News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let the truth be told.....my new ride!! '08 Daytona

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 18, 2008, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on May 25, 2008, 09:37:15 AM
Quote from: bull on May 25, 2008, 12:21:02 AM
Give what a rest? I'm staying on message (unlike the politicians). I'd get get lambasted even worse if I joined in the love fest. :nana: I'll stop when they change the name of the car or I get booted off the site, whichever comes first. :cheers:
Or you could just shut up. Maybe start your own thread about how the new Charger isn't really a Charger and let that one go all to hell? Why hijack someone else's thread to inject your point of view? Especially a thread about someone else's car (I'm a bit sensitive to member bashing and you're getting awfully close). No one asked your opinion because we've heard it non-stop for four (or five?) years. At this point, it's just really annoying. Politicians change their message when the one they've been using isn't having any effect (or when they start to look one dimensional).

As for the new Charger owners out there, I see that several after market companies are now making grills for these cars. I really can't stand that crosshair grill - although it's blacked out on many of the performance models like Chris'. That's why I've always been partial to black SRT-8s. The base models with the chrome grill are even worse. I really don't like the Daytona stripe either (although that's easy enough to remedy). There's one at a local dealer and I stopped to look at it yesterday.

Troy

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

I REALLY REALLY REALLY keep trying to like the new one... front is pretty cool then I get to the back doors.  Not so much that it is a 4-door it's that the back door and rear end fugle it up.  Driving one felt like I had an extra 5' of back end on the damn thing kinda "wallowing" in the mud. Kept calling it "elephant ass"  Sure hope the Challenger doesn't have the same "feel" to it...

The SRT and "Daytona" options are pretty cool, SRT especially with the MEAN ASS front profile.

"Magnum" would have been a good name for the 4-door car...

(and yeah, I realize this is just my opinion)
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

68RT4ME

Give what a rest? I'm staying on message (unlike the politicians). I'd get get lambasted even worse if I joined in the love fest. :nana: I'll stop when they change the name of the car or I get booted off the site, whichever comes first. :cheers:
Or you could just shut up. Maybe start your own thread about how the new Charger isn't really a Charger and let that one go all to hell? Why hijack someone else's thread to inject your point of view? Especially a thread about someone else's car (I'm a bit sensitive to member bashing and you're getting awfully close). No one asked your opinion because we've heard it non-stop for four (or five?) years. At this point, it's just really annoying. Politicians change their message when the one they've been using isn't having any effect (or when they start to look one dimensional).

As for the new Charger owners out there, I see that several after market companies are now making grills for these cars. I really can't stand that crosshair grill - although it's blacked out on many of the performance models like Chris'. That's why I've always been partial to black SRT-8s. The base models with the chrome grill are even worse. I really don't like the Daytona stripe either (although that's easy enough to remedy). There's one at a local dealer and I stopped to look at it yesterday.

Troy

Thank you Troy. Extremely well put.  :2thumbs:  Chris, Not sure I said it but, I love the car (Charger) especially the color as you can imagine. Congrats... :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

bull

Troy

Wow. Interesting tirade. I don't remember bashing anyone personally (which is what the above looks a lot like to me) about this car but as you've said I've been very clear about my disdain for it since its introduction. Actually, not so much for the car per se as the decision to call it Charger and what a slap in the face that has been. I've only said what I've said because I have the utmost love and respect for the real Chargers and I'm very disappointed with the new Chrysler's lack of the same and disappointment with some people's acceptance of the creation of a mediocre stand-in rather than a tribute. Feel free to boot me off the site though, Troy. If this site is going to turn into a new "Charger" site there's no place for me here anyway.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on May 25, 2008, 11:03:51 PM
If this site is going to turn into a new "Charger" site there's no place for me here anyway.

Curtis, its dodgecharger.com....meaning ALL Chargers
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Troy

Troy

Wow. Interesting tirade. I don't remember bashing anyone personally (which is what the above looks a lot like to me) about this car but as you've said I've been very clear about my disdain for it since its introduction. Actually, not so much for the car per se as the decision to call it Charger and what a slap in the face that has been. I've only said what I've said because I have the utmost love and respect for the real Chargers and I'm very disappointed with the new Chrysler's lack of the same and disappointment with some people's acceptance of the creation of a mediocre stand-in rather than a tribute. Feel free to boot me off the site though, Troy. If this site is going to turn into a new "Charger" site there's no place for me here anyway.
I wasn't aware that there were any changes being made to the format of the site. :shruggy: Expecting members to show some courtesy to others has always been in place. I shouldn't have to say anything (or go on a tirade as you call it) but if you insist on acting immature then I have no choice. Perhaps if there were a dedicated section for the new Charger you'd avoid reading or posting in it? I highly doubt it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 25, 2008, 11:45:04 PM
If this site is going to turn into a new "Charger" site there's no place for me here anyway.

Curtis, its dodgecharger.com....meaning ALL Chargers

Nacho ----> :slap:<---- Cody
:rotz:
;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

Quote from: Troy on May 26, 2008, 12:15:11 AM

Troy

I wasn't aware that there were any changes being made to the format of the site. :shruggy: Expecting members to show some courtesy to others has always been in place. I shouldn't have to say anything (or go on a tirade as you call it) but if you insist on acting immature then I have no choice. Perhaps if there were a dedicated section for the new Charger you'd avoid reading or posting in it? I highly doubt it.

Troy

Don't fool yourself into thinking you've cornered the market on maturity with your treatment of this. Telling someone to shut up doesn't exactly scream the "courtesy" you mention above does it? The difference between you and I is that I'm speaking my mind about an inanimate object. Like I said, if I'm going to be forced to "shut up" about the new "Charger" you might as well ban me from the site because that's the only way it's going to happen. Or I'll leave. Either option will work for me.

Yes, a separate section would be nice and I would avoid it like the plague but I and a lot of other people are under the assumption that this site was created for hobbyists of the 66-74 Charger with the occasional and infrequent mention of other cars. When I start seeing three or four references to the new "Charger" on the main page I start to wonder if this has lost its vision. I guess ChargerBill was right when he said he would like to see the site be made exclusive to the CLASSIC Charger.

Accept the new "Charger"? Sorry. Death First! :2thumbs: :nana:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Man, I really don't know what to say here....maybe this will suffice....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 26, 2008, 07:38:53 AM
Man, I really don't know what to say here....maybe this will suffice....

F the haters bro...you just got yourself a hell of a car and that's all there is to it! :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

TK73

Hey Curtis, I'm gonna rent an '08 to drive to the Kent Charger meet... you can throw rocks at me   :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

uscg charger

here are a few pics of my Charger R/t bored and stroked......pretty sure when I'm at a light I'll be the faster of the two...lol

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on May 26, 2008, 03:21:38 AM
Quote from: Troy on May 26, 2008, 12:15:11 AM

Troy

Troy

Don't fool yourself into thinking you've cornered the market on maturity with your treatment of this. Telling someone to shut up doesn't exactly scream the "courtesy" you mention above does it? The difference between you and I is that I'm speaking my mind about an inanimate object. Like I said, if I'm going to be forced to "shut up" about the new "Charger" you might as well ban me from the site because that's the only way it's going to happen. Or I'll leave. Either option will work for me.

Yes, a separate section would be nice and I would avoid it like the plague but I and a lot of other people are under the assumption that this site was created for hobbyists of the 66-74 Charger with the occasional and infrequent mention of other cars. When I start seeing three or four references to the new "Charger" on the main page I start to wonder if this has lost its vision. I guess ChargerBill was right when he said he would like to see the site be made exclusive to the CLASSIC Charger.

Accept the new "Charger"? Sorry. Death First! :2thumbs: :nana:

Buddy, you have some serious issues. Ok, Ok, We get it. This just in, Bull Hates the fact that the New Charger is called a Charger to begin with. Film at 11:00. The thing is, no one here is trying to cram the car down your throat. You can call it what you want. Lord knows you have to no end. This thread was/is about the guy getting a new car. You said your piece. Let it go. We don't need a separate section just for an occasional thread about this car simply because you don't like it. Why not just ignore it since it's not your cup of tea. I don't post in every thread on this site. Just what I like and want to contribute to. You can do the same and no one gets bent including yourself. I feel that not only are you bashing the car but anyone who owns one or likes it. Your trying to impose your will on the subject. I've no problem with you or what you choose to drive. Free county remember. Enjoy you Hyundai  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

ACUDANUT

You have to respect Bull for standing tall and not backing down on the Charger name.  However, noone is going to get Dodge to rebadge their 4-door car that they Claim is a Charger,Daytona and Superbee...They did get the CHALLENGER right though. Also, just be glad he bought a AMERICAN CAR and not a Toyota.  :patriot:

Chris G.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 26, 2008, 12:43:28 PM
You have to respect Bull for standing tall and not backing down on the Charger name. 

How can one be respected if they themselves cannot respect someone for having their own opinion?

ps- Your car is catchy. My avatar is showing that.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on May 26, 2008, 01:01:43 PM

ps- Your car is catchy. My avatar is showing that.

Aww shizzle....do I see #0003 in your future? :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 26, 2008, 02:10:00 PM
Aww shizzle....do I see #0003 in your future? :scratchchin:

At least I am using your actual car. You have some sort of magazine shot for your av. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me.  :rotz: :laugh:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: uscg charger on May 26, 2008, 12:33:14 PM
here are a few pics of my Charger R/t bored and stroked......pretty sure when I'm at a light I'll be the faster of the two...lol

Give me six months man...      by then if things go according to plan i'll be running a 7.0L stroker with a Paxton   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

uscg charger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 26, 2008, 02:57:49 PM
Quote from: uscg charger on May 26, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

Give me six months man...      by then if things go according to plan i'll be running a 7.0L stroker with a Paxton   :2thumbs:

I wish u the best buddy! lol

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 26, 2008, 12:37:20 PM
The thing is, no one here is trying to cram the car down your throat. You can call it what you want. Lord knows you have to no end. This thread was/is about the guy getting a new car. You said your piece. Let it go. Why not just ignore it since it's not your cup of tea.

:iagree:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

Wow this thread took a real turn over the weekend. I leave for 2 days to enjoy a little camping and boating, and come back and see that things don't change though.

Still like the new CHARGER. Love the SRT-8's. Have liked them since day one. Love the new B5 blue color on them. Do not like the new Daytona stripes, or the Superbee decals though. Just me though.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69charger2002

not to hijack the thread, but USCG charger, what kind/size wheels are you running on that black charger? those are killer!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bsakal

Nice car Chris, congrats on the purchase. I have to admit, when the new Charger came out I absolutely hated it. But it grows on you after a while, I've seen tons of them on the road, they're not so bad. Have fun with it. :2thumbs:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69charger2002 on May 26, 2008, 07:09:14 PM
not to hijack the thread, but USCG charger, what kind/size wheels are you running on that black charger? those are killer!
trav

They look like 20" Foose Nitrous. Might be 22's though..for some reason that 5 spoke type design makes the wheels look smaller than they are.

I'm always being asked if my Torq Thrusts are 20's...theyre 22's.