News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Jewel up in flames!!

Started by suntech, May 13, 2008, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

HOLY SHIT! (Sorry Mods) That is an out and out shame. I really did enjoy the pictures of your progression with the car and seeing your choice in wheels prompted me to order a set of JYD's for my '70. Like you yourself and others have said it's not "that" bad and given your skills it certainly can be revived. My suggestion? If the paint is to far gone mix a batch of TX9.  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

dads_69

After viewing what photos we have of the damage shown now, it doesn't look as bad as I had expected. Hell, maybe a driver still, just not as pretty as before.
Give it a good bath/buff and hit the road. Warped panels can be repaired, a totally burnt car can not.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

The Kid

Dude, my heart truely goes out to you :'( .

I just checked out your website, looking at pics and what not. That really is probably one of the nicest 68's I've ever seen. From the pics it doesn't look all bad, hopefully it can be saved. It's definitely a piece of art.

justin1987

:'( Sorry for your loss. The good thing is that only material possessions were lost. Look at this as a new beginning. It can only get better from here on out.

dpm68

Ouch! I hope everything works out.

DodgeChargerNeeded

That is a damn shame, Truthfully one of the nicest 68 Chargers I have saw.
Jeff

squeakfinder

Sorry to see this happen. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

suntech

I agree that by first glimse it doesnt look all that bad, but ..... there has been some serious heat there. On the A pillar there is a crack from the expanded metal, and the springs for the hood has lost their tension. Oxidation from the fumes makes it prone to rust issues later on etc. I agree that it doesnt take that much to make it drivable, but "DRIVABLE" was not a suitable descrition of the car, before the fire!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

rav440

Quote from: billssuperbird on May 13, 2008, 03:11:22 PM
:'(

i 2nd what BILL said  :'(

i hope all works out well with the insurance co. and we see anther resto thread dedicated to that beautiful CHARGER .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

The70RT

Wow man I really feel for ya. I followed your thread and what you did on it is amazing. I hope the insurance gets your shop back in buissiness and takes car of the cost of the Charger. I can't fathom what your going through man. Hold your head up and carry on is all you can do.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pistolpete

Hey Buddy,

My heart sank when I read this, I cant imaging how much that would suck.............
Best of luck putting her back together bro........(If thats the way you decide to go)
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

SFRT

Insane. Man....so sorry. Best of luck with the rebuilding.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

keepat

I hope today was better then yesterday and tomorrow is better then today. I'm sorry for your loses.
Pat

plum500

Wow. I hope things look up for you on a daily basis too and things work out as well as they can.

miller

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, but if anyone can fix that car it is you.. good luck with the shop and the car!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

GT

Dude - that is so heart breaking.   :pity:  Your ride was a inspiration to us all.   :'( Take a break for a while then go back to the Charger.
You gotta fix-her man! 

I'd suggest taking it somewhere and let them just clean it up from the soot & etc. so you can see where you are at. 
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

G-man

Good things die hard, Great things DONT DIE

Bring it back to where it was!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

NYCMille

Awe shit dude.... man, I just read this and I am SO sorry. We all know how much time you spent that car - dude, if you need anything please just shoot me a PM... again, really sorry man. :-\

mikesbbody

I cant really add anything that hasnt already been said but i am truely sorry and i hope everything works out for you please dont give up!

Ghoste

Sorry to hear about this.  It's a big enough deal just to own one of these cars outside North America so I hope you are able to rebuild.

Tilar

That sux. She really is a beauty. I have to agree with Charger1973 though, I would wash it down and vacuum the interior and see what you're really looking at.  She may not be in as bad a shape as it looks. After all, it is a Charger  ;)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RECHRGD

Man!  That's my worst nightmare.  I know it's hard to see past the damage right now, but your very lucky the whole shop and cars didn't end up in a pile of ashes.  Hang in there, as others have said.  It can only get better.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Hemidoug

Hang in there....she will clean up. I would hope that insurance would take care of the costs.....figures that it was a CHEVY that cought fire.... :brickwall:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

nh_mopar_fan

I was expecting much much worse.

Clean it up and get a better idea of what you're dealing with.

Goodz

I am sure there is damage that isnt visable to the naked eye, but it doesnt look like this is something that cant be fixed.  The car need s a GOOD cleaning.  i would hire someone to do it and you dont need the stress and misery of cleaning up your baby.  Just send it out and get it back clean.  Then assess the damage from there.  It probably wont be easy, but it might not be as bad as you first thought.  Your car burnt in a fire STILL looks better than mine.  Hang in there buddy.

As far as the shop goes, its still standing.  Looks mostly like smoke damage.  Hope your insurance company does the right thing.  Keep your chin up!
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."