News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let the truth be told.....my new ride!! '08 Daytona

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 18, 2008, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 19, 2008, 10:28:10 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 19, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

And normal for that matter. All Moparts talks about is Penguins :smilielol:

I sir, take great offence to being called normal. I have my reputation to uphold you know. :D

Sorry...his dudeness :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Quote from: myk on May 19, 2008, 08:02:23 PM
Strange.  Up until now just the mere mention of the "new" Charger or any of its variants got nothing but venomous hate from everyone.  Now all of a sudden it's nothing but glowing praise and its a "nice car?" 

I didn't leave glowing praise, I offered my condolences to Chris. :D General Discussion is "the place for general Automotive Discussion" so it's about Chargers and everything else too. This is in the "everything else" category. ;D The only time I get wound up is when people start trying to tell me that I have to accept the name attached to this car as anything but an advertising gimmick. I've said countless times that I don't have a problem with the car itself but I do have a problem with it being called Charger.

myk

Quote from: bull on May 19, 2008, 11:12:38 PM
I didn't leave glowing praise, I offered my condolences to Chris. :D General Discussion is "the place for general Automotive Discussion" so it's about Chargers and everything else too. This is in the "everything else" category.

I wasn't questioning whether the rules of the General Discussion thread have been broken or not.  I was commenting on the hippocrasy that's been displayed towards Chris' new car.  Take a look at Chris' statement underneath his avatar.  I'm sure we don't need to dig up the ugly sentiments that most people here feel about the new Charger or the matching posts and threads.  Suddenly, Chris buys one and it's a "nice car."  I bet if some newb had bought a new Charger and showed up here y'all woulda' ran him outta' town. 

Oh wait, that's actually happened before, even in here, the General Discussion thread.   

Once again, I think Chris did well.  I like the new Charger and I didn't need to change my tune about it just because a 'mod/respected member of this site just happened to buy one...

mikesbbody

I hear what your saying myke, but i can say with 100% confidence i have never talked crap about the new chargers i meant it when i said i liked them  :2thumbs: and it doesnt matter to me who owns them.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I agree Myk there is a big difference in this thread.  I don't know if it's a hypocrisy because it's a mod or if we are slowly becoming more mature but it's an interesting twist.  Maybe a little of both?

Shakey

Congratulations on the purchase Chris - great looking car!   :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on May 20, 2008, 03:37:41 AM
I agree Myk there is a big difference in this thread.  I don't know if it's a hypocrisy because it's a mod or if we are slowly becoming more mature but it's an interesting twist.  Maybe a little of both?

I think you forgot about, or forgot to mention, the butt-kissing factor.

4forty

Sorry, somebody has to do it......can you get more decals?  Good Luck with it, at least it's got a HEMI. :shruggy:

Blown70

Well I still dont like it being called a chager.  Nice car for a 4 door sure, just not what I would expect for a charger.

I dont care who owns one, STILL dont like the name of the car.

Tom

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Ponch ®

Welcome to the dark side, Chris!  :2thumbs:

Are you gonna join your local LX Club? Hope to see you at LX forums too!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on May 20, 2008, 03:37:41 AM
:iagree:

My positive comments previously were both.  Chris is not just a Mod here but a true hard working dedicated Charger lover, and I'm thrilled for him.  On the other hand, I'm not a big 4 Dr charger fan, but I am glad the badge name is still used 40 years later and come on, his car with that new color and graphics is beautiful and that's hard to deny whether you love the new stuff or not.  Cool car  dude. :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ACUDANUT

IMO I would just buy the decals, and put them on. It's cheaper that way.  BTW, as I said earlier, if it's a daytona, where is the pointed nose and the 6 foot wing ? :scratchchin:

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Chris! :cheers:
Does this mean you don't have a 'Stang any longer?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dan T

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 18, 2008, 07:18:33 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys!    I definitely have to get a photo shoot with both of them soon....will make a great pic!

As far as it being faster than the "old" one....I'd say not but it is a "cleaner" fast over the 69's "dirty" fast.....this car is a pleasure to drive even over the crappy NYC streets....no harshness from the 20's at all....I haven't stopped smiling yet....maybe I will when I do the first fill-up?

NAH!!!  :drive:

Congrats Chris! Glad to see that you finally did it. I hope I helped convince you!!
Wait till you can make it to the Mopar Nats on a half tank of gas with the air blasting, and the Hemi rumbling.
It's a great daily driver. It makes sence for me because the 4 doors come in handy with my little guy, and it's tame enough that the wife loves driving it. I have an old Caravan for winter use.

Here's a pic of the two of them..
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on May 21, 2008, 12:44:50 PM
Congrats, Chris! :cheers:
Does this mean you don't have a 'Stang any longer?

Nope still got it as well....traded in my truck

Quote from: Dan T on May 21, 2008, 02:51:05 PM

Congrats Chris! Glad to see that you finally did it. I hope I helped convince you!!
Wait till you can make it to the Mopar Nats on a half tank of gas with the air blasting, and the Hemi rumbling.
It's a great daily driver. It makes sence for me because the 4 doors come in handy with my little guy, and it's tame enough that the wife loves driving it. I have an old Caravan for winter use.

Here's a pic of the two of them..

Thanks Dan! You did help a bit  :cheers:

Figured out today how to use the 0-60 timer on the EVIC.....half throttle blast got me 6 seconds....She only has 150 miles on her so I dont want to beat on it too hard yet :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on May 22, 2008, 07:29:42 PM
Our "08" :2thumbs:

Very nice!  I like the monotone paint as well...too bad you cant get Hemi Orange like that ;)

What did you run?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

OneofNoneRT

straight stock ..no mods.. 14.2 @ 95+.. was best I could get in 2 passes.. It should be in the 13s..?? Probably just my reaction times??
The last pic I got over100+ Road Atlanta (Yearone).. Had a Blast :coolgleamA:

OneofNoneRT

the last one here is the 100+ ride..not the prev post..

Ponch ®

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on May 22, 2008, 08:24:02 PM
straight stock ..no mods.. 14.2 @ 95+.. was best I could get in 2 passes.. It should be in the 13s..?? Probably just my reaction times??
The last pic I got over100+ Road Atlanta (Yearone).. Had a Blast :coolgleamA:

mid to low 14's is about right for a stock R/T. Looks like yours has the Road and Track package, which adds another 10 or so HP.

My buddy's 07 Daytona with headers, exhaust, CAI, and Diablo Predator tune barely broke into the high 13's....

1968 Charger B5

nice car man, yet the stripe on the bottom reminds me of a mustang
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

RD

welp chris... those cars are good drivers and good luck with it

just because i have to say this, but... i wonder how many people would have been saying negative things if this thread was started 3 years ago? hmmmm  :scratchchin:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

Or if he logged on under an assumed username as if he were a first time poster.  ;)