News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pump gear install

Started by RECHRGD, May 15, 2008, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Just got through pre-oiling the engine.  When installing the oil pump gear, is the slot that engages the distributor supposed to be horizontal or vertical at tdc when looking at it from the passenger side?  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

parallel with the camshaft.  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RD

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2008, 07:25:10 PM
parallel with the camshaft. :yesnod:

if its a small block, big blocks are just a hint canted up if looking at it straight on
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RECHRGD

Thank you Gentlemen!! It is a 440 and yes it does go a little upward.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 15, 2008, 07:25:10 PM
parallel with the camshaft.  :yesnod:

I install them the same way as Brian and place the vac advance cannister paralell to the front of the motor. This allows for some fore/aft distributor movement when adjusting the timing. You don't want the vacuum can to limit the distributors movement.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs