News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let the truth be told.....my new ride!! '08 Daytona

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 18, 2008, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

He would have been burned at the stake. :flame: (of course) :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on May 22, 2008, 09:31:37 PM
nice car man, yet the stripe on the bottom reminds me of a mustang

I thought so as well but looking at the "big" picture it now seems more AAR 'Cuda ish with the strobe effect.....it is in a traditional Mustang lower body place though...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dan T

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on May 22, 2008, 08:24:02 PM
straight stock ..no mods.. 14.2 @ 95+.. was best I could get in 2 passes.. It should be in the 13s..?? Probably just my reaction times??
I stall haven't taken mine down the track, but planning on doing so this summer. I think 14.2 is very respectable for a 4000 pound 4 door car. In the '90's, if you had a new car running low 14's you had a fast car!!
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

bull

Shakey

Quote from: Dan T on May 23, 2008, 05:33:46 PM
straight stock ..no mods.. 14.2 @ 95+.. was best I could get in 2 passes.. It should be in the 13s..?? Probably just my reaction times??
I stall haven't taken mine down the track, but planning on doing so this summer. I think 14.2 is very respectable for a 4000 pound 4 door car. In the '90's, if you had a new car running low 14's you had a fast car!!

If you plan on taking it to Toronto Motorsports Park near Cayuga, ON let me know when you're going and meybe I'll meet you there.  The family farm is not too far away and when I am out there on the weekends working on my car I can hear the Top Fuel cars going down the track.

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on May 23, 2008, 06:05:49 PM
This thread is gay. :girlfight:

Yet you keep reading it....lol.  Thank you Mr. Negative..... :slap:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on May 23, 2008, 06:29:27 PM
Quote from: Dan T on May 23, 2008, 05:33:46 PM

If you plan on taking it to Toronto Motorsports Park near Cayuga, ON let me know when you're going and meybe I'll meet you there.  The family farm is not too far away and when I am out there on the weekends working on my car I can hear the Top Fuel cars going down the track.

Sounds good shakey!
I think the LX guys are planning a date there, I'll keep you posted. Id also like to check your car out when I'm up there if that works for you.
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 23, 2008, 09:10:56 PM

Someone's got to shine the light that leads you lost souls out of the wilderness, a lighthouse in the dead of winter night to warn and welcome weary sailors lost at sea, a guardian to preserve and protect the proud Charger name from those enemies, foreign and domestic, who seek to sully and dishonor it. That, my friend, is I. :ricky:

Now, a show of hands please. Who'd like to see the name of this thing changed from "Charger" to Phagnum sedan?
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BrianShaughnessy

It wasn't until you made it that way  ::)

Congrats again Chris...  enjoy the ride  :cheers:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

69fuchs

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on May 24, 2008, 03:26:08 AM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 23, 2008, 09:10:56 PM

Someone's got to shine the light that leads you lost souls out of the wilderness, a lighthouse in the dead of winter night to warn and welcome weary sailors lost at sea, a guardian to preserve and protect the proud Charger name from those enemies, foreign and domestic, who seek to sully and dishonor it. That, my friend, is I. :ricky:

Now, a show of hands please. Who'd like to see the name of this thing changed from "Charger" to Phagnum sedan?
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

C'mon now... You know you love it. You can't tear yourself away from this tread. You check it over and over and post and post. Pretending to try and sway us away from them and all the while, your wishing you could get one. Isn't that right?  :pity:  :rofl:

Just admit it. You want this..... :yesnod:

These 2 are brothers and that's just the way it is and will be.  Sorry for the highjacking of the thread "Just6T9 ChGR

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

472 R/T SE

68RT4ME, again, those are some damn fine lookin CHARGERS you have.  I'd venture to say I like the Super Bee better.  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 24, 2008, 05:57:53 PM

C'mon now... You know you love it. You can't tear yourself away from this tread. You check it over and over and post and post. Pretending to try and sway us away from them and all the while, your wishing you could get one. Isn't that right?  :pity:  :rofl:

Yea, it looks fine. But don't try to make me call it a Charger when it's clearly NOT.

For all that's been said about this car, good or bad, there's almost a universal agreement here and elsewhere that it should NOT have been given the name it was given. End of story. It's kind of pathetic that so many people have bowed to the will of the dealers (who are often referred to as the lowest form of human life) that wanted this car to be misnamed from its onset.

69charger2002

chris, congrats on your new car. i like the wheels and the color, but i think the car is ugly as sin. i bet it's fast and fun to drive. oh and even though you're proud of your new toy, PLEASE change your avatar back to the beautiful 69  :2thumbs: it shouldn't get punished because of a little ol power steering leak..
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Troy

Give it a rest Bull. Chris' new car (what this thread is about) says "Charger" on the title. Obviously he - as well as many other people - actually likes it. Go rain on someone else's parade (or thread).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

aone415

Chris... saw your car in person tonite @ the Whiskey, very nice ride man congrats on the purchase :2thumbs:  You gonna do any mods to it?

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Guys, guys....chill....Its a new car...nothing more.  Nothing to get the panties in a bunch about  :girlfight:

The thread wasn't opened for a debate on the name Dodge should have given the car...that debate was over in the spring of 2005.  Give it up!   ..it is what it is.

PS----Did I tell you 50mph-110mph puts a big grin on your face?  :angel:

PSS--its only an avatar pic.....wait till I get them both together for a photo shoot ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: aone415 on May 24, 2008, 09:03:56 PM
Chris... saw your car in person tonite @ the Whiskey, very nice ride man congrats on the purchase :2thumbs:  You gonna do any mods to it?
You did?  Sorry I missed you.  Mods?  nah not really in the sense of performance wise (yet any way)  Stil "playing" with the car....the owners manual is the size of a small encyclopedia....who has time to read?  :D
I did add a set of mud guards & did the "hood strut" mod already :nana:  ;) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

aone415

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 24, 2008, 09:06:57 PM
Quote from: aone415 on May 24, 2008, 09:03:56 PM
You did?  Sorry I missed you.  Mods?  nah not really in the sense of performance wise (yet any way)  Stil "playing" with the car....the owners manual is the size of a small encyclopedia....who has time to read?  :D
I did add a set of mud guards & did the "hood strut" mod already :nana:  ;) ;)

Well you do know that TTi does make headers for that thing now  :scratchchin:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dan T

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 24, 2008, 09:05:07 PM
The thread wasn't opened for a debate on the name Dodge should have given the car...that debate was over in the spring of 2005.  Give it up!   ..it is what it is.

PS----Did I tell you 50mph-110mph puts a big grin on your face?  :angel:

PSS--its only an avatar pic.....wait till I get them both together for a photo shoot ;)

Yup, Yup, & Yup!!

:2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

bull

Give what a rest? I'm staying on message (unlike the politicians). I'd get get lambasted even worse if I joined in the love fest. :nana: I'll stop when they change the name of the car or I get booted off the site, whichever comes first. :cheers:

Troy

Quote from: bull on May 25, 2008, 12:21:02 AM
Give what a rest? I'm staying on message (unlike the politicians). I'd get get lambasted even worse if I joined in the love fest. :nana: I'll stop when they change the name of the car or I get booted off the site, whichever comes first. :cheers:
Or you could just shut up. Maybe start your own thread about how the new Charger isn't really a Charger and let that one go all to hell? Why hijack someone else's thread to inject your point of view? Especially a thread about someone else's car (I'm a bit sensitive to member bashing and you're getting awfully close). No one asked your opinion because we've heard it non-stop for four (or five?) years. At this point, it's just really annoying. Politicians change their message when the one they've been using isn't having any effect (or when they start to look one dimensional).

As for the new Charger owners out there, I see that several after market companies are now making grills for these cars. I really can't stand that crosshair grill - although it's blacked out on many of the performance models like Chris'. That's why I've always been partial to black SRT-8s. The base models with the chrome grill are even worse. I really don't like the Daytona stripe either (although that's easy enough to remedy). There's one at a local dealer and I stopped to look at it yesterday.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Now you know I aint all with the four door thing either but that B-5 SRT floats my boat...  :shruggy:
Congrats Chris,..  :2thumbs: