News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First time poster: 70 Charger R/T owner plus many others

Started by bad88t-top, May 20, 2008, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bad88t-top

Hi guys,
My name is Bill Woessner and I'm from Pgh, PA.  I'm 30 years old and have been around Chargers all my life.  Fortunately my dad owns 4 70 R/T's that he's owned for over 20 years.  Earlier in my teenage life my dad would let me cruise the cars, but when it came time for me to build one he told me to start with something else.  I had a 85 Shelby Charger, then an 88 SHelby Daytona turbo, then I wanted a rear wheel drive so I got a 88 5.0 T-top Mustang.  When I was done I had a pristine mid 10 second street car with all the goodies, Fuel injection, Cruise, Leather, 6 speed, the works.   Attached is a link of some pictures of the car.http://www.hwknights.com/billw_88mustang.html
Now that the old man saw what I could do with a car, he started getting more into his hobby, MOPARS; and more specifically Chargers.  I'm just about finished with our 70 six pack car.  All that's left is the bumpers and a good buff.  We have the following:
1-70 Charger R/T V-code, 4 speed, Track Pack, Dana, TX9 black exterior, red bumble bee stripe, brown interior, pdb, ps, console, go wing, etc..    This car was purchased in 2/78 from Leechburgh, VA from a farmer.  Since then the car has had 13K miles put on it and never seen rain or snow since.  It has it's original interior which is spotless, original carbs, 100% sheetmetal, and carried it's original paint up until 2 months ago.  Last winter I completely reconditioned the suspension, brakes, entire under carriage is now gloss black, it's amazing.  Once I get the bumpers on I'll have someone post some pictures for me.
2-70 Charger R/T S/E   U-code car, automatic, ps, pdb, power windows, cruise, a/c, rear window defogger, power SUNROOF, that's right, I'm sure they didn't make too many of these.   It is currently wearing it's original B5 blue paint, blue interior, white vinyl top, stripe delete, light package w/ console, etc...   This car was purchased in 1980 and was driven for about a week before it was parked.  This car is super clean, just needs a mild restoration to bring it back to life.
3-70 Charger R/T S/E  U code car, automatic, ps, pdb, B5 Exterior, blue interior, black vinyl top, white bumble bee stripe
4-68 Charger R/T  U code car, 4 speed, ps, Dark Blue exterior, black interior, Pretty rusty, but it's all there.   This car has been in the garage since 1975
5-71 Javelin AMX, 360 automatic:  Baby blue with black interior, black top, flat black hood, etc...    100% original
6-78 Dodge 1/2 ton Pathfinder 4x4 Van, short wheel base, 360 engine, 35" tires:   This is another one of my dad's future projects that will never get done.
Anyhow, I know mopar guys like to know what's laying around, so here's our pole building worth of goodies.

I'm interested in attending a few all CHARGER car shows this summer.  A long time ago, my dad use to belong to the Charger Registry that advertised in Hemmings and we attended a few of there events, probably in the early 80's.   Is this organization still around.   Now that the black car's done I'd like to enjoy it for a while before diving into the sunroof car project. 

Lastly, if anyone has any information regarding sunroof cars, I'd love to speak with you about it.  I can be reached at 724-612-5315.  Feel free to give me a call.

-Thanks
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

xs29l8b

Blown70

dadstoy66

Welcome you guys have some nice rare cars there. Would like to see some photos.

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

1969chargerrtse

:o  Like, WWWWwwwwoooooooooooooooooW, amazing cars there.  thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and the cars, and Welcome aboard. :wave:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

Welcome!  :cheers: but like the guy's said how about some pics?

royt440

Welcome.   http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/index.htm has a list of All Charger meetings.  Looks like the closest to you is in Kentucky on August 1-3.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi68charger

Quote from: bad88t-top on May 20, 2008, 03:08:38 PM

Lastly, if anyone has any information regarding sunroof cars, I'd love to speak with you about it.  I can be reached at 724-612-5315.  Feel free to give me a call.

-Thanks

Welcome Bill...
Name's Troy.........  Johnny, here on the board, has a '70 v-code sunroof car... I'll let him chime in if he sees this.............

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69*F5*SE

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Blown70 on May 20, 2008, 03:36:39 PM
Welcome and UMMMM FIRST RULE, POST PICTURES!!!!! :yesnod: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
I can help our newbie in that department. :icon_smile_big:

A bunch more here; http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4746

Welcome aboard, Bill! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Dodge Don

DodgeDEnise

Hi - I am also a new first time poster but man that last guy is a tough act to follow...unbelievably awesome list of cars.
Then a little lower down I see "the first rule is to post a picture" so I am going to try my best to do just that.
Clearly not as easy as it sounds.  I have a 73 Charger SE.

Blown70

Quote from: DodgeDEnise on May 21, 2008, 04:06:36 PM
Hi - I am also a new first time poster but man that last guy is a tough act to follow...unbelievably awesome list of cars.
Then a little lower down I see "the first rule is to post a picture" so I am going to try my best to do just that.

NICE CAR.  Thanks for posting a pic, and WELCOME.

bad88t-top

Thanks for posting some old pictures of the project.  I'm hoping to get my bumpers back from the chrome shop on Friday, so I'll get you some updated finished pictures to post of the car painted.    Thanks for all the great comments guys.
17 Durango RT

Hemidog

Chad L. Magee

Welcome to the site, you will soon be addicted to it.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

TruckDriver

Welcome aboard guys :cheers:

DodgeDEnise, check out my third gen only site too if you haven't already (link below).  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

Quote from: DodgeDEnise on May 21, 2008, 04:06:36 PM
like pete said check out his third gen site  :2thumbs: your charger doesnt appear to be a se maybe you removed the louvered quarter window cover things?

bad88t-top

Ha guys,  I finally got some pictures of the finished product if you wouldn't mind posting them for me.   My email is bwoessner@servicelinklp.com.

Thanks guys:   It looks great
17 Durango RT

mjwebb

welcome, and if you ever want to sell a 70 pistol grip I'm you're guy  ;)