News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Marker progress...(before and after)

Started by plum500, May 11, 2008, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Lots of elbow grease and about 7 or 8 SOS pads, small knife, lots of water. Still not perfect - couple spots to get. SOS works great on getting the overspray off of the lenses - hit it with 3M rubbing compound after to buff them back up.

tricky lugnuts

Looking sweet -- and like exactly what I need to do to mine!! You're using 3M buffing compound for the outer lenses?

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

plum500

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on May 13, 2008, 02:52:33 PM

Looking sweet -- and like exactly what I need to do to mine!! You're using 3M buffing compound for the outer lenses?

Yup! I was surprised at how the black plastic came clean - just as it is. These lenses weren't that bad, but I still used the compound on them to really shine them up. Back ones had a bit more overspray on them so they took a bit more scrubbing and buffing. This is just with some paper towel and a hand polish too.

4aThrill

I just let mine soak in hot water for a day and scub it off, for the lens used a scribe Plastic X from 3M worked great took out all the fine scratches too. :coolgleamA:

AmadeusCharger500

Where do you get this 3M rubbing compound and plastic X?

plum500

Not sure about the plastic X, but I got the 3M stuff at NAPA. Dark green bottle - indicates it is for 2000grit scratches I believe...

4aThrill

3M Leather & vinyl restorer hey it works  the Plastic X is really Meguiar's PlastX you can get that at walmart, autozone and so on.  :2thumbs: