News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Block problem

Started by NC70/RT, October 13, 2005, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC70/RT

I have a cracked 440 block .I was just wondering if having it repaired how well it hold up ?

derailed

What kind of repair are you talking about??

RD

really matters on where the crack is located and if it is a standard or .020 over block.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NC70/RT

I had a stuck valve ,so it busted the piston and caused the block to crack in to a water jacket .

beedees

Can you give us anymore info, or possibly a pic.? If it just split a cyl., sleeve it. ???

Charger71

I would just sleeve it if its a cylinder.   I saw it done before.   It would be worth it on a valuable/rare block.

Where is the crack?

Charger71

NC70/RT

It did split the cylinder first on right side .It's about 1/2 or 1 inch's long in to water jacket.This is original block
thats in My 70 charger r/t and I would like to keep the original in it.

cudaken

Well, the good new's is if I understand you the crank in number 1 is toward the lifter valley. That is not the thrust side on the hole. I may have to do the same thing but for driffrent reason. Neil and Ron booth think a sleeve is a good repair. Neil said not to let them bore the hole all the way to the bottom. Leave a ridge, that will help hold the sleeve from going to the crank case. Have them cut off what is left sticking up from the deck.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chryco Psycho

have a sleeve put into the block , it will be fine , do as ken said & leavea ridge at the bottom of the cylinder to trap the sleeve as well

NC70/RT