News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let the truth be told.....my new ride!! '08 Daytona

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 18, 2008, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRGR SE

Congrats on the new toy, even if it does have extra doors.  :2thumbs: Love the paint.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

Fitz73Chrgr

I love it, especially since the Daytonas are getting the 20's now.   :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

jrdart512

Since you bought up the picture, you do look kinda.......How would you say...."special" :rofl:

bull

Ghoste

Does this mean you'll be changing your username?

mikesbbody

suntech

Nice car!
Just move the B pillar 8 inches to the rear, and weld the reardoors shut, and it would be real cool. :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

1969chargerrtse

I know you haven't driven it much yet, and it's cool to know the 69 is as fast or faster , but I always wonder when you go back into the old ride of the 69 is it a weird feeling?  Does the 69 feel like just an old car, or cool classic?  Does the love for the 69 stay the same, grow, or shrink?  I remember driving around in new stuff and then jumping in the vette I sold and sometimes I got that, harsh ride rattle feeling of being in a old car, while other times It was a cool classic cruise feeling like a million bucks.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

G-man

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 19, 2008, 05:19:56 AM
I know you haven't driven it much yet, and it's cool to know the 69 is as fast or faster , but I always wonder when you go back into the old ride of the 69 is it a weird feeling?  Does the 69 feel like just an old car, or cool classic?  Does the love for the 69 stay the same, grow, or shrink?  I remember driving around in new stuff and then jumping in the vette I sold and sometimes I got that, harsh ride rattle feeling of being in a old car, while other times It was a cool classic cruise feeling like a million bucks.

After being in new cars for awhile, getting in an old car is icing on the cake... The Noise, The rattle, The motor, WOOOOO!!!! thats a REAL CAR! :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: G-man on May 19, 2008, 05:58:26 AM

After being in new cars for awhile, getting in an old car is icing on the cake... The Noise, The rattle, The motor, WOOOOO!!!! thats a REAL CAR! :icon_smile_big:

I agree...2 different animals.  Right now the "old" one is sitting in the garage with a PS leak that happened backing down my driveway from Sat's show....havent looked at it yet :eek2:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Well, you have my Congratulations & approval, Chris!!  :2thumbs:  :yesnod: :yesnod:

It's a super-nice car ya got there, I wish you nothing but the best of luck & fun with it!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Cool Daytona Chris!........did you peel the Charger emblems off yet? nah Im just kidin. That thing will be a blast for a daily driver!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemidoug

Sooooooooooo....how come you weren't out there with me mixing it up with the boys? You tellin me you have another show poodle? :icon_smile_big: :nana:
Good luck with it brother! That's one fine ride! You get the 2.99 gas deal?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

moparstuart

please put the picture of the 69 back up in your avitar
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chatt69chgr

Darn Chris----that new Charger looks suspiciously like the same color as your 69--------I know it's not but will look forward to seeing a picture of the old and the new side by side.  I'am waiting on the 2009 Challengers myself (meanwhile, my ride is my 2005 Ram Quad Cab hemi solar yellow with rumblebee stripe on back). 

Thanks for all the guidance and advice you have given me on my 69 charger project.  It's coming along, albeit slowly, but coming along.

I was looking a photos someone posted from Englishtown and saw your car on one of them.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 18, 2008, 06:28:43 PM
  Can you really use it as a driver?  Me, I'm unfixable in that logic.  It would be a classic to me new or not and I would go anal on it.

Remember who you're talking about.  I don't think it matters what duty one of his rigs sees.  :icon_smile_wink:

I like the avatar and the car.  :2thumbs:

Again, I'm envious man.  Someday hopefully I'll be able to take book end pictures too.  ;)

The Kid

Damn Chris, that thing is NICE :2thumbs: ! Love the color and the wheels.

ACUDANUT

Nice NEW CAR.  If it's a Daytona, where is the pointed nose and the 5 foot tall wing ??
FWI, just playing with ya. Nice car. Can I borrow it for a couple of months ?
BTW Thanks for not buying a Jap car. :patriot:

myk

Strange.  Up until now just the mere mention of the "new" Charger or any of its variants got nothing but venomous hate from everyone.  Now all of a sudden it's nothing but glowing praise and its a "nice car?" 

Whatever, I've always liked the new Charger.  Nice one, Chris...

firefighter3931

Nice car Buddy....i drove a friends 06 Daytona last week after swapping some winter tires on the car for him. Very nice machine with descent acceleration.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: myk on May 19, 2008, 08:02:23 PM
Strange.  Up until now just the mere mention of the "new" Charger or any of its variants got nothing but venomous hate from everyone.  Now all of a sudden it's nothing but glowing praise and its a "nice car?" 

That might be true but I'm glad that this forum has the most civilized members of any "old Mopar" forum I know of :thumbs:

Ron, what rubber did your friend use?  I might look into doing the same.... ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 19, 2008, 09:11:57 PM
I'm glad that this forum has the most civilized members of any "old Mopar" forum I know of :thumbs:

And normal for that matter. All Moparts talks about is Penguins :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68RT4ME

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to being an Old School/New School Charger owners Member  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Big Lebowski

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 19, 2008, 09:14:29 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 19, 2008, 09:11:57 PM
I'm glad that this forum has the most civilized members of any "old Mopar" forum I know of :thumbs:

And normal for that matter. All Moparts talks about is Penguins :smilielol:

I sir, take great offence to being called normal. I have my reputation to uphold you know. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."