News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let the truth be told.....my new ride!! '08 Daytona

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 18, 2008, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Been waiting since '05 for them to come out with the Hemi Orange Daytona's.....this year the new Daytona color (and reported only color) for the '08's is Hemi Orange.  Took a test drive at a Dodge dealer show last weekend & I was hooked.

I went to the Mopars @ Englishtown show yesterday with the '69.  Left early to go to the dealer to pick up my new '08.  Only to find out I won peoples choice in my class with the '69  :coolgleamA:

Todays forecast wasnt looking so hot sooooo since I had the new one and this will be my daily driver I figured why not...picked up my bud Ronnie (RJS) and cruised to the show.  I put the car in the show as well....class 54 New style Charger Stock & Modified.  Look at the pic...notice the ORIGINAL window sticker I sported at the show? ;)

Turns out I was the only one in my class...I won first place!  :rofl:  I only had the car for half a day and already she's a show winner!!  :smilielol:

Now go easy on me all you new Charger haters.... :angel:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

leeandgrant

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

TruckDriver

Congrats on the peoples choice awards :cheers: :yesnod:

I'm sorry about the Daytona :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

justin1987

Where's the picture of the two Chargers together?  :icon_smile_big:

runningman

69*F5*SE

Hemidog

A very nice car!
Heck, weren't they so damn expensive over here, I would buy one too!  :coolgleamA:

Chris G.

Haters can say what they want, but that car is bad azz. You got compliments up that wa-zoo. Sure the trophy thing was a little overboard (and the fact that you actually posted pics of them  :P), but it's a sweet car. You are making me want to follow your footsteps. I love the new color.

ps- The license plate finally fits the car. I love it.  :cheers:

69_500

Congrats on the people's choice award for the 69 Chris. However not sure on the winning something for being the only car in the class for the Daytona though, JK. If it wasn't for getting something for being the only one in the class I wouldn't have ever taken home an award. Got 1st place in the under 25 group 5 years ago with my 500, incidentally was the only one to show up that was under 25 years old.

Dodge Don

Classic  :smilielol:

Congrats Chris on adding two more trophies to the pile  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

:o  Wow, I think that is fantastic.  Can you really use it as a driver?  Me, I'm unfixable in that logic.  It would be a classic to me new or not and I would go anal on it.  Awesome color, couldn't go to a better guy.  Enjoy.  Hey is it faster than the 6t9?

:drive:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70 Battle Horse

WAY COOL !!!!  Now you need some "book ends" pics.  I went to a local show today with my Daytona...and it was well received, and a ot of my old school mopar buddies were all over it. BTW ,as we were walking by the T shirt vendor ...I spied your "69  at the boat launch" pirated picture on a t shirt. I told a few guys the story ! Again CONGRATS on the awards and the purchase!!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for all the kind words guys!    I definitely have to get a photo shoot with both of them soon....will make a great pic!

As far as it being faster than the "old" one....I'd say not but it is a "cleaner" fast over the 69's "dirty" fast.....this car is a pleasure to drive even over the crappy NYC streets....no harshness from the 20's at all....I haven't stopped smiling yet....maybe I will when I do the first fill-up?

NAH!!!  :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on May 18, 2008, 06:15:28 PM
Congrats on the people's choice award for the 69 Chris. However not sure on the winning something for being the only car in the class for the Daytona though, JK. If it wasn't for getting something for being the only one in the class I wouldn't have ever taken home an award. Got 1st place in the under 25 group 5 years ago with my 500, incidentally was the only one to show up that was under 25 years old.

It was more a goof than anything Danny.....heck I had to get my $25 entry fee's worth!  :2thumbs:

That being said, to all that went & saw all the LX cars there, I guess none of them were in the peoples choice running maybe because they were in the LX Forums club (which sponsored the show)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

At least change your Avatar back to what it was..!!   :slap:   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettyfan43

I have a 66 and a 73, NOW I want a second gen and an 06 in Go Mango orange! Maybe if that lottery ticket pays off...............  :D

69 OUR/TEA

Congrats on everything Chris ,awards and the car.Looks real nice !!! Great choice in colors for your cars!!!Nice talkin to you yesterday,see you again at Carlisle.

69_500

Ah just poking a little fun at ya.

I'm still trying to talk my wife into a new Charger, but I like the new bright blue on them. She however is more fond of the new challenger, so it might be the next new car we get instead of a new charger.

G-man

Hey

Congrats on the win, but seriously, new charger? The only new re-make they made that looks any good is the new challenger (though I wouldnt get that either), 4 door charger?  :rofl:

The charger is as bad as the new mustang as far as resemblence goes of the original.  :eek2:

Hope i wasnt too rough on you, u did say take it easy  :poke:

RJS

Rode shotgun today and was very impressed with the new ride!!!!  Don't believe all the rumors Chris didn't cry on the way home even though it was raining!! :pity: :nana:

jrdart512

Congrats on the New ride Chris, Looks nice.
It's great you won a trophy with both cars, Now can both cars can be considered trophy whores? :lol:

RJS

Quote from: jrdart512 on May 18, 2008, 08:29:39 PM
Congrats on the New ride Chris, Looks nice.
It's great you won a trophy with both cars, Now can both cars can be considered trophy whores? :lol:

NO just the owner :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks Jeff!

PS---no thanks to Ronnie for posting that pic  :eek2:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T