News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GOT A NEW TOY TODAY(PICS INCLUDED)

Started by mikepmcs, May 15, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

My buddy Pat and I decided to get a new toy today.  Barn find been sitting for over 15 years in the back of this gentleman's garage.  We've known about the car for over 2 years and it's always been for sale but no advertising and nobody knew where it was.  Well, my other buddy Gene(in one picture with the blue sweatshirt on), whom we race with on saturdays (oval track, we're on the crew)  finally did his thing and got us in contact with Mr. Mike Collins(owner/builder) and the rest is history.  We uncovered her, fired it up(HOLY CRAP BY THE WAY) and she's home right now.   I actually had to move all my woodworking equipment to fit her in the garage.  We're gonna freshen the valve springs, put some new wheel/tires on, redo the brakes and let her rip.  Hopefully down to Oxford Plains 1/8th in about 2 weeks.  I'm probably driving(hopefully better than I did on the General 3 weeks ago :slap:)
Here's some pics.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

more :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

couple more :icon_smile_big:

Back N Black

Cool car, looks like you can have alot of fun with thing.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

nice  needs a big block put in her

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

wow   :o  :drool5: i like that  :yesnod:...looks to be a serious small block in there ..judging  by the big tube headers &  carb  :scratchchin:
keep us up dated   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mefirst

Shakey

Cool car but.....I thought times were tough right now for you?   :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Awesome find Mike! That thing would look awesome black!

"I'm probably driving(hopefully better than I did on the General 3 weeks ago :slap:)"

What happened.... :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

justin1987

mikepmcs

Quote from: moparstuart on May 15, 2008, 02:02:49 PM
nice  needs a big block put in her

That's what I said until I heard it run.  10 second car.  6 in 1/8th.   Chevy crank in that thing too.
Quote from: Shakey on May 15, 2008, 02:36:18 PM

Quote from: Shakey on May 15, 2008, 02:36:18 PM

Cool car but.....I thought times were tough right now for you?   :shruggy:

Mike, they are.  Not my money.  Pat(I call him pop) lives with me and has for a while.  He's kind of never had a home so I gave him one.  He likes his toys(i like em' too :2thumbs:)

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 15, 2008, 02:37:12 PM
Awesome find Mike! That thing would look awesome black!

"I'm probably driving(hopefully better than I did on the General 3 weeks ago :slap:)"

What happened.... :scratchchin:

Cody, wrecked it about 3 weeks ago.  Frame jig at my buddy's shop is finally free, so the GL will be going in this weekend(at night of course) to start getting him fixed back up.
Thanks for the comments fellas.  More updates and pics to come.  Tomorrow, 6 pack hood goes on, all new brake stuff, etc....

v/r
Mike

mikesbbody

very nice mike  :2thumbs: proof that the "found in barn" thing is still happening

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

The70RT

Nice. I use to have too many Dusters. Now I dont have any. Good luck  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Quote from: tan top on May 15, 2008, 02:05:50 PM
wow   :o  :drool5: i like that  :yesnod:...looks to be a serious small block in there ..judging  by the big tube headers &  carb  :scratchchin:
keep us up dated   :popcrn:

Pushing over 600ponies and man that carb is ridiculous.

He told pat if it don't beat my buddy's big block 69' chevelle(king around town) he'd give him his money back :o

He is very proud of his build...and his knowledge is absolutely incredible. :yesnod:

v/r
Mike

dads_69

Cool, I dig A body's. I just picked up a 340 w/a 727 today myself. I'm gonna use it for my Dart vs. my H.P. 340/377 stroker.

Edit: When I built my stroker mopar B/B 400, which became a 444 cu. in. we used chevy 454 con-rods in it. It's re-comended when doing so. 512 H.P. and 588 Trq.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

mike, let me get this straight, a chevy crank in the 340?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on May 15, 2008, 08:39:07 PM
yeah thats strange , I still say put a 400 stroker in it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mikepmcs

Quote from: The70RT on May 15, 2008, 08:36:36 PM
Is that rear a 8-3/4 or a 9 inch?

8-3/4 with 4.8's
he gave us another chunk with it(489 case 3.23 SG Cone) and says he might have another somewhere.

Quote from: RD on May 15, 2008, 08:39:07 PM

Jamey, yes, a chevy crank, if i remember right it's out of a 400.  This guy was doing things well ahead of his time.  He was telling us the stories of back in the day and how he would put every car they raced on the trailer.  Also he had built a 300 Wankle(i think that's right) snowmobile many many years ago and won every division from 300-800 class.  I have no reason not to believe him.  The specs and stuff this guy would spew out were mind boggling.  He was talking way over my head at times(which isn't too hard). 
Oh yeah and he kept the shift on the column, he seemed to get a kick out of that.  904 mvb.

Free beer to anyone who can guess what the front bumper came from.

v/r
Mike