News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a food recipe thread

Started by mikepmcs, May 19, 2008, 09:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

Did you eat it all by yourself in one sitting?

were you just trying to clean out your fridge?

What did you name it?

Musicman

He is unable to respond... I believe the resulting heart attack did him in  :D

Manfred318

Quote from: Musicman on April 25, 2010, 11:01:30 PM
He is unable to respond... I believe the resulting heart attack did him in  :D
:lol: :lol:

My heart hurts just lookin at that thing, but man it looks good. :drool5:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

mikepmcs

I at about 1/3rd. It tasted horrible.  :icon_smile_cool: :2thumbs:

I'm still here.  Need to run a few extra minutes this morning.

"Heart Attack in a Bun"

:icon_smile_big:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

That is a challenge for Adam on the tv show, "Man vs. Food". I bet he could eat all that no problem, considering he has ate much bigger things. :yesnod:

Looks yummy though  :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Musicman

I really shouldn't poke fun here... In my younger days I would quite regularly order and eat a large Bacon Cheeseburger Grinder, which is pretty much the same thing as eating 5 large bacon cheeseburgers in one sitting.
This probably explains why I have had so many heart attacks in the last 20 years :scratchchin:

69rtse4spd

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 25, 2010, 09:42:19 PM
what I made for dinner.
what you are looking at is on an entire loaf of bread.  5 hamburger patties, 8 pieces of bacon, bunch of ham, capocollo, genoa salami, hard salami, provolone, onions, tomatoes. mayo and mustard.

How about the (silent service), hope this quote thing workes.

mikepmcs

Would you be referencing a Submarine (re:silent service)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Speaking of Submarine Sandwich.  Here is a recipe I duplicated of the sub I used to eat when I was in High School from a place called Little King in Bellevue, Nebraska.

Get a nice loaf of fresh Italian(not the hard crust kind)

Sweet Capocollo
Virginia Smoked Ham
Hard Salami
Prosciutto
Provolone
Tomatoes
Shredded lettuce
Onions
Hellmann's Mayo
... and the secret ingredient.... equal parts Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil with oregano and salt(mix it all together and add oregano and salt to suit your taste)
Slice the loaf in half and spread one side with the oil/vinegar mix)
Squirt the mayo generously on the other side
Layer the mayo half with generous, equal, amounts of meat and the cheese.
top that with tomatoes and then the sliced onion(not all diced up, like thin slices instead) then the shredded lettuce.
put other half (oil/vin half) on top

Slice it up. Best subs i've ever had.  Better than subway, quiznos, etc.....
I think it was because back in 84' they were very generous with the meats and stuff.

chargergirl

For you guys that can't cook:
easiest salsa
one can rotel (mild or medium...the hot, you can't feel your tongue).
fresh cilantro to taste / don't like it leave it out i put a fat grab...1 cup
a bit of onion chopped about 1/4 of a small onion chopped
tiny piece of garlic / or a touch of garlic powder tsp or less
3-4 drops of lime juice / Nellie and Joes Key lime juice is the best!
blend the living tar out of it.
Take this to any party as your signature dish and never let them know how you make it...it taste better than most salsas on the market and it's simple. I make salsa from scratch and so does one of my co-workers...in fact I would even venture to call him a salsa snob...he and his wife love this recipe especially when you can't get home grown tomatoes. More easy stuff to come!
Trust your Woobie!

Old Moparz

I thought I remembered that there was a food thread. I've been using the same recipe passed down from my family for several generations. I was told that it was brought over to the states when my Great Grandparents arrived here as immigrants. Not much has changed in the way it's prepared, but the results are the same.

Ingredients:
2 to 4 slices of bread
1 to 2 tablespoons of butter
1 to 2 tablespoons of jelly (flavor of your liking)

Instructions:
Put 2 to 4 bread slices into toaster
Adjust temperature dial to desired setting
Press lever to lower bread
Lean over toaster to verify metal wires glow orange
Wait for toaster to pop up, or find a toast length task to occupy time
Remove toasted bread from toaster & place on plate
Spread butter & jelly on toasted bread & eat

** Note: Temperature knob might be the equivalent to a Fisher Price steering wheel & may not adjust temperature, so if smoke rises from slots, remove ignited bread & scrape to salvage.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 10, 2011, 09:46:18 AM
I thought I remembered that there was a food thread. I've been using the same recipe passed down from my family for several generations. I was told that it was brought over to the states when my Great Grandparents arrived here as immigrants. Not much has changed in the way it's prepared, but the results are the same.

Ingredients:
2 to 4 slices of bread
1 to 2 tablespoons of butter
1 to 2 tablespoons of jelly (flavor of your liking)

Instructions:
Put 2 to 4 bread slices into toaster
Adjust temperature dial to desired setting
Press lever to lower bread
Lean over toaster to verify metal wires glow orange
Wait for toaster to pop up, or find a toast length task to occupy time
Remove toasted bread from toaster & place on plate
Spread butter & jelly on toasted bread & eat

** Note: Temperature knob might be the equivalent to a Fisher Price steering wheel & may not adjust temperature, so if smoke rises from slots, remove ignited bread & scrape to salvage.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Orange_Crush

Get yourself a pork picnic with the skin on, set it aside.

Crush 6 cloves of garlic is a pestle, add 1 TSP fresh ground pepper and ½ TSP cumin.  Heat ¼ cup olive oil and add garlic and cook 30 seconds to 45 seconds.  Add ¾ cup sour orange juice (available at any latin grocery) or ½ orange ½ lime juice mix and 1/2TSP salt.  Simmer for 15 minutes tasting occasionally.  Add salt if needed.

Remove from heat and cool marinade.

While marinade is cooling, cut a3x2 diamond pattern into picnic skin and underlying fat being VERY CAREFUL not to cut into meat.  Once marinade is cooled, pour approx. half of the marinade (with chunks of garlic and pepper) on picnic.  Rub marinade into meat, especially in skin areas that have been scored and cover and refrigerate overnight.

Go out in your backyard with a sixpack of ice cold beer in a cooler.  Buy or steal enough bricks or cinderblocks to build a pit with inside dimensions approx. 36 x 30 inches and a grate height about 26 inches (overall height about 34-36 inches).  Stack the bricks in a staggered fashion to build the pit...mortar is not needed...just lay the bricks or blocks on top of each other.  Make sure that there is no grass or weeds at the bottom of the pit.  I do this by building the pit on a dirt area (easiest way) or raking up the grass. DO NOT USE HERBICIDE OF ANY TYPE...unless you want to die, if that's the case, spray the hell out of it and rest in peace.  To support the grate inside the pit, stack bricks against the inner walls (I use the grates off my gas grille)

By this time, you should have a pretty good buzz so, go inside and relax and get to bed early.  Have the wife give you a peter pet if you so desire.

Drag yourself out of bed at 3AM....shuffle to the fridge, scratching your ass and/or balls.  WASH YOUR HANDS and take the meat out of the fridge.  Leave it on the counter, covered and go outside PUT SOME CLOTHES ON FIRST FERCHRISSAKE!  I KNOW ITS 3AM, BUT STILL!  BESIDES, YOU'RE GONNA BE PLAYING WITH FIRE!

Grab the bag of LUMP charcoal you should have (If you use briquettes of any kind, please turn in your man card) and fill the TWO starter chimneys you should ALSO have and place 2-3 sheets of wadded up newspaper under each one.  Light the newspaper and let the charcoal come up to a nice burn you'll know its there because its no longer smoking at all (should take about 20 minutes).  Dump your two chimneys full of charcoal in the bottom of the pit and using a small rake or hoe (chuckle) rake them to each side (narrow side) of the pit.  You don't want any charcoal directly under the grate.  Grab another handful or so of charcoal and place it on top of the charcoal that's already burning.  Go inside and bandage the third degree burns on your arms and hands. 

Go to the kitchen, grab your pork (hee) and head out to the pit.  Put the grates on the pit and place the pork on them.  Cover the pit completely with aluminum foil and then place a piece of plywood over it.   To keep it in place and cover the pit in its entirety.  Go inside and go back to sleep.  By this time, it should be around 4:30AM.

Wake up around 7AM and head back out to the pit.  Place more charcoal on the embers and re-cover.  You want your pit temp to be around 250-275 degrees.  Use a thermometer if you need to, I've done this so much I can guess at it.  Go back inside and take out a couple of ripe tomatoes, red onion, some fresh cilantro, beer, water, and white vinegar as well as some red onion.  Chop the onion, cilantro, and tomato and add about 1.5 cups of water, about a cup of beer and ¼ cup of vinegar.  Add salt and sugar to taste.  Put it back in your fridge and hate me for making you wake up so damned early.

Go to the grocery store and pick up some crusty Kaiser rolls...and more beer.

Come back, check on your fire.  Add charcoal as needed (it doesn't take much to keep the fire going and temp up).  Every time you check the charcoal, baste the pork with the marinade you reserved.

Repeat the above process until about 3PM.  At that time, remove your pork from the pit and take it back into the kitchen.  Pull the skin off and try to avoid eating it all since it will be nice and crispy and delicious.  Wrap the skinless meat in foil and wrap with a thick towel and place in a small cooler for an hour. 

Drink a beer since you're in the home stretch...what the hell...drink two.

Take the meat out of the cooler, unwrap, and pull apart with your bare hands, place it in a bowl with the skin on top and ENJOY!  Use the "agrio" sauce that you made earlier as a topping for the meat.  Make a sandwich out of the whole thing.  Bask in the glow of the adoration you will receive from anyone who eats it. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Stretch

Recipe for Venison or beef. (Much better on venison)

1 ½ cup salad oil
¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire
½ cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley flakes

Marinade in Ziploc bag for 24 hours.

Go outside and light your grill! I don't care if its winter cook this on the grill and stop being such a Nancy boy! You'll thank me later.
If your grill uses gas, it's not a grill! It's just an outdoor oven!
This is good grilled over gas just not as good. Thats why any GOOD professional grill chef uses charcoal. I'm also a little biased, I live in Kingsford Michigan, where charcoal was invented!

Enjoy
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

67440chrg

This time of year everyone has squash and zukini here is a good way to use it.
1 jar red spaghetti sauce
1 or 2- 8" or so squash
1 or 2- 8" or so zukini
1/2 cup shredded mild cheader cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Slice squash and zukini cross ways into 1/2" circles.
Season the slices with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a skillet put a small amount of olive oil fry them until real light brown on each side.
Pour sauce in a baking dish 1/2" deep size of dish depends on amount of vegs.
place sq and zukini 2 to 3 thick in pan on top of sauce not mixing it.
cover cook at 350 for about 20 min un cover spread cheese on top cook for 15 to 20 min let the
cheese melt and start to turn a little dark and it is done.

67440chrg

Here is something from my youth we always had a garden. I call it fried stew. Chose your own favorite vegs to use.
1 1/2 cups okra cut in 1" long pieces.
1 med size purple onion chopped
2 small squash chopped
1 or 2 green tomatoes chopped
4 med potatoes chopped
2 or 3 table spoons Cajun seasoning just a decent brand premixed.
salt & pepper to taste
Garlic or cayenne pepper if you like.

If you want to make it a complete meal brown some burger and throw in the pan with it.
Toss all vegs and seasonings in a bag to mix well.Fry in a skillet until potatoes are done.
My wife makes me use olive oil but it is best with veg oil or even better with some bacon grease like when I was young.