News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOT A NEW TOY TODAY(PICS INCLUDED)

Started by mikepmcs, May 15, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

justin1987

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 16, 2008, 07:33:21 AM
Free beer to anyone who can guess what the front bumper came from.

Mid 70's Ford Torino

Slowpoke

Looks like a Aspen or Volare bumper to me.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

mikepmcs

Ford Fairmont, you are correct sir.  Here you go :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Quote from: The70RT on May 16, 2008, 09:16:27 AM
Ford Fairmont???
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

looks pretty well sorted, i dissagree with cody i think it looks great as is...
& looks like great fun...
      SCORE!

The70RT

The Kid

That is AWESOME :drool5: ! Nice score. Does it have a trans brake?

Sory to hear about the General, hopefully the damage isn't too severe.

mikepmcs

Quote from: The Kid on May 16, 2008, 09:52:55 PM
That is AWESOME :drool5: ! Nice score. Does it have a trans brake?

Sory to hear about the General, hopefully the damage isn't too severe.
Trans Brake, hmm   not sure.  I do tell you what I'm a little concerned about is...does it have a reverse lockout(that's what i call it anyway).  My friend's brother died in 1986 because his 69 Camaro went into reverse as he was slapping through.  I'll have to go and shift through tomorrow or Sunday to see if it has a positive lock when I get too excited and shift beyond Drive.
General is going to the frame jig, Sunday or Monday night.  I'll get him back on his horse soon.  Finding a grille ain't so easy for decent money :'(

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Magnumcharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 15, 2008, 01:57:14 PM
My buddy Pat and I decided to get a new toy today.  Barn find been sitting for over 15 years in the back of this gentleman's garage.  We've known about the car for over 2 years and it's always been for sale but no advertising and nobody knew where it was.  Well, my other buddy Gene(in one picture with the blue sweatshirt on), whom we race with on saturdays (oval track, we're on the crew)  finally did his thing and got us in contact with Mr. Mike Collins(owner/builder) and the rest is history.  We uncovered her, fired it up(HOLY CRAP BY THE WAY) and she's home right now.   I actually had to move all my woodworking equipment to fit her in the garage.  We're gonna freshen the valve springs, put some new wheel/tires on, redo the brakes and let her rip.  Hopefully down to Oxford Plains 1/8th in about 2 weeks.  I'm probably driving(hopefully better than I did on the General 3 weeks ago :slap:)
Here's some pics.

v/r
Mike

This Mike Collins....is he the one also known as 6pkrunner???
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

sixpack70

Here is the reverse lockout on my 66 falcon, shift on the column. It looks weird but works perfectly. There is no way to push it past drive. I've seen it in action multiple times from my friend and owner before me.

1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

mikepmcs

Quote from: Magnumcharger on May 16, 2008, 11:51:58 PM

This Mike Collins....is he the one also known as 6pkrunner???

I don't think so , this gentleman doesn't use computers at all. I believe the Mike you are talking about lives in Canada.

SIXPAK70
Thanks for the picture and idea.  I guess I was just thinking on the transmission/shifter linkage doing the job properly but I guess there is no question with this setup.
is this something you buy or did you fabricate it?
Thanks
v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

First order of business.  Make it even lighter.  :coolgleamA: Next is the brakes, PO said he put drums back on the car because they were lighter than disk.  We just pulled the tires off and there ain't no way those drums are lighter than a disc setup nowadays.  Maybe back then this was true? :shruggy:

Here's a couple pics of the new addition.  I cut the debris screen off the old metal hood and i'll be filling those manhole covers with that.  I'm thinking JB Weld to adhere them once I cut them to size.  Anyone got any better ideas to adhere the metal screen to the fiberglass, I'm open to suggestions please.
Thanks

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

Put a marine battery in her today.  Now we just need to fab up some brackets for the alt.(we are going to street this car as well)
Bought 2 cans interior paint today cause I'll be painting the panels black on the inside tomorrow. Sorry Cody, that's the only black this car is getting except for the new hood. The outside is pretty much staying as is. Total nostalgia here.

v/r
Mike

Finn

looks fricking sweet!

New hood scope is ftw, that old one was my only  :eek2: when I saw the first pics
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Started on the interior today.  Painting it all black inside.  The door panels I'll be recovering as soon as I get some material. Too far gone to just clean and paint IMO.
Guess the door shot explains the missing window crank.DOH!
I know I should be working on my Charger but that is this weekend.

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

couple more.  I'll be doing the headliner in the same material as the door panels. :cheers:

I was thinking of getting some shag carpet and using that or maybe some crushed velvet .J/K

mikepmcs

Found this great material at Wallyworld yesterday, it kind of has a rubber backing on it.  Very durable it appears. 
Here's some pics of the door panels i'm doing right now.  Gonna use it for the headliner as well(that will be fun).
Got the new set of RJS belts ordered(orange of course)
Plugs are on order NGK and ordering the FireCores from Rick today as well.
Pop(my buddy Pat) is in the garage right now replacing the back brake shoes and hardware.  The fronts were all brandy new including hardware.

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

couple more :cheers:

The70RT

mikepmcs

quick video here after some minor adjustments.  Wish you guys could hear this live. Used my junk sony camera so sorry bout' the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURYP_Fc_GI :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

sounds real good  :2thumbs:  and looks tough too. good luck with her. do you have any idea what she'll run . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikepmcs

Rene
Last known...she runs 6's in the 1/8th and low 10 in the 1/4.
This car hasn't been run in over 15 years.  Trust me, i'm gonna give her some when I get behind the wheel.  Still need to freshen the springs and we got a hold of the engine builder named Bob Bailey down Cundy Harbor way.  Good thing no one ever leaves this state(except Jimmy Shine :'()..he couldn't even remember his build but hopefully I will get some good tech when we bring a spring to him to match em up. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

Fit a new radiator today.  Ok, it was out of the junk truck I had out back.... but a couple mods and she slid right in. The electric fan will still work after I do a little choppin'.

Here's some pics. 
v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

last 2 for now

mikepmcs

:D