News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Camaro Spy Shots

Started by chargerrt, May 22, 2008, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29l8b

RD

man that thing sits higher than all get out!!! wow... like driving a 4x4 or sumpin
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

Hmmm....

Mustang was done RIGHT.

Challenger is OK, but it's "bloated".

Camaro is FARGIN UGLY.

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RD

Quote from: TK73 on May 22, 2008, 08:25:53 PM
Hmmm....

Mustang was done RIGHT.

Challenger is OK, but it's "bloated".

Camaro is FARGIN UGLY.

:iagree:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

the rear 1/2 of the thing looks good to me but the front end  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I think I'll hang on to my 70 SS/RS.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

71ChallengeHer

I think it looks like a Mustang from the side. But the rest of it  :puke:

nh_mopar_fan

Last to market is always a great move...   :eek2:

Remember when they were driving this thing past Challenger events?

Still waiting.

The first run may sell well because people will buy them up as an investment. After that? Nope.

mikepmcs

I actually don't know what to think except it looks a bit different from the pics on the drawing board a year or so ago. When that LSA powerplant gets in there, man oh man, she's gonna be fast!
I will say this though, the rear amber light deal doesn't turn me on much.
No matter, it's still better looking than a lot of stuff on the market today and a good alternative if you want to stay in the big 3.

I'll still take a Challengeher any day!(sorry, Freudian slip) :icon_smile_cool: :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Spike

I like everything but the back end. You know it's a new Camaro and yet it still pays tribute to it's history.
This is what I really don't like about the new Challenger. It is a bigger version of the old Chally with nothing really new in the design department. Ya, it's a great car and will haul ass, but nothing really sets it apart from the older models. Flame on.....

BigBlackDodge

Ewwwwwwww...................rear end is uggggleeeee! :eek2:

BBD

Old Moparz

I think it looks okay, but I definitely don't like the rear clip, especially the tail lights. I still think it looks more like something from the Cadillac division.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

66chargerkid

The front and sides of this car are very agressive looking.
I also agree that the rear is ugly!
challenger looks much better :)

MoParMetal

it looks like its pissed off that its ugly.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Fitz73Chrgr

Ughh, man, that rear end does look like $h!t. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

rusty lee

Atleast it's not a four door. but  :eek2:

Brock Samson

the original design,..
note the lower roof line 'n it's also a hardtop...  :shruggy:

:icon_smile_wink:

twenty mike mike

G-man

Sad to be real with you guys, but...

If you look at part for part... the Challenger is the only car that looks like a "Challenger". Thats the best 1 they did. 4 circle  headlights? CHeck. Round grill like 70 challenger? Check. Long rear tailight? Check. Curve around the back wheel? Check.

The camaro looks like a Camaro, so thats not bad either (the rear tailights are split trying to look like modern version of the old ones... and the front has the point in it, where the camaros always did... so thats pretty good.)

The mustang looks like a pile of sh1t. The front looks completely wrong and resembles absolutelly nothing.

The charger looks slightly better than the mustang but not much. 4 Doors (wtf?) that circle grill with lines through it... how the hell does that look like any chargers made?

Bottom line is, the Challenger/Camaro actually look like the old cars just modernized. The mustang/charger just look like some new invention. They obviously never looked at the old ones while making these 2.  :Twocents:

Hemidog

myk

Old vs new car threads have been done so much it makes me wanna' throw my PC out the window, but I can't resist a good train wreck, so...

Quote from: G-man on May 23, 2008, 12:19:23 AM
Bottom line is, the Challenger/Camaro actually look like the old cars just modernized. The mustang/charger just look like some new invention. They obviously never looked at the old ones while making these 2.  :Twocents:

Lol, and what in God's name is "wrong" with a "new invention?"  I suppose telephones would've been better if we had stuck with dials and cords instead of wireless and touch tone?

If people want a car that looks like a classic Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, Charger, Pinto, Gremlin, etc, then GO OUT AND BUY A CLASSIC VERSION OF THOSE CARS.  I love how people act like auto manufacturers have violated some sort of sacred trust with the car buying public.  Is there some sort of world governing law or commandment from the bible that declares that a new vehicle bearing the name of a classic (dead and gone) car has to mimick the original design exactly, and more importantly to the whining satisfaction of the public? 

The 60's and 70's came, they went, and now they're gone.  If people need the looks of that era so badly then they should point themselves to the nearest Barrett Jackson auction and quit crying over the direction that the "new muscle car generation" has taken....

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 22, 2008, 08:39:26 PM
I think I'll hang on to my 70 SS/RS.
I'm a 69 fan, but 70 SS/RS sweeeet.  That style was voted as the best ever camaro year somewhere.
I think the new camaro will be a knock out as the years move on and they tweak the style. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerboy69

Quote from: RD on May 22, 2008, 08:25:52 PM
man that thing sits higher than all get out!!! wow... like driving a 4x4 or sumpin

That is the first thing I noticed too.

I thought the prototype looked different than this car does. I do not like it at all.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Shakey