic Auto Air years ago & would use them again. They sell complete kits to install A/C & offer brackets for the engine compartment.

http://www.classicautoair.com/BBody6872.asp

It might be worth looking to see if they have stock brackets too.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

oldcarnut

Post or send me some pics of the brackets needed and I'll compare them to some of the stuff attached to old compressors I have laying in the garage and on shelves. Some are from dealer add-ons and other factory but pretty sure all are 383 or 440 engs. 
David

not mine but saw these and some others on the ebay.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-440-Dodge-66-67-68-A-C-brackets-big-block-braces_W0QQitemZ310051603709QQihZ021QQcategoryZ140681QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1969chargerrtse

Here they are.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

oldcarnut

daytonakid

You might go after market on compressor and brackets. Each year and body sytle can use different brackets. Big block stuff is getting hard to find and is expensive. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

Khyron

where are you located? I have a condenser and all the brackets.... as well at the power steering pump and brackets. Let me know if you need to, I can go to the garage and take a bunch of pics... or if you are interested in purchasing them... let me know. I have no need for them.

when I spin the condenser it puts out some air and pressure. not 100% it works, but it's not locked up, it came from a 67 440. C motor.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

To also help, here are some more detailed pics.

Front with the rest of the mounting brackets for compress and Alternator

Back of the compressors mounts that go to the intake manifold.

Depending on the year motor... or maybe this is just for all AC, here is the power steering pump

Side view up pump

and video of mine moving.
http://www.speed-freekz.com/images/100_2057.MOV

Let me know if you need more detailed pics.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

oldcarnut

If Khryons don't work for ya I have some others I pulled out I can shoot some pics of while I'm getting the early Charger parts taken to ready to ebay out.