News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Dash Pad

Started by My68Charger, May 18, 2008, 06:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My68Charger

Does any one have any tips on how to remove the dash pad from a 68 Charger? It needs to be replaced and I don't want to removed the windshield if I don't have to.

UFO

It can done, you just need a few extensions and some patience.Helps to remove glove box.
A-pillar trim has to come off first.

471_Magnum

No reason to remove the windshield. Does help to have the gauges out though.

It's a bitch. No doubt about that, but as stated above, it can be done.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Paul 500

Its held on with 6 of those speed nuts
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

My68Charger

Thanks I will let you know how it goes.

68 RT

The end ones are the hardest to get at. I also removed my glove box, but left gages in place. When I put mine back in I did not install the speed nuts on the ends, no problems for 7 years. Before you start disconnect the negitive battery cable. Just in case.

challenger70

I thought some of the bolts/whatever are coverd up by th ebottom of the windshield...interesting... :scratchchin:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

jaak

Quote from: challenger70 on June 02, 2008, 10:40:01 AM
I thought some of the bolts/whatever are coverd up by th ebottom of the windshield...interesting... :scratchchin:

The bolts for the dash frame are under the windshield, but the bolts for dash pad is directly behind pad on dash frame.

Jason