News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlight retainer cups question

Started by six-tee-nine, May 20, 2008, 02:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

I'm prepping these for the moment, but i'm asking myself wich are the high beam ones and wich are the low beam's. I forgot to check and write it down when I took them apart  :brickwall:
IMO there truly is a difference between them.

But I have 3 different part #'s on them, so I guess one of the previous owners of my 69 swapped on or more out in the past.
These are the part #'s I have :

HI-LO5889 (have 2 of these)
HI-5RT886
HI-LO5-RT-888
The numbers are on the side where the bulb fits, and on the edge of the cup. So you can't see the numbers with the lights mounted in place.

IMO if hi and lo beam are different for LH and RH I should have 4 different part #'s.
If hi an lo are the same for LH an RH then I should only have 2 differtent part #'s

Anyone who has their grill apart and able to see what is where?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bear

I got HI-LO 05-RT-888 as the hi-low beam (4002) buckets and HI-5LT-887 as the hi-beam (4001) buckets. You could always take the headlamps and spin them in the buckets to figure out which one is which(this is what I had to do when I first took apart everything)