News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flow numbers for set of worked Victor heads

Started by Musicman, May 18, 2008, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

A friend on another site did some work on a set of Eddy Victor heads for his neighbor. I ask him if he was finished yet..

Yes... I think these heads are going to give Indy heads a run for the money.
int ex
.100- 88 76
.200- 170 145
.300- 220 194
.400- 277 236
.500- 324 259 284 with pipe
.600- 350 260
.700- 368 252
.800- 372 255 294 with pipe
2.250 in valve,1.810 ex 4.500 bore fixture at 28 in h2o,on a 1020 superflow
bench. on a 600 bench the int is about 10-12 cfm better.the ex peaked at
.600 lift with out a pipe because it's a short port plus i made the port big.
324cc int and 85cc ex

mally69

:o those flow better than my indy heads on my 512.   They look to be a good head. Just by chance would he happen to have the flow numbers before he did any port work?

73charger528cid

those #S are great wish I went with victors instead of performers oh well a mod for a later date :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Those are excellent numbers but the ports are rather large for a 440 based engine.  :scratchchin:  Perfect for a hot 500 in stroker though  :icon_smile_big:

It's not all just about the flow numbers....port velocity is equally if not moreso as important.  ;)

I'm assuming he opened up the intake ports to max-wedge  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on May 18, 2008, 07:33:54 PM
:o those flow better than my indy heads on my 512.   They look to be a good head. Just by chance would he happen to have the flow numbers before he did any port work?

The intake ports are also 30cc bigger...and that will affect port velocity. A better head to head (no pun intended  :lol:) comparison would be the Indy 325cc cnc'd Big Easy cylinder head.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Musicman

:iagree:  However, I believe he was hinting at the Victors price / performance  compared to the Indy's.  :cheers:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Musicman on May 19, 2008, 08:10:03 PM
:iagree:  However, I believe he was hinting at the Victors price / performance  compared to the Indy's.  :cheers:

True enough Mike....but the finished cost on the heads might be close to the ICH's depending on what he charges for porting.  ;)

The Victors also require an expensive offset rocker arm as well so you need to factor in not only the base cost but the total cost to get them up and running on an engine.  :Twocents:

Ron

Musicman

Yeah Ron, it all comes out in the wash one way or another, no free rides  :yesnod:

Either way... I just posted the numbers for future reference (head potential), let someone else haggle over the price... right  :2thumbs:

kamkuda

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 19, 2008, 08:16:33 PM
Quote from: Musicman on May 19, 2008, 08:10:03 PM

True enough Mike....but the finished cost on the heads might be close to the ICH's depending on what he charges for porting.  ;)

The Victors also require an expensive offset rocker arm as well so you need to factor in not only the base cost but the total cost to get them up and running on an engine.  :Twocents:

Ron

Ron They are not that bad for pricing.  http://www.hughesengines.com/partDetail.asp?partID=12705  Unless you already have a set of Harland Sharps and don't want to buy another set of rockers. :icon_smile_wink:  I don't know the quality of these or how well they hold up to big spring pressures. :popcrn:

Rob