News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Larry's daytona is priced right

Started by chargerbird, May 18, 2008, 10:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerbird

you know doing a daytona clone is worth what he is asking..I am doing one, and it takes a lot of effort...there are always mopar freaks who are looking at buying bargen basement prices and with the issue of our economy, and gas costs...they are coming out of the wood work..no reason for people to get up in arms...thanks :popcrn:

xs29l8b

Ghoste

I like the little one on the roof.  :icon_smile_cool:

suntech

QuoteI like the little one on the roof. 

That is the size they can get if 5 K is what they have :D :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Old Moparz

Quote from: chargerbird on May 18, 2008, 10:45:01 PM
you know doing a daytona clone is worth what he is asking..I am doing one, and it takes a lot of effort...there are always mopar freaks who are looking at buying bargen basement prices and with the issue of our economy, and gas costs...they are coming out of the wood work..no reason for people to get up in arms...thanks :popcrn:

I agree, parts alone add up fast. Before you know it, you're into a project with a high price tag that can scare you if you think too much about it.....LOL. As far as Larry's car goes, the work he's done, based on photos, looks good. I haven't seen it in person, but others on the board have, & at least there is a record of the progress for anyone who'd consider buying it. I know would, but I already have a Daytona project as well as other cars & can't even think about it.

If you look at most project cars, or even completed ones, you don't get the chance to see the before, during, & after. In a lot of cases you'll see polished turds with quickie paint jobs to unload on some poor sap. I've looked at enough cars since I started driving back in 1980 to know a decent one from a halpag POS. Personally I'd like to see Larry finish his car, but we all have our reasons not to. I stated in his locked thread that he'd sell it quick for one price even though it was worth 2 to 3 times more.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: chargerbird on May 18, 2008, 10:45:01 PM
isnt the chargerpeter's car in the picture
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

My thoughts exactly. Looks like the same car to me.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ghoste

As far as the "freaks"  coming out of the woodwork, I know that there is just no way Larry could ever bring such an action on himself with his warm and fuzzy style.  :D :sarcasmalert:

BigBlockSam

Quoteisnt the chargerpeter's car in the picture

that sure is Peter's car.  :scratchchin:   i call shenanigans  :hah:

yea , yea , Larry's car's worth the money . losta crap out there . bad economy, now Larry go play with you f-ing boats . then come back and get the car done over the winter . it'll be worth alot more painted . even more with the drive train in it.

its easy to quit in life when things get tight  , the hard thing is to get it done! Now go race some boats will ya. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

FIRE SALE , 23 K FOR EVERYTHING .6093152640

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

I SOLD THE HEMI FOR 15 K!!!!!!!!!!  YOU GET A HEMI 4 SPEED TRANS !!!! EVERYTHING  BUT ENGINE

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

He'd have to get another Hemi now.

BigBlockSam

throw a 440 in it . and get it running bitch!

petercharger

What is the price that he wants for the car now??? Have a neighbor that likes mine and was asking if i would build another...I said no...so what is Larry really wanting for the car?? thanks  :scratchchin: :yesnod: :popcrn:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

69_500

Scroll up 5 replies.
Quote from: daytonalo on May 29, 2008, 06:40:17 PM

FIRE SALE , 23 K FOR EVERYTHING .6093152640

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck